TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Official Nintendo Wii Discussion Thread

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm currently renting Mario Strikers Charged. It's pretty awesome, despite the fact that I played it for the first time 6 hours ago. The controls are great, the motion sensing stuff doesn't completely take over the game, and it has a lot of good variety in teams, playing modes and stuff like that.

Overall, I like it. But I need to play it more for a better review.

Anyone get Metroid Prime 3: Corruption yet? By far, this is probably my favorite of the MP series as this is the only console FPS game I've played (Besides Red Steel) that doesn't bother my eyes. Halo, the first 2 Metroid Primes, etc bother my eyes probably because of the sudden back & forth movements using the joysticks trying to aim. With the wiimote, it's just aim & shoot so maybe that's why. Graphically, it's maybe a little bit more than the Cube version but even the cube versions have had some nice graphics as well. Sadly, no wifi, no multiplayer.

Got it last night about 7 o'clock, only stopped playing because I had to go to work (thank god for energy drinks). Controls are awesome , graphics are very impressive for the little Wii and the game very addicting. They have this reward system which is pretty neat that lets you buy bumper stickers to put on Samus space ship, a Mii bobble head for the space ships dash board, and you can take in game screen shots to send to your friends to show off how far you gotten. All in all if you like adventure games and/or shooters its a must buy.

I'm currently renting Mario Strikers Charged. It's pretty awesome, despite the fact that I played it for the first time 6 hours ago. The controls are great, the motion sensing stuff doesn't completely take over the game, and it has a lot of good variety in teams, playing modes and stuff like that.

Overall, I like it. But I need to play it more for a better review.

The Stricker Cup is f'n impossible....I am SO frustrated!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

It's weird to see them in more places. I mean, 2 months ago they were still impossible to find. Last Friday, I went into Best Buy and they had 6 (Well, 5). Someone bought one while I was in the store, so obviously people still want them.

• 2 weeks later...

^ That's great, the onscreen keyboard is a huge pain.

Okay, now I can say from experience. Metroid Prime 3 is an amazing game, it's graphics are stunning for the wii, it's very innovative and it's just all-around amazing.

MySims is just mediocre, it's too 8-year-old girl oriented. Every mission is focused on building, and once you reach a 2-star rating you can't have any real creativity when you build the sims' houses.