TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Official Nintendo Wii Discussion Thread

I'm renting Zack and Wiki right now. It's pretty awesome. And hard.

Like you guys have said, it looks really childish and stupid, but once you get into it, it's a really tough point-and-click adventure! I'm currently stuck on the 'King of the Jungle' (or what I think it's called) level, the one with the big monkey thing. That one's hard.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BTW, the "Cell Phone Game" (Dial R for Rabbid), is my favorite minigame ever! I customized my own trip where that was the only game in it. My brothers and I played that game over and over again. I love sending texts to my other rabbids.
Finally played Rayman Raving Rabbids 2 today and yeah, I agree, it's so much fun and made all the more cooler by the fact you're raising the remote to your ear like a phone then hear the phone's chatter coming through the speaker. Definitely my favourite so far. I like ones where you play the songs though. Satisfaction and 'Papa's Got A Brand New Bag' are the ones I've experienced so far of that type. Love it.

And yeah, it's a great console for casual gaming but I'm looking forward to getting Super Mario Galaxy this week and seeing deeper games come out. I would do the new Metroid one but haven't really played any others in the series.

I'm renting Zack and Wiki right now. It's pretty awesome. And hard.

Like you guys have said, it looks really childish and stupid, but once you get into it, it's a really tough point-and-click adventure! I'm currently stuck on the 'King of the Jungle' (or what I think it's called) level, the one with the big monkey thing. That one's hard.

You rock for playing it! I love it I bought it!

I bought mine a couple of months ago... I called all over the place and a Best Buy about 8 miles away had them in stock... they totally lied to me... they said they had about 2 or 3 in stock but when I went I saw they had a big display and had about 20 Wii's stacked up but I'm sure they ran out quickly.

If you want one, it just takes some effort. Call all the stores, see when their shipments usually come in, then be ready to get up early and visit often.

The EB near us gets some each week and as long as you're there at the right time you can get one.

In fact, we may be getting another one soon!

Well I played a Wii for the first time last Thursday at my cousin's house. I really like the way the controller works as motion sensitive and doubles as a game controller. My brother, my cousins and I all played Wii sports for a while. The bowling game is addictive and the golf is awesome! We also played the original Super Mario Brothers on the Wii for quite a bit. Good 'ol retro gaming on a next generation console.

My brother not has enough money and plans to go out and buy a Wii this weekend. I'm not much of a gamer anymore, but I still enjoy them very much when I have time. When he gets this, we plan to sell our Gamecube since the Wii will play all of our games for it and works with the controllers. We haven't gotten a new gaming system since the Xbox right after Halo 2 came out.

Got an email today to say that there is a well known UK supplier getting some in tomorrow morning. Its gonna be a full blown operation in the Stevenson household. Last time they got 600 in and 10,000 people tried to get one.

Wish me luck!

Still? I thought sales were decreasing.

Ok I just got our first Wii ordered today on amazon for my g/f for Christmas and figured you guys seem to love it so I have a couple of questions? (I still have not played one, kind of Halo guy, sorry)

Wifi built in? Or do I need an adaptor for my wireless network? Also can you link up the DS with the Wii?

Good starter games for someone who loves the Super Mario Bro’s era? I have been looking at the games and have no idea what might even be decent?

What accessories should I just go ahead and buy, ones really used or needed that do not come with the base model?

I did order the Wii play for the couple of games and extra remote, and just Super Mario Galaxy.

Any suggestions, thanks.

Matt

PS. Anyone trying to find one I used http://www.xpbargains.com/wii_rss.php and found it in stock in one day for 249, and not the ebay price of 415. fyi.

Wifi is built in just have to set it up.

Get Mario Bros on the VC!

Just remotes and Nunchucks. Need them for multiplayer!

Wii Play sucks. Its as simple as that. I got it for the remote when you couldnt find them still.

Mario Galaxy is one of the best games I have ever played on any consoles! You chose well!