TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

What is the scariest ride in the world?

^ I went to Wiener Prater in August 2012 and let me tell you, Prater Turm is indeed terrifying. I find it to be an "extreme observation tower". You are nearly 400' up, dangling from tiny little chains, and the winds can turn your chair 180 degrees from facing the tower to facing directly away!

As for Black Mamba, I wouldn't consider it as scary as it is intense. Most of the flat rides at Prater are extremely intense because they either are intense by design (Black Mamba, Extasy, and the unique Tornado) or they are common flat rides (HUSS Top Spin and Breakdance) that run INSANE "never in America" programs, and furthermore their cycles are 5-6 minutes long!

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Zipper...'nuff said! While these are fun, they are also equally terrifying! I finally rode one this past summer. All that's holding you in is your fellow rider and a cotter pin...not to mention this whole ride is held together with cotter pins for quick assembly. It also made scary noises too.

Fun part of it was being oriented the right way as my cage went up and over the top...extreme airtime in a cage! You can also be inverted down at the bottom end of the oval and get extreme hangtime/headrush.

Water ride-wise, any kid of speed slide or anything that involves a drop capsule. The slide itself isn't scary, it's that initial "HOLY SH**!!!" moment the floor drops from under you!

Lastly...at the age of 5 or so, I was terrified by the Haunted Castle at SCBB...so terrified in fact that my parents who were waiting outside heard me screaming and crying inside! For a while, I was leery of any dark rides including SCBB's Cave Train.

For me it's a tie between Insanity at the top of the stratosphere in vegas... and the sky coaster at Old Town.

Insanity is the first ride to ever leave me shaking and almost in tears when it was over. I have never been so truly terrified in my life. Just the height was to much to deal with. (However sky jump Las Vegas is not bad at all!)

The Old Town sky coaster is just a mentally challenging ride. I always start having a mental freak up while they are dragging me up the tower. However the drop and ride it's self a render actually a lot of fun!!

^ I went to Wiener Prater in August 2012 and let me tell you, Prater Turm is indeed terrifying. I find it to be an "extreme observation tower". You are nearly 400' up, dangling from tiny little chains, and the winds can turn your chair 180 degrees from facing the tower to facing directly away!

As for Black Mamba, I wouldn't consider it as scary as it is intense. Most of the flat rides at Prater are extremely intense because they either are intense by design (Black Mamba, Extasy, and the unique Tornado) or they are common flat rides (HUSS Top Spin and Breakdance) that run INSANE "never in America" programs, and furthermore their cycles are 5-6 minutes long!

It's official then...I will only be an observer for Prater Turn!

That would absolutely horrify me if the chains & seats started turning towards the top of the tower. Definitely will ponder some of the other intense flats they have in addition to the boomerang with the lab bars!