1. 1. Best B&M Standup

• Iron Wolf
    • Vortex (PGA)
    • Vortex (Carowinds)
    • Mantis
    • Chang
    • Riddlers Revenge
    • GA Scorcher

Well with 356+ hits so far, obviously many people do not think its useless...look how many people are talking about these coasters and isnt that what you came here to do? I understand this is not a ABSOLUTE answer to the best. It is just something done for fun. and to compare these rides

JEFF

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well with 356+ hits so far, obviously many people do not think its useless...look how many people are talking about these coasters and isnt that what you came here to do? I understand this is not a ABSOLUTE answer to the best. It is just something done for fun. and to compare these rides

JEFF

Pretty much any thread can get 350+ hits

So why do a poll if you agree you can not get your answer in this manner?

Riddler's Revenge is not only the best stand-up but one of the best coasters in the world, period. The design would work no matter what trains were on there, but the stand-up trains add a pretty unique experience. To me, stand-ups are either hit-or-miss. 3 are great, 4 are terrible.

Pretty much any thread can get 350+ hits

So why do a poll if you agree you can not get your answer in this manner?

Why does no one understand?!??! geez..it is JUST FOR FUN and to get people to talk about the pros and cons of these rides...the poll is there for fun...just to see.

JEFF

people need to lighten up...I just try to post and have fun talking about coasters. I don't see why that is hard for people to understand....whatever, I think I have made my point many times over. People take things too seriously sometimes.....

But I see your point teddymonster

JEFF

No love for Vortex @ PGA?! With it's small, compact, extremely short and often-times painful layout?! c'mon! Haha! I thought that ride wa so damn cool when it opened with the tagline: "Vortex: Can you stand up to it?!"

In all seriousness, though - RR. Great pacing on the ride and I love that it goes over the queue / exit about a billion times throughout the ride.

I've ridden three myself:

-Riddler's Revenge

-Mantis

-Vortex at PGA

Riddler's Revenge is my favorite by a long shot. I like the theming, the Dive Loops/Incline Loop, and the green track!

Super "It's also the biggest and fastest of the ones I've ridden" Dasher

I've ridden all except the Vortexs, but let's be honest who really gives a crap about them....

I've said it many times before on TPR, but Georgia Scorcher is the only one I find to be an actually a really good ride, Riddler is Ok, but ehhh. It just didn't pack the punch that Scorcher did for me. Scorcher was great because it is small, fits in a small footprint, and only has 2 inversions to completely blow you away with and it did me. Riddler is just to big, and I beleive that is what its downfall is. It is just trying TO HARD to be exciting by being overly long, with big but utterly forgetable inversions and i thought it just lost a lot of energy after the MCBR...... Scorcher has the best pacing of all the standups and I would be willing to say that it has just as good of pacing as the Batmans and Wildfire.

And to close my semi rant: Chang was ok a lot like riddler for me, except not even as good. Mantis had potential but the trim on the first drop and the excessive headbanging killed it for me. And then Iron Wolf: Worst B&M EVER!!!

I rode riddler for the first time in early 2002, then rode it i nearly 2003 and in 2002 I thought it was pretty kick butt, but in 2003 I didn't think it was as much so for some reason. I'm not saying it is a bad ride cause I'm not, I'd give it a strong 7 out of 10 if not a an 8 out of 10, but I rode GA Scorcher and thought it was the epitame of what a coaster should be, very good, it doesn't rely on the height speed and the length to be good, it relys on the expert engineering to deliver a full forced near perfect ride because it is graceful yet forcefull, intense yet fun....

GA Scorcher is the Batman: The Ride's of the standing coasters.... It isn't the tallest, isn't the fastest but it packs so much into such a small area and all the elements hit you 1 2 3.

• 3 years later...
  • 2 months later...