TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Official Nintendo Wii Discussion Thread

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Opera web browser should be active in a few hours!

I don't think there will be a free game on Xmas - but nintendo has announced what will be released on Dec. 25 and Jan 1st on the VC

(from Gamespot)

For its own part, Nintendo is releasing the original NES classic Super Mario Bros. for 500 Wii points ($5). Backing up the company’s portly plumbers will be a pair of best sellers from the Super Nintendo era: Capcom’s Street Fighter II: The World Warrior and Konami’s Super Castlevania IV. Each of those games will sell for 800 Wii points ($8).

The final two games announced for release Christmas Day are pulled from non-Nintendo platforms. The Sega Genesis game ToeJam & Earl dances its funky way onto the Virtual Console, followed by the TurboGrafx-16 shoot-’em-up R-Type, both for 800 Wii points ($8). The R-Type price is notable since all previous TurboGrafx-16 games on the Virtual Console have sold for 600 Wii points ($6).

Finally, Nintendo also announced a pair of games that would be released for the Virtual Console the Monday after Christmas, New Year’s Day. The publisher will start the new year by swinging for the fences with Baseball and fighting in the streets with Urban Champion. Both games debuted on the NES and will sell for 500 Wii points ($5).

Robb brought me:

CoD3 - Still in wrapper, no real desire to play

Tony Hawk - Unwrapped, but still unplayed...not really into skateboarding games

Zelda - I rode my horse, I herded goats, I got bored. Not my type of game.

Rayman - OMG!!! BEST GAME!!!! WOW!!! I never thought I would like this, but wow, it's my favorite game for the Wii so far! If you don't have this game, you need to get it now!!!! I played it with Jahan and Robb today for over 5 hours!

^ Oh, who doens't laugh at monkey balls?

amyway, the beta web browser comes out today (free) and i can't wait...

i find it kinda funny that im excited over surfing the web.. when im on the internet right now anyway, but, whatever.

I just hope youtube will work. YOutube on a 50inch TV would be nice...

EDIT: Wii Opera Browser is up, and pretty awsome.

I hope it supports progressive scan, because it very blurry (but you can zoom in, so readin is not a problem)

Everything works great so far, and i've been watching youtube videos no problem.

Well I downloaded the beta version of the web browser and tried a few times to post on TPR but it doesn't seem to like to actually post. It will let me read all I want but no further than that. I'll try again when it is not 4 in the morning At least perhaps I was the first person to read TPR on a Wii?

^ OMG, YES< that outhouse game ,i was really about to pull out a videocamera and record me playing that, becasue i was about to have an attack, i just could NOT do it!

Especially the far right one.

Whats with the multiple posts, is that a wii think or a TPR problem?

^ OMG, YES< that outhouse game ,i was really about to pull out a videocamera and record me playing that, becasue i was about to have an attack, i just could NOT do it!

Especially the far right one.

It helps if you try to aim low when closing the door.

Around the rabbids' crotch level seems to work the best.

I didn't see double posts anywhere but this thread, so I'm thinking it did have something to do with the Wii.

As for Rayman, we never had an issue with the outhouse game. The two games that gave us the most trouble were the:

- 1st level of the Brain Ball thing

- 1st level of the Ice Curling event thing

I so want to go play some more Rabbid Girls just wanna have fun!!! Oh, and I guess I better try out the browser too!

I didn't see double posts anywhere but this thread, so I'm thinking it did have something to do with the Wii.

I thought that too but some of my double posts were from my PC so it can't be just a Wii problem...

As far as the browser, YouTube doesn't seem to be working anymore, even though it worked last night. Says I don't have Flash despite the fact that other Flash sites work fine. Anyone else have this problem?