TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Official Nintendo Wii Discussion Thread

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a question for some of you Wii owners out there...Are any of your systems making this loud buzzing/vibrating noise when you pop in a disc? It's weird because my discs aren't getting scratched yet it sounds like maybe it's rubbing something. Hasn't affected performance yet though...and I have a 3 year warranty on it incase anything starts to come up.

^^It's getting bad reviews because the critics are playing by themselves, rather than as a "party" (and because it has no story).

I love this game so much. It's great for introducing my friends to the system as well, as it isn't overly complicated and it is really easy to follow.

Now I just need Rayman and Paper Mario.

^ That's why gametrailers.com gave it an "okay" review. It has a crap story.

Alright, here's my story. I was at Chadstone (Shopping mall, biggest in Australia) on Sunday. I was in EB, and they were having a big sale. So i decided i would spend $100 on something(s). I ventured over to the wii area, were they seemed to have about 3 times as much stuff on display as usual. I found Tony Hawk Downhill Ham, which despite some pretty bad reviews, looked alright. It was half price as well (A$50). I decided to buy phoenix Wright, Ace Attorney with it as well for my DS.

I played Phoenix Wright that night, and i loved it. But since we were going to the footy, i didn't get time to play Tony Hawk. Not 20 minutes ago, i played Tony Hawk Downhill jam for the first time. And:

It freaking sucks! after about 15 minutes of playing, i was so pissed of at the crappiness of the controls, i almost felt like chucking the remote at the TV. GAH!!! Why did i buy it!!!

EDIT: I'm actually having a fair amount of fun with it now, i think it was just a learning curve with the steering, which can still be a bit annoying.

Has anybody else had their Wii make a loud buzzing sound while playing a game, having the screen freeze, and the power button not doing anything? It's happened to me twice, and both times the only way to solve it is unplugging your Wii, losing all the precious data that you didn't have a chance to save.

Yeah, that happened to me once when I was playing Excite Truck... Sometimes when I'm playing Wii Sports the damn thing vibrates like crazy! No scratches, but no other discs do it...

I posted this in the friend codes thread, but does anyone here have Mario Strikers Charged? (First game for Wii with WiFi). I'm after someone to play... Oh, and if you visit the site below on your wii, there's a game thing you can play...

Official UK Website

Has anyone found it hard to find a Wii now. Because on Thursday I tried to find a Wii for my nephew and I went to a lot of stores. I like in Sacramento and I went to 4 Targets, 3 Best Buys, 4 WalMarts, 1 Circuit City, 9 GameStops, 2 Toys 'R' Uses, and even some guys trunk and still didn't find any. So at about 7:00pm I found a used one at new Play 'N' Trade and all ends well.

^ I Just meant the backwards compatibilty part, not all the Wii hardware.

Like, i know that the Wii has hardware emulation (So i guess its just faking a gamecube, nothing more or less), while the Xbox 360 has software emulation, which is why only some games work on it.

I think I"m going to probably have to take the Wii on in to get Wii-paired as this buzzing noise is really loud. Nothing's getting scratched though but I'm getting tired of turning up the TV over the loud buzzing noise just so I can hear things. I sent Ninty an e-mail so we'll see what they have to say. And luckily, I have a 3-year warranty.

I'm planning on going out and buying Super Paper Mario soon. I was at Best Buy the other day and couldn't decide between SSX Blur (I've loved all the SSX games) and Super Paper Mario. Needless to say I picked SSX Blur and wish i would have picked Super Paper Mario