TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

What is the scariest ride in the world?

I will go on any ride but there's one ride at a certen park then when I know I'm going there I'll be weery just knowing that Im going to go on it, it's been labled as Britians scariest ride, and it deserves it! It's Apocalypse at Drayton Manor, the Stand-up Floorless part is by far the scariest!! and it helps that the seats are tilted 45degrees when you start moving up! The intensity when you drop is unreal, but I love even though I cack myself everytime I go on it!

This ride is closly followed by Oblivion at Alton Towers, properly because they are the same type of ride but you face the floor on Oblivion and everything about it is so eery, the queline music, the que line video's, how you creep up the lift hill, the eternity it takes to get round that bend, and then its just pure adrenaline!! and when you hit the brakes your buzzin like a beehive!!!

oblivion9.thumb.jpg.315769cda6152b5769a26c932064c678.jpg

Oblivion

apocalypse7.jpg.fa7461744e616a3367a19cdf48ebfe1d.jpg

Apocalypse

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really don't like Air after i had an experiance one time where I had a massive camera in my pocket which stopped the restraits clicking right in and I was rather loose (for this read dangling out of the ride). Not reallising just how lose I was untill the top I totally cacked my pants. This was followed by a massive asthma attack and my inhaler was nowhere to be seen because I lost it on Nemmy

Luckly I found another with an inhaler who helped me out.

How I laughed

Oh yeah I always have a slight 'loss of belief' on oblivion when hung over the edge. The 'Oh Cack' moment you see.

Its gotta be Vekoma's "Tilt Coaster"

I mean, I've never been on it to say for sure, but the number of times I've seen people on forums (Deep enthusiasts who claim to be fearless) saying they refuse to go on it when they would happily ride anything else in the world...

Insanity is a definate no for me just think of that like breaking down when I am dangling 1000 something feet OMG Isnt a ride but the one thing I would be freaked out about would be sky diving because I would be afraid my parachute wouldnt open, but I do like the feeling of falling so I dont no.

That Sky coaster looks mega!! I've only been a couple here in England, they weren't as big as 300ft but they weren't scary either, they were too much fun!Weeeeeeee all the way!!! Just out of interest, how much is it to go on that Sky Coaster in Florida?

When I rode I believe I paid about $40 US, but I had to ride alone. The more people that ride, the cheaper it is. It's definately an unmatched rush, but I can't believe I paid that much. Could've gotten into a real theme park for that much loot.

Old Town's 300' skycoaster in Kissimee Florida.

Serious? For me that was such a breeze! Personally, I thought it was kind of boring.

For me, the scariest ride would have to be Millennium Force. The drop scares the crap out of me! But the second time I went on it, it wasn't as scary, but I still had white knuckles!

I am such a weird person...I'll go on any kind of coaster, but I will not go anywhere near a ferris wheel (I'm scared of heights) or most dark rides (I absolutely freak out at the whole "Jump out and scare you" approach), or any of those flat rides where they stick you upside down...if it wasn't for my sister dragging me onto that Top Spin at Kennywood, I'd be avoiding those too.

I feel most nervous when on drop rides. Like someone else said, Oblivion is quite wickedly torturous. But, I particularly hated the Detonator at Thorpe Park. There is the audible countdown, then the obvious happens! Unfortunately I went on the ride when it first opened and there was no countdown. Legs dangling, high up, afraid of heights and too much time to think about the situation does not help! The g-force also takes your breath away. Fun though, in a strange sort of way!

Anything on Stratosphere Tower in Vegas gets my vote.

The anticipation was bad on the Sky Coaster at Old Town but the ride itself didn't really freak me, G Force at Old Town surprised me.

The crawl up the lift hill on Millenium Force especially on the lake side can be a little nerve racking.

Those walk throughs like Fortress Van Helsing at Universal Hollywood can be freeaky with people jumping out at you.