TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Official Nintendo Wii Discussion Thread

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Erhh. Is Wii Weather and News supposed to NOT be working? It says I need an update but when I go do the update it says my Wii already is updated. Help porfavor!

Specific dates, if you're interested:

News - Jan 27.

Forecast - Dec 20.

At least, that's what Nintendo says.

It would have been nice if one of the first two network updates made those channels mention something about the fact that its not supposed to be up yet.

I guess I'm gonna have to wait until Friday to get my Wii.

I figured I would get them in last week, but I guess I figured wrong.

Now I'm told as soon as they come in, we have to hold them because they are in the flyer for next week, so we have to have some in the store.

But the flyer says minimum of 3 ( yes, 3 ) per store and we're getting in 31, so I could get one as soon as they come in, but if I wait until Fri. I can save an extra 10% on it, that's 20% in total......yippie

I guess I waited this long, what's another 4 days, right.

I wouldn't be able to really play it until the weekend anyway, well I could but I know I wouldn't really get enough sleep for work.

I found an interesting read a few minutes ago, after hearing my dad telling me about what he had read in the Wall Street Journal about the Wii. It turns out that unfit 'fatties' can't handle the Wii and are experiencing "The Wii Elbow." Something tells me that Nintendo's in for some ridiculous lawsuits from unfit players/careless players who want to complain about life all day long. So funny to read....and these people don't realize all it takes is a simple flick to hit that baseball...not some super smash swing that's going to send their wii-mote through the window. Basically, it says this:

WSJ: First cases of "Wii Elbow" reported

Aerobic activity with motion-sensing controller causing aches, pains; Nintendo urges exercise to counteract.

By Tim Surette, GameSpot

Posted Nov 27, 2006 12:29 pm PT

Nintendo is seeking to lead the charge against the notion that all gamers are unfit couch potatoes. Nationwide sellouts of the Wii indicate that gamers are supporting that notion, and many have been very vocal about the system's motion-sensitive controller as being a revolution in gaming. The problem is that it appears that after the first week of the console's release, many of those gamers are running out of breath.

The Wall Street Journal says that "Wii elbow" and other Wii-related physical issues may be the first widespread gaming-related injuries since "Nintendo thumb," the condition that ran rampant following the introduction of the NES in the '80s and the SNES in the '90s.

The newspaper spoke with several new Wii owners who were experiencing aches and pains from repeated use of the console. A 12-year-old from Kentucky reported numbness in her right arm after mimicking the motions of bowling and boxing in Wii Sports; a computer programmer in Minnesota, who admits to being "not very active," complained of sore shoulders; and a man in Indiana says he was "soaking wet with sweat, head to toe" after Wii Boxing.

Nintendo vice president of marketing Perrin Kaplan put it plainly. "[The Wii] was not meant to be a Jenny Craig supplement," she told the WSJ. "If people are finding themselves sore, they may need to exercise more."

Article here

So yeah, Red Steel... You want some exercise? Try fighting off guys with your sword. I built up a sweat and my heart rate!

I am getting sick off getting called a bastard and an A-Hole the entire time during game play.

Yeah I found the Boxing that came with the system was very...exausting.

Is it me or does Gamecube have better graphics than this thing?

It's just you. The Wii has a better graphics chip with more memory.

Perhaps the games you are playing might not look better, but the system does in fact have better tech specs for graphics than the Game Cube.

--Robb "It's what the game developers do with the hardware, not the system iteself that will make it look better or not." Alvey

Is that WSJ article for real? Geesh! That's ridiculous!

Yeah, my arm was sore, and I'll take that I'm an out of shape blob, but that is my problem, not Nintendo's.

About the graphics, remember that these are also first-gen games (and Zelda is pretty much a GC game) for the Wii and would not be surprised to see improved graphics as more games come out.

So yeah, Red Steel... You want some exercise? Try fighting off guys with your sword. I built up a sweat and my heart rate!

I am getting sick off getting called a bastard and an A-Hole the entire time during game play.

hehe that games easy and its easy to play that. I lie in bed and play it. I think its as long as you pass the wiimote by the censor bar it registers it as swinging then the nunchuck is just sensing that its moving I think. I really dont see why people are breaking there arms and tiring out from playing these games. I played baseball first time threw it hard and fast and got 63 MPH. 2nd try I threw it slowly and got 93 MPH??? then backwords I got 96 MPH?!?!?! something is wrong there.

Hey everybody I have an intresting story from school today. I was out on the field and my friends and I were talking about video games, and I said it would be cool to have a Wii. Two count them two of my friends told me

that the Wii was stupid. One of them said it sucked and the other

said it sucked because it was from Japan. I really don't care where it comes from but all I know is that my friends must be crazy.

Hey everybody I have an intresting story from school today. I was out on the field and my friends and I were talking about video games, and I said it would be cool to have a Wii. Two count them two of my friends told me

said it sucked because it was from Japan. I really don't care where it comes from but all I know is that my friends must be crazy.

They're probally basing it on what their PS3 fanboy brother told them :-P.

Just ignore 'em. So far, I've loved every second of my Wii

We are going to wait to get the Wii, not because of the cost, it will be alot easier to pick up a Wii in a year, and they might start making diffrent colors by then

For now I suppose I will have to suffer with my 360

I doubt I will get a PS3, we own two TV's and both will have a next gen system attached, and thats enough for me

Hmm... isn't Sony Japanese also? So if they're Sony fanboys, rub that in their face.

My experience with other's thoughts about the Wii has been interesting. Most people seem to think it's really cool, however, there are a bunch of the violent game lovers who hate the idea of it. Whatever.

/\ yeah My local target had a couple nun-chucks last time I checked as well, no Wiis, Ive been checking every so often...

And yeah good point, Nintendo keeps pumping them out faster then PS3. Does this mean PS3 kinda missed the mark a little? Like if they had tons more then they actyally did on launch, do you think they woulda sold more then/now due to the exitement level then they will when they start actually pumping out more? If that makes sense?

Also a funny story... some EB had a line for Wiis on launch day (obviously). Yesterday at school this one guy was telling us about how his friend was 7th in that line of people waiting up ALL night. A guy who was near the back offered him $500 for his place in line, so he took it lol. Turns out, there was ONLY 6 WIIS!! The guy stayed up all night, paid $500 for a place in line,a nd just missed the damn thing by one person! Thats gotta suck!

-Allan "867-5309" Bray