TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Official Nintendo Wii Discussion Thread

Can someone explain to me how you're supposed to aim in Tennis (in Wii Sports)? I was doing Fitness and I totally could not aim where I hit. I looked in the instruction manual, but that diagram just confused me more. HELP!! My Fitness Age today was 65

Did you try back-handing the ball? And don't feel so bad...My fitness age was 76.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can someone explain to me how you're supposed to aim in Tennis (in Wii Sports)? I was doing Fitness and I totally could not aim where I hit. I looked in the instruction manual, but that diagram just confused me more. HELP!! My Fitness Age today was 65.

To aim, you have to hit the ball with timing, if you hit the ball earlier, than it will go into the direction of your swing, but if you hit it later, it will go the opposite direction of your swing, kinda like baseball, it all has to do with timing.

^ There's alot of helpful info in this thread, skim back a few pages. It seems like most people called their local Targets, Wal Marts, or whatevers and asked when the next shipments were coming in and when they were planning on selling them.

Easiest thing to do if you want to snag one quick without ordering online, but prepared to get there early. I got to Target 2 hours before opening, and there were already a decent amount of poeple lined up (exactly one less then the ammount of systems). You can ask how many they are getting, and most of the time they know about how many but alot of the times its not an exact number. I called Target a couple times asking how many and got 20, but I was last to get a Wii in line at #28 so they had more then they told me which is good. Also, its different with each store how they go about it. Most give out tickets, like Target gave out tickets at around 7 AM so those not getting one didnt wait any longer, and let those in with tickets in the store at 7:30 (half hour before reg opening time) I was standing in line with a woman who also had a husband at another target that waited until 7:30 to hand out tickets and just let them in. Alot of Walmarts are open 24 hours, but don't actually sell Wiis until 8 AM (at least around here), so you can wait in line at the electronics section which is a little better then in the cold.

good thin' we can play all games just holdin' Wii stick in your hand!

this gotta be kinda greatest hit ever in the US cuz 'round 1200000

consoles got sold! i guess this stuff can catch up with Xbox 360 in a

year if Nintendo's gonna get new style gamings out to us!

I must be the only person on this site without a Wii now...

Not true, I am currently still Wii-less.

But hopefully that will change tomorrow, we get to sell ours finally, after a week of sitting in the store.

I'm a little worried, because a lot of people are asking when we are selling them, how many we have and all that other nonsense. I try to discourage as much as I can, without loosing my job, cuz you know it's personal now, I need to get my Wii, then everyone else can get one, no problem.

I talked to my boss about what we talked about last week. He asked me what time I has coming in, I told him and he said see him then.

He better not F'k with me, I better get my Wii or I'm gonna be reaaaallyyy pissed

I would get there earlier, but I can only get there at 7:20, after I drop my daughter to school and they go on sale at 8:00, so unless I get a little "special" treatment, I aint gettin' one.

Any way, those of you still looking, Wii-mart has them on sale tomorrow at 8:00 AM, don't be late and please stay away from my store.

I tried the demo Wii at Chadstone (That's a Mall) today. I was very impressed! It was good for me, because i suck at the buttons and stuff. I really want one, but i know I'm not going to get one, so yeah. But i can dream...

and hope...

For a Birthday and Christmas...

Hearing the Wii epidemic and everything, Nintendo made an effort to send this out to everyone who registered their Wii's. It is also available on the Nintendo website. It basically says "Don't chuck your wiimote when bowling, don't brutally beat people up with the wiimote, and use your wrist strap.

Hello,

>

>We hope you are enjoying your Wii. When using the Wii

>system, please review this safety information to insure an

>enjoyable and safe play experience.

>

>Wear the wrist strap when using the Wii Remote.

>Make sure all players use the wrist strap and that the strap

>lock is correctly tightened. When sharing the Wii Remote

>between multiple players, make sure each person using the

>remote properly uses the wrist strap. Wearing the wrist

>strap will prevent you from accidentally dropping or

>throwing the remote during game play which could damage the

>remote or surrounding objects, or cause injury to other

>people.

>

>Do not let go of the remote during game play.

>For example, in a game like Wii Sports bowling, the ball is

>thrown by simply releasing the B Button on the remote, not

>by letting go of the remote! Hold the remote securely and

>avoid excessive motion during game play. If your hands

>become moist, stop and dry your hands. Excessive motion may

>cause you to let go of the remote and may break the wrist

>strap.

>

>Allow adequate room around you during game play.

>Stay at least three (3) feet away from the television. Make

>sure objects and other people are out of your range of

>movement or arm motion to prevent damage or injury.

>

>For more information on Wii safety, please visit

>nintendo.com/consumer/wiisafety.jsp:

>http://l.nintendo-news.com/l/r/04FptzKJ0WlJG0GGjX

>

>Thanks and we hope you are enjoying your new product!

>

>Nintendo of America Inc.

So far, so good here as far as Wii accidents...Wii Don't Have A Problem!

Ok..nevermind...I did nearly get hit in the head playing Baseball on Wii Sports.

The Wii is coming to the UK 2morrow 8th Dec. Europe is last as always

People have started to Q this morning at my local "Game" shop.

Is everyone very happy with their "Wii" and anyone used their's as a "Gamecube"..?

I will wait for the New Year before I buy one to go with my DS Lite.

haha, Tomorrow will be crazy, i'm determined to get my wii, after my pre-order went all pear shaped, i will travel to every shop, and do what it takes!

wish me luck folks.

Try some of the big supermarkets, they may be stocking the console, but don't take pre-orders.

I originally put the Wii on my christmas list, but I just found out that no one in my family can find one...so it's up to me to track it down...

So what should I do? What's the best way for me to get my hands on one of these systems? Should I bug Best Buy about it over and over, or should I try to go online to find one?

I've received a call today when my mom was out, and guess who it was ? It was EBGames calling to say that they had received the Wii my mom preordered and that she could pick it up until 9 tonight

When she came back home, I told her the message left by EB and she went out to buy it, kinda unlucky because it was supposed to be a surprise until christmas, but anyway !

I love my wii even more now that I got Zelda, great game so far. Oddly enough this is my introductory game to the series as well, never really played (or even owned) a Zelda game before, so this was a pretty good start. The graphics are very pretty as well, the coolest so far was the forest in twilight.