• Chang
    • Riddlers Revenge
    • GA Scorcher

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Riddler's Revenge @ SFMM

Although I've only ever been on 2 standups (Vortex at PGA which is a real head slammer and this one), this one is a nice long ride and very smooth, no head banging. Plus I like the feeling of going through the inversions while standing.

I voted for Iron Wolf, gotta give some lovin' to B&Ms first. The layout is interesting, and the ride is somewhat fun, though I have gotten a few headbangingy rides on it.

Second favorite is GA Scorcher, everything from the location, the compactness, the straight drop, and that weird sideways hill. Plus its still smooth, I think.

I have only been on Riddler's Revenge, Mantis, and Le Cobre at La Ronde. Riddler's for me, though Stand Ups are far from my fave type of coaster. I thought the Intamin Stand Up at La Ronde was especially unimpressive. I wish they would turn Mantis into a floorless, and get rid of the trim on the first drop - Mantis the Revenge.

Yes another B&M poll

My Fav. is Chang

JEFF

Ah, yet another meaningless TPR "poll." I know it's a hopeless case, but...

I've only ridden 3 on the list. How do I know whether RR (my favorite of the 3) is "better" than Scorcher, which I haven't ridden? And the guy who only rode Mantis? It's not only his favorite B&M standup, it's his least favorite, too. Right?

I mean, I have nothing against discussing the pros and cons of various B&Ms but why this "poll" nonsense, anyway?

End of curmudgeonly rant...

Yes another B&M poll

My Fav. is Chang

JEFF

Ah, yet another meaningless TPR "poll." I know it's a hopeless case, but...

I've only ridden 3 on the list. How do I know whether RR (my favorite of the 3) is "better" than Scorcher, which I haven't ridden? And the guy who only rode Mantis? It's not only his favorite B&M standup, it's his least favorite, too. Right?

I mean, I have nothing against discussing the pros and cons of various B&Ms but why this "poll" nonsense, anyway?

End of curmudgeonly rant...

If it is meaningless you do not have to participate or respond

IT IS JUST FOR FUN!

I do not understand, if you do not like polls and think they are all meaningless why did you even bother reading it? your Curious?...right?

If I am sick and tired of people talking and speculating about Tatsu, I am not going to go in a Tatsu thread.

JEFF

Never rode Vortex but I hear it's rough for a B&M but I did ride Riddler's Revenge. I like the feeling that you gained an additional 300 pounds or so when going through the inversions...I even saw an empty waterbottle stay on the train the whole entire ride with the exception that it rolled back & forth on the first drop.

My stand up coaster experience is limited to Mantis and a Togo Death Machine. I suppose Mantis would be my favourite, but anything is better than the Togo standups. I'm intrigued to see if Batman gets installed at SFDL in the coming years, so I can get another look at a standup.

I picked the Riddler's Revenge to be my ride, because, well....its my ride.

But honestly, Riddler's has a sweeping layout, is aesthetically pleasing, and has that super-xtreme mind numbing, stomach-out-your-nose airtime hill.

-Jahan "dont forget the techno!" Makanvand

Riddler. Standup coasters suck, but as far as they go, RR has the best forces, and good pacing. And like arrowfanman said, it is aesthetically pleasing. The queue is the worst thing to happen to theme parks since someone came up with the idea of cloning lame shuttle loops and boomerangs, but the ride is still exhilerating.

Mantis, always been my favorite and will stay that way for a while. I love the colors, all it's inversions and it's twisted layout. I've been on all the B&M Stand-Ups.

This is my order:

1. Mantis

2. Riddler

3.Georgia Scorcher

4. Chang

5. Iron Wolf

6. Vortex (PGA)

7. Vortex (PC)

Mantis may not be the tallest or have the most inversions, but it was the first Bigscale B&M stand-up....I just love the ride.

I am pretty surprised at the response that riddler got. I was very unimpressed by it. I have been on them all except Vortex at PGA and I thought the inclined loop on Chang and Mantis was awesome and I am disapointed that B&M has not put them in anything else except the big standups. I though that riddler had a nice 1st drop and loop but after that it was slow, forceless and boring (except the hill before the MCBR but it paled in comparison to Mantis & Chang's)

My order

1. Chang

2. Mantis

3. GA Scorcher

4. Iron Wolf

5. Riddler

6. Vortex (PC)

JEFF

I've been on all but Vortex at PGA and I like Riddlers Revenge best and Georgia Scorcher next.

Again all Best/Favorite "this and that" polls are useless unless everybody responding his been on all coasters.

Therefore Mitch's Poll is the best source for the real answer