TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Elitch Gardens Discussion Thread

This will be great for the water park and the big crowds all summer. I like how it extends the ride time of a bowl slide, which is already awesome on its own but over too soon. It will be built next to Tube Top and is replacing one of the pavilions. A new water slide should hold over the water park for a few years so the rides side can get some more attention.

looks nice, hopefully go across the rest of the cf water parks

Elitch is not a Cedar Fair park. It was sold off along with Wild Waves, Darien Lake and a few waterparks by Six Flags in 06 and is now managed by one of the old Six Flags/Premier executives

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Is there anything you guys want to know. I work at EG and I'm higher up than most of the other employees.

Yeah, when are you guys going to add a new coaster?

The talk is 2017. Mega coaster with station where the Volare was behind Elitch arena.

Yeah, the weather must be incredibly difficult to work with and has to be hampering attendance and ridership as well. Pray it clears up!

Yeah the rain and snow isn't too much of an issue, but it seems we lose several hours a day with lightening closures.

Is there anything you guys want to know. I work at EG and I'm higher up than most of the other employees.

The talk is 2017. Mega coaster with station where the Volare was behind Elitch arena.

Any truth to the rumor about it replacing the VIP lot too? I was hoping that "major thrill ride" to go there would be next year. That would be the perfect spot for a Chance Hyper GT-X since the park could really use some good airtime.

Why was the edge removed?

Another park of ours needed a ride addition and slidezilla has some similar aspects so corporate decided to send edge away.

Darien Lake's 2016 project?

Any truth to the rumor about it replacing the VIP lot too? I was hoping that "major thrill ride" to go there would be next year. That would be the perfect spot for a Chance Hyper GT-X since the park could really use some good airtime.

Why was the edge removed?

Another park of ours needed a ride addition and slidezilla has some similar aspects so corporate decided to send edge away.

Darien Lake's 2016 project?

The talk was to send it down the eastern access road south and turn back by the bone yard.

As far as edge goes I don't know where it went.