TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Movieland Studios Discussion Thread

^The one I rode was stinger at Dorney Park and unlike the majority I really enjoyed it. It was forceful as I already mentioned and surprisingly I didn't get one bit of headbanging.

• 4 years later...

Kind of an unusual accident at this park...

http://www.ansa.it/english/news/2019/08/26/7-hurt-as-train-overturns-at-theme-park_aa0b22d8-86fb-4851-9411-aae400363997.html

(ANSA) - Verona, August 26 - Seven people were hurt, none seriously, when a train overturned in the Canevaworld theme park near Verona on Sunday. The accident happened in the Movieland area of the park.

07dd05ccfb83b38b7ea7a01359ed3f3a.jpg.13098fa1b4979753d50cbcc7514b8f7f.jpg

Here is what the attraction is supposed to look like...

• 4 months later...

According to the rumor mill, Movieland Studios might be building their own version of Disney's Mission: Space. If this is true, I feel like a trip to Italy is in order. I can't imagine how bonkers this thing will be if it's being made by the same people that gave us Magma 2.

^ Movieland Studios is a park that shouldn't exist, yet it does thanks to the wonders of Italian regulations, or lack thereof. Add it to your shortlist of parks to visit, throw in Gardaland while you're in the neighborhood, have a hell of a fun trip.

• 1 year later...
2 minutes ago, davidentrecarris said:

Oh, sorry hahahaha. I forgot the name of the ride editing the text. I was talking about U-571. 

Quite literally every seat on that ride is a guaranteed drowning simulator.  It's mental and I love it.

That being said, I was lucky enough to be sat directly beneath one of the valves where the water comes pouring in.  I basically took a five minute shower but the showerhead was a nonstop  bucket of water being dumped on me and those next to me.  I guess you can try to avoid those seats? There's really no point, though.

• Haha 1

• 1 year later...

A video from JackRev on Antares new opening, for an home made version of Mission Space looks like loads of fun, the video is in Italian but if you only want to see the POV, it starts from the min 1.49 

• Like 1

When I saw someone above post that it'll probably be a Gravitron in a box, I thought "nah, that's a silly idea".  After watching this and seeing that's exactly what it is, I have to say it's actually a brilliant idea.  That looks really well done and having visuals to go along with it (plus not being able to see anything above you) probably makes the experience less dizzying than a standard carnival version.  

I really need to get over there sometime. This park looks it would be right up my alley!  

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/12/2022 at 10:28 AM, BitterOldHag said:

I really need to get over there sometime. This park looks it would be right up my alley!  

Be sure to update your life insurance policy before visiting. I mean that in the best possible way, both this park and the waterpark next door are two of the most memorable places I've been,

• Like 2