TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Official Nintendo Wii Discussion Thread

The Wii is gonna be 2 times as powerful as the GameCube, which if you remember GC was more powerful than PS2. So if you look at it like this, the most popular, highest selling console of this Gen. was not the most powerful. So There is hope for the Wii, I'm not worried, I'm gonna get mine, not to mention it will probably be about $300. less than PS3!!

P All "can't wait to play with my Wii!!"

Two things to point out.

The revolution WILL be less than three hundred dollars. Nintendo has said themselves that it will be less expensive then the 360 ($299). I also believe every nintendo console has been priced at $200, but i may be wrong.

Also, while the system will be less poweful then the compatition, specs were never officially revealed and are rather pointless. Take, for example, the PS2. By numbers, it is more powerful then the Gamecube, but the Gamecube has superior visuals. The systems use different CPUs and GPUs; they all use their power differently, some more efficently then others.

On a side note, i really enjoy how nintendo is aiming to attract a broader range of customers, like women. I really can't wait to be able to have my girfried over so we can sit on the couch and play with my wii.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Searching Google video, I found this parody of the Nintendo Wii and thought it was a bit funny. It will probably get a laugh or 2.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-2451501724520612004&q=nintendo+wii&pl=true

Wee!!!

Oh yea, there's a bit of profanity at the end but nothing big. (Just the F-Bomb)

" I went up to this tough gangsta and he was like yo mutha f*#ka weeee!"

"Yo I saw a kid in a wheelchair, he was going over a hill really fast and he was like, weeeee!"

P All " Motherf*#ker Wii"

The revolution WILL be less than three hundred dollars. Nintendo has said themselves that it will be less expensive then the 360 ($299). I also believe every nintendo console has been priced at $200, but i may be wrong.

Nintendo said it'll be less than $200...

^ As far as i know, the only thing Nintendo has said officially was that it was going to be the least expensive console. They havn't commented further. That is, unless you can find proof...

Nintendo should call the controller the wii-mote, and the internet service Wii-fi Connection...

And the old nes games have to be called WiiNES games!

^ Ok

$249.89 at the lowest.

I'm not kidding, I really can't fathom the concept that the big N would release the next gen. system, for around the same price as their hand held (DS Lite)

But that's not to say they wont, the last 4 consoles did launch at $199.00. I just don't think it will happen with the Wii, but I have been known to be wrong every now and then we'll see.

We only have less than 6 months to find out

P All "C'mon Mario 128!!"

All the last consoles were pretty much on par with the competition when it came to CPU Power and so on. So the tech inside was pretty darn good!

Now in the Wii, the tech inside is actually pretty old and rather cheap. It IS pretty much a better gamecube. In fact it's the cheapest console Nintendo has manufactured so far...

I noticed that Nintendo doesn't own www.wii.com though. You'd think they'd have already bought the name from the owner already.

Registrant:

Willamette Industries, Inc.

3600 First Interstate Tower

Portland, OR 97201

US

Domain Name: WII.COM

Record expires on 10-Aug-2009

Record created on 11-Aug-1994

Database last updated on 01-Jul-2004

They can, however, market this to Americans if they try. Take advantage of our nasty minds with a tagline like "Play with your Wii....

nintendo has registered http://www.playwithyourwii.com

OMG! i SOOO called it... If thats actually Nintendo's site, that is.

As long as we're on the topic of Nintendo pulling our chain...

I realized, when searching registered trademarks, nintendo didn't seem to have the rights to Wii....

Im so confused!

^ That's not the site,

this is

http://revolution.nintendo.com/

They just have to put a Wii, in place of revolution.

I don't think Nintendo's pulling our chain, if they made up this whole story explaining the new name.

Wii sounds like 'we,' which emphasizes that the console is for everyone. Wii can easily be remembered by people around the world, no matter what language they speak. No confusion. No need to abbreviate. Just Wii."

Nintendo spells "Wii" with two "i"s to create an image of players gathering together to play. The spelling also is intended to invoke the controllers the Wii uses.

This is my favorite part :

After announcing the name, some initial criticism was received from English speaking countries because Wii sounds like the English word "wee" or the phrase "wee wee", common euphemisms for urine or penis respectively. However, "wee" can also denote a meaning of "small", and Wii is the smallest console of the seventh generation. It can also be considered a homonym of English words denoting the first-person plural pronoun ("we") and a noise made when having fun ("wheeeeee!"). In other languages, Wii sounds similar to "yes" in French (oui), "good" in Japanese (いい, ii?) and "top" in Korean. In german speaking countries the console's name will be pronounced "vee".

At least the slogan isn't : "It's good to touch your Wii"

P All "Although that's not bad"

holy crap. They managed to get a name that manages to mean alot in different countries... 'Top' in korean, 'Good' in japan, 'yes' in french, and 'penis' in Amercian. Good job NIntendo!

Really, the neame has grown on me and... i kinda like it now. I don't dislike the name, but its just very hard not making jokes about it!

What amazes me about the name is that they have managed to get LOTS of people talking about it. And like the name or not, there are now hundreds of thousands of people currently discussing the new Nintendo system that would normally NOT be talking about it had they not made the change.

Smart ploy? What do you think?

--Robb "The name still has not grown on my yet." Alvey

I now work in electronics, and I wonder how many people will ask me,

" How much are you selling your Wii for??"

" What do you get for a Wii??"

" Do you have any Wii in stock??"

" I'd like to buy a Wii"

" Can I take a look at the Wii??"

Oh you get the idea.

P All "is the plural for Wii : Wii, Wiis, or Wiies?"

I now work in electronics, and I wonder how many people will ask me,

" How much are you selling your Wii for??"

" What do you get for a Wii??"

" Do you have any Wii in stock??"

" I'd like to buy a Wii"

" Can I take a look at the Wii??"

Actually, I think it'll be referred to as "Nintendo Wii" by pretty much everyone.

^WIN! That made my birthday even better.

So anyways, I am still eager about E3 coming around. I seriously want to see screens of Smash Bros. Wii and whether or not Sonic & Tails will be in it. That and Nintendo better continue with their "Nintennuendo" campaign. Touching is Good? Great DS motto.

Come on Nintendo, do the "Play with your Wii" campaign!