TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Official Nintendo Wii Discussion Thread

As a lot of you know, the Nintendo Revoltuion will be fully revealed at E3 2006. however a lot of people think its going to suck because they think that the controller is only that remote piece, but here's the thing, it's NOT just a one piece controller, there is a port at the bottom of it where an attachment (OR JOYSTICK) will be attached, please people, don't think its going to suck, I'm not talking about the games here, its the controller that everybody is criticizing. You can go to en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nintendo_Revolution for more details and current rumors.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the Revolution looks promising. If Nintendo doesn't maintain it's third-party support, I think the system will die-off. Now, that's not to say that I'm not being optimistic about the system, as I LOVE what Nintendo has in mind with the motion-controlled aspect of the controller.

Now, we just got to see how they bring it all together.

See, that's what sold the Gamecube, IMO...SSB Melee. If Nintendo can dish out a Smash Brothers title and another first party game (Mario platformer, etc...), I think they'll be okay.

I mean, I still play SNES games and actually enjoy those more than the current generation console games. I'm a Nintendo whore and I'm proud!

Well, I'm not sure if I'll buy one until I hear everything and give it a try.

I think one of the cool aspects of the system is how you'll be able to buy old games online, from NES till Gamecube (?). Plus, we can play our Gamecube discs on the system. It'll be great to buy all those classic games and not have worry about blowing out the cartridge.

I'm hoping they decide to use regular size discs opposed to the mini discs. I think they are because the slot looked bigger than mini.

The Revolution will be my favorite next gen console, hands down. My only concern is the system's power, while truthfully i can careless if my graphics are in high def, graphics are often what people will base their opinions on....

but if the DS is any indaction on how this next generation console war will play out, then the future looks very bright for Nintendo. especially in japan where they embrace innovation. There the DS is outselling the PSP 3-1.

One more thing I have to point out is that they ARE making a regular controller for the revolution. The controller will have a slot that you slide the "remote" into. When you do that you have all the conventional buttons and analog sticks from a regular controller, but can still use the special features of the remote.

Mark "Nintendo Fanboy" W.

Out of the 3 "next gen" consoles, the only one I would even think about purchasing is the Revolution.

For me, I always prefer my video games to be on the fun side. I like to have fun when playing my games. I feel that a majority of the Ninotendo-produced games do this for me. Games like Smash bros., The WarioWare series, Mario Kart Series, and Animal Crossing all deliver in this sense. I wouldn't necessarily call myself a fan boy, but I did grow up on Nintendo (got the NES on my 9th b-day and have purchased all following systems, even have the um.... Virtual Boy, lol- purchased it for like 15 bucks back at the end of its short lives shelf-life) and can see myself continuing to purachse their systems. I love the DS and to me, the Revolution sounds like it'll be another fun system.

Another thing too, this system won't have the useless stuff. For example, The Nintendo Revolution isn't like the other systems, (PS3, and X-Box 360)I mean that I dont need a DVD player, (I already have 4 in the house and 1 in the car), I secondly do not need a system that plays my MP3s, (i already have two mp3 players), and I do not need a system that has Hi-Def Graphics, (whats the point?) So the systems lke the PS3 and the XBOX 360 cost way more. I dont want to be paying a sh** load of more of money to buy a system that has stuff that I DO NOT NEED. These systems are supposed to be for gaming, and for those of you who don't know, the PS3's manufacturing price is estimated to $800.

I don't know what's allowed to be said or not, but knowing someone who has gotten to use one, everything I've heard is that it's AMAZING!!!!

Gee, who is it that you know who's gotten to use it?

--Robb "The Controller really IS revolutionary, and that's all I'm allowed to say!" Alvey

I like how Nintendo Friendly this board is. That being said I can't wait for the Revolution. I hope that is the final name too. I am actually looking forward to playing FPS games again. The last FPS game I played and enjoyed was Call of Duty 2, before that I really couldn't tell you. Maybe Quake II? Also the gun games like Time Criss or house of the Dead and such could be really with a gun attachment or even just the controller. I think a ping-pong game or tennis games would be a blast. Next -Gen doesn't start until I get a Rev. The best thing about the 360 so far for me is that I can buy the controller and use it on my PC so I can finally finish Fable.

The Controller really IS revolutionary, and that's all I'm allowed to say!

Is there much of a learning curve though?

I can't wait for the Revolution! I'm busily saving up my money for it and getting Smash Bros. Revolution with it. Finally, Nintendo listens to the fans, online Smash Bros., f*** yeah!

I don't know what's allowed to be said or not, but knowing someone who has gotten to use one, everything I've heard is that it's AMAZING!!!!

Gee, who is it that you know who's gotten to use it?

--Robb "The Controller really IS revolutionary, and that's all I'm allowed to say!" Alvey

So out of all the next generation controllers, which would you say really represents the "next generation"?

When I first saw pics of the remote, I thought it was a little strange. But when I read what you can do with it and how you use it, I think Nintendo has got a winner on their hands if they bring out the right games!

Oh, don't they WILL bring out the right games, Super Smash Bros 3, Metroid Prime, Zelda, the classic nintendo titles, incuding a new Mario supposedly called "Mario 128".

When I first saw pics of the remote, I thought it was a little strange. But when I read what you can do with it and how you use it, I think Nintendo has got a winner on their hands if they bring out the right games!

Oh, don't they WILL bring out the right games, Super Smash Bros 3, Metroid Prime, Zelda, the classic nintendo titles, incuding a new Mario supposedly called "Mario 128".

Those games will be great, but the key to Revolution's survival will be third-party developers, something they have had trouble with since the N64.

Those games will be great, but the key to Revolution's survival will be third-party developers, something they have had trouble with since the N64.

Slacking...is there an echo in here???

Its been a couple days since I read the thread, forgot you posted that! But..... it goes to show that it is a major hurdle Nintendo has to deal with. Hopefully they can get a lot of developers to support the system. I loved the Gamecube, it just didn't get that many third-party exclusives (and then some of them like Monkey Ball, RE4, and Viewtiful Joe ended up on other systems)

Its been a couple days since I read the thread, forgot you posted that! But..... it goes to show that it is a major hurdle Nintendo has to deal with. Hopefully they can get a lot of developers to support the system. I loved the Gamecube, it just didn't get that many third-party exclusives (and then some of them like Monkey Ball, RE4, and Viewtiful Joe ended up on other systems)

Well, I'm glad someone else sees eye-to-eye about this issue. I'm just thankful as hell that one of my alltime faves on the Gamecube, "Eternal Darkness" never got ported to another console.

^Some of the game's insanity affects really got to me the first time they played out. Unfortunately, some people LOVE to spoil exactly what happens when they describe the game to others. While that doesn't ruin the game experience as a whole, it sure as hell ruins a unique aspect to the game.

Shigiuro Miymoto revealed somthing pretty damn exciting in a recent interview.

The Legend Of Zelda: Twilight Princess will be playable with the revolution controller if you play the game on the console. Awsome stuff!

Now they need to market LOZ:TP as a revolution title as much as they do a gamecube title, becuase thats the killer app the new console needs.

^THANK YOU!

Ugh, I keep telling people, "Don't be surprisde if Twilight Princess is gonna be magically deemed as a Revolution title." I mean, they already postpone the game several times (which is usually a good thing for a quality title), but if they'd sell it so late in the season, wouldn't that be cutting it close to Rev's supposed release date? Why sell a game for an older console, that you know would sell like crazy, when you could use it to sell your new console???