• Montu
    • Alpengeist
    • Great Bear
    • Top Gun (Carowinds)
    • Talon
    • Dueling Dragons (Fire or Ice)
    • Silver Bullet
    • Patriot

Nobody said you needed one to make a great inverted rollercoaster . I think it is extremely close between Alpie and Montu. The rest don't even compare. Busch knows how to make B&M's.

the rest dont compare...top burn is virtually montu minus the extra vertical loop and the mcbr lol...

I voted for top burn I like a short and sweet ride that packs a punch. Add the 2 tunnels and the interactiveness over the midway its a great coaster...

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess I just really enjoyed certain rides over others, so I'm sure my list (including the coasters I have ridden) will surprise a few of you.

1. Great Bear

2. Talon

3. Montu

4. Dueling Dragons (Fire)

5. Top Gun/Afterburner (Carowinds)

6. Dueling Dragons (Ice)

7. Batman (Six Flags over Georgia)

8. Alpengeist

9. Batman (Six Flags Great Adventure)

If have done some really great B&M Inverted coasters, but only a few of them are located in the USA.

B&M Inverted Worldwide:

1 - Nemesis (Alton Towers)

2 - Katun (Mirabilandia)

3 - Batman The Ride (SFMM)

4 - Black Mamba (Phantasialand)

5 - Top Gun/Flight Deck (PGA/CGA)

6 - Nemesis Inferno (Thorpe Park)

7 - Silver Bullet (KBF)

B&M Inverted USA:

1 - Batman The Ride (SFMM)

2 - Top Gun/Flight Deck (PGA/CGA)

3 - Silver Bullet (KBF)

In September I hope to ride Montu (BGA) and Dueling Dragons (IoA)

Montu was my first B&M coaster and I was fortunate enough to ride in 1996 before the mid course block brake was turned on.

I'd rank:

Montu

Fire Dragon

Raptor

Alpengist

Talon

Ice Dragon

Batman - SF etc.

Great Bear

My significant other is new to coasters and has only been Montu and Alpengist. He favors Montu over Alpengist as he got Montu he had tears of happiness coming out of his eyes and said "wow".

He's only been to King's Dominion, BGE, BGA, SWO, SFA, and SFGAdv and Montu is his number one overall coaster.

My significant other is new to coasters and has only been Montu and Alpengist. He favors Montu over Alpengist as he got Montu he had tears of happiness coming out of his eyes and said "wow".

I would very much like to ride Montu.

But I was way disappointed by Alpengeist (and Talon, for that matter), so who knows?

I've ridden 4 up to now:

Batman The Ride - Great Adventure

Montu - Busch Gardens Tampa

Dueling Dragons Fire - IOA

Dueling Dragons Ice - IOA

Will be riding Alpengeist in just over 3 weeks time, so this may change after that ride, but up to now, Montu is my favorite B&M Invert hands down...

Not trying to stir up trouble, but it's interesting how many people who put Montu in the top spot haven't ridden Afterburn.

I don't see how you are stirring up trouble... I haven't ridden Afterburn, therefore cannot compare it in my favorite inverts. I HAVE however ridden Montu, and of the inverts I've ridden, deem it as my favorite.. Perhaps I've misunderstood where you are coming from.. to me its a seemingly unfair statement you've made...

Not trying to stir up trouble, but it's interesting how many people who put Montu in the top spot haven't ridden Afterburn.

You are not stiring up trouble, but when people haven't ridden a rollercoaster yet, they can't put it on their list.

The same is for myself. I have only done the westcoast.

But next month (September) I am going to Florida to ride both Montu and Dueling Dragons.

And I am allready making plans for my 2010 holiday.

I think it will be a short trip (10 days), from Atlanta (Georgia) to Washington DC.

And I want to visit some of the major themeparks during this trip, like Six Flags Over Georgia, Dollywood, Carowinds, Freestyle Music Park, Busch Gardens Europe and Kings Dominion.

So I think after my 2010 trip I can compare Afterburn to some of the other inverted coasters

I don't see how you are stirring up trouble... I haven't ridden Afterburn, therefore cannot compare it in my favorite inverts. I HAVE however ridden Montu, and of the inverts I've ridden, deem it as my favorite.. Perhaps I've misunderstood where you are coming from.. to me its a seemingly unfair statement you've made...

"Stirring up trouble" by inadvertently suggesting that people who like Montu don't know any better, or are somehow "wrong."

But I have noticed that Afterburn does pretty well among most of those who've been on it, even though it only places middle of the vote. (Presumably, because not as many people have ridden it.)

Afterburn actually has a very similar layout to Montu, which might be why I find this idea so interesting. I even imagine that I would have liked Montu more if I hadn't already ridden Afterburn.

^^

After posting my last post, I did go and watch some video footage of Afterburn(TopGun) and you are correct in the similar layout to Montu, despite the opposite drop direction... the first 2/3's of the ride were nearly identical infact... nice looking ride overall (still enjoy the overall ambiance of Montu), but again, haven't ridden Afterburn as of yet... but I'm sure I will in my travels