TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

What is the scariest ride in the world?

I've found another ride that scared me quite a lot, Abosuletly Insaine at Fantasy Island in the UK. I know theres one of these in America, I think it's at Cedar Point or SFMM, I dunno! This though is 330ft, and there for is the tallest ride in Europe!( I don't know how tall the Tower of Terror is at DLP, but it does look a lot taller!) Apparantly Absolutely Insaine was going to be 400ft but it was found to be unsafe!

This info came from www.fimania.co.uk and this website also claim that it's maximum speed is 100mph! Which is wrong, thats the strange thing about these rides, they ain't that fast, S&S Space Shots are fast than these!

I was very nervous whilst I was in the seat waiting to go up, but as soon as we went up it was ok, until we went over the top of the poles, thats is the most I have ever shat myself, looking down at the poles, when they sway like metres either way nad then the seats chuck you forward! Gotta admit, it's a great view but I was very scared going higher than them poles! And after one of the ploles collapsed in America, I don't know if I'll be riding it again! But they are fun!

Fantasy island is An awsome park to look at, with a 150ft coaster, 170ft Inverted coaster, 200ft Space Shot, 220ft Ferris Wheel & 330ft Sling Shot!

Shame the park is let down by not having wristbands and bad staff, although during the summer it is open 11pm!! That doesn't really make up for pay system!!

INSAINE 4.bmp

View from Millenium Coaster, with Europe's Tallest Tradional Ferris Wheel!

INSAINE 3.bmp

More Weeeeeeeeeeeee

INSAINE 2.bmp

Weeeeeeeeeeee

INSAINE 1.bmp

Coming Down!

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Star Flyer at Prater Park in Vienna gets my vote! For those that do not know, it is a wave-swinger ride but some 200ft in the air. The phrase "A chain is only as strong as its weakest link" rushed through my brain. The drop tower, Apocalypse, at Drayton Manor Park (England) is a close second - the standing and tilted option, of course.

Simon Baynham

^^I would say that too. I swear hanging from little chains at over 150 feet kinda...well...scares me to death. I mean I'm even scared when I'm on the little ones, fearing the chain will go *SNAP*. I've always been scared of them since one toppled over at an amusement park by me, but they're still fun to ride!

What about Hurakan Condor at PortAventura?

I think it deserves the title for the scariest ride, at least in Europe!

It's almost twice the height of Apocalypse and the themeing of the tower surrounding the ride is amazing and offers a sensation of speed and height that is incredible!

In this last photo you can appreciat how freaking tall is this ride! It's 300 and twentysomething feet (inside the the themed tower there's still 80 feet of ride )

I love the Standup Floorless Tilting side... it's one of the most intense experiences I've ever had.

Im always a little nervous when riding an Intamin droptower. I just love the sensation of going faster and faster towards the ground.

S&S towers used to give me the same feeling, but after riding a few Intamin towers they seem more like fast observation rides (except the Spaceshot in Prater park which was awesome)

Hmmm rides that freak me out. Launching rides are pretty freakin scary. If they don't warn you and just randomly launch you, it scares the freakin crap out of you. Like on Xcelerator, when the train rolls back, I'm practically hypervenalating. Oh and something I would never ride is a Star Flyer. The idea of a Yo-Yo some 200 feet in the air scares me a lot.

---Brent

Its gotta be one of those rides that dangle you over the edge of the stratosphere. Freaky! What must have been even freakier than that is mounting it onto the side of the Stratosphere.

^^I would say that too. I swear hanging from little chains at over 150 feet kinda...well...scares me to death. I mean I'm even scared when I'm on the little ones, fearing the chain will go *SNAP*. I've always been scared of them since one toppled over at an amusement park by me, but they're still fun to ride!

Same here

I am such a weird person...I'll go on any kind of coaster, but I will not go anywhere near a ferris wheel (I'm scared of heights) or most dark rides (I absolutely freak out at the whole "Jump out and scare you" approach), or any of those flat rides where they stick you upside down...if it wasn't for my sister dragging me onto that Top Spin at Kennywood, I'd be avoiding those too.

DITTO once again, and i'm going to have to add any of the stratosphere rides