TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Movieland Studios Discussion Thread

According to Screamscape, Six Flags St. Louis asked if guests would be interested in an Invertigo for one of their options, this screams Two Face. Other survey choices ware a Zac Spin and Mega Disko.

Two face was sold overseas almost immediately upon it's removal so if SFSTL wants an invertigo they'll have to purchase a new one.Two face was a fairly decent ride that only developed reliability issues by 2002/2003 as that was when it suffered the first incident that made national news when it stalled on the lift....had the park taken better care of it(or had the funding to do so) it might still be there but alas that's not the case.

What I'm suprised with is the fact that stinger is having so many problems lately since DP claims to have solved most of the problems that plauged the ride while at CGA.

Shapiro was the one who axed Two Face. The season Two Face was removed was actually the season Two face had just finished an extensive rehab during the off season and was actually in the best shape it had been since it opened. Shapiro axed the ride when it was in great shape. I think he intended on selling the park around that time. Also unfortunately, anytime two face broke down it would be exaggerated beyond belief by the news. The fact that it made national news really hurt its image. However, the unfair thing is, that Two Face Broke down like many rides do... however, SFA is just unfairly criticized. As you saw, CP had its windseeker cable issue... and the park is hardly given the same level of bashing...some rides are just plagued with issues... doesn't mean the maintenence men suck. Yes, park budget's do play a role! Knotts had the cable incident with Xcellerator where people were actually injured, Hell... Shockwave at KD has had people Die on it and its still not given a bad rap like Two Face... Same goes with Superman at SFNE. Lets not forget Demon at Great America getting stuck upside down...

According to Screamscape, Six Flags St. Louis asked if guests would be interested in an Invertigo for one of their options, this screams Two Face. Other survey choices ware a Zac Spin and Mega Disko.

Two face was sold overseas almost immediately upon it's removal so if SFSTL wants an invertigo they'll have to purchase a new one.Two face was a fairly decent ride that only developed reliability issues by 2002/2003 as that was when it suffered the first incident that made national news when it stalled on the lift....had the park taken better care of it(or had the funding to do so) it might still be there but alas that's not the case.

What I'm suprised with is the fact that stinger is having so many problems lately since DP claims to have solved most of the problems that plauged the ride while at CGA.

Shapiro was the one who axed Two Face. The season Two Face was removed was actually the season Two face had just finished an extensive rehab during the off season and was actually in the best shape it had been since it opened. Shapiro axed the ride when it was in great shape. I think he intended on selling the park around that time. Also unfortunately, anytime two face broke down it would be exaggerated beyond belief by the news. The fact that it made national news really hurt its image. However, the unfair thing is, that Two Face Broke down like many rides do... however, SFA is just unfairly criticized. As you saw, CP had its windseeker cable issue... and the park is hardly given the same level of bashing...some rides are just plagued with issues... doesn't mean the maintenence men suck. Yes, park budget's do play a role! Knotts had the cable incident with Xcellerator where people were actually injured, Hell... Shockwave at KD has had people Die on it and its still not given a bad rap like Two Face... Same goes with Superman at SFNE. Lets not forget Demon at Great America getting stuck upside down...

Yeah, I think the main reason the news surrounded Two-Face at SFA during the very last incident it had was because of the rider that used their cell-phone to call 9-1-1 when it was stuck. That pretty much got the news crew going at it. If it got rehabbed,I wish if Shapiro gave it one more chance to prove that it was a good ride. It's sad to see that such a unique coaster was lost because of something as simple as the over-exaggerating media, it wasn't even the malfunctions itself, it was with the media bullying Two-Face and SFA. Your right, I remember a girls feet were severed at former Six Flags Kentucky Kingdom on the Superman: Tower of Power from snapped cables, and that still ran until the closure of SFKK, but Two-Face is a "death trap" because it ripped a hydraulics line and caused "minor back and neck injuries". Thanks a lot media, thanks a lot Fox 5 news.

Your right, I remember a girls feet were severed at former Six Flags Kentucky Kingdom on the Superman: Tower of Power from snapped cables, and that still ran until the closure of SFKK,

I thought the ride never re-opened after that accident? I do know it was gone well before SFKK closed for good.

Your right, I remember a girls feet were severed at former Six Flags Kentucky Kingdom on the Superman: Tower of Power from snapped cables, and that still ran until the closure of SFKK,

I thought the ride never re-opened after that accident? I do know it was gone well before SFKK closed for good.

It was eventually demolished,but there are plenty of videos of it running after the accident and the video owners claim it was filmed after the accident.

Idk maybe, to me it was way more danger than a hydraulics line bursting

Your right' date=' I remember a girls feet were severed at former Six Flags Kentucky Kingdom on the Superman: Tower of Power from snapped cables, and that still ran until the closure of SFKK, [/quote']

It was eventually demolished,but there are plenty of videos of it running after the accident and the video owners claim it was filmed after the accident.

Idk maybe, to me it was way more danger than a hydraulics line bursting

Superman: Power of Tower never re-opened after the accident. How do I know that for certain? Because in November of 2007, months after the accident this article was posted of TPR and no one disputed the newspaper saying the ride never re-opened. And around these parts if the press incorrectly reports anything our nitpicky members jump all over the article.

• 1 month later...

I don't want to get farther of topic but I do know that Superman: Tower of Power at SFKK never reopened and was torn down during 2007 or during that following off season. I was not there in '08 or '09, and the park closed after the '09 season. Its spot at the front of the park was hidden from view by plants they put up, but with Google Earth you can still see the ride's footprint and queue area. It was never replaced.

And to my knowledge, Two Face was sold to a park in Brazil. Haven't heard anything at all recently though. SFOG's Deja Vu is for sure in Brazil, though!

Rumor has it that Mirabilandia (not the park in Italy, but it's knockoff in Brazil) bought Two Face, but never paid for it.

The fact is that Two Face never actually got to Brazil. The "legend" around Two Face is that while it was on it's way to Brazil, a park in Italy made an offer and since Mirabilandia Brazil had not paid yet, they decided to accept the offer and shifted it's way to Europe.

The reason why Mirabilandia was postponing the payment is not very clear, but my guess is that Deja Vu was put out for sale in the meanwhile.

Talking about Deja Vu, yes, it's in Brazil, in storage for 4 years now. Mirabilandia doesn't own the land where it stands, and the government wants to evict the park to expand a convention center nearby. They say they will not buid Deja Vu on that land due to the risk of ejection in the near future, but they also don't wanna move to another land. How dumb is it?

They "bought" two face first. They arranged everything, it was ready to ship (or had already been shiped) when something happened and they never paid for it.

My guess is that in this meanwhile Deja Vu was put out for sale and they decided to buy it's big sister instead.

Honestly, I was let down quite a bit when Invertigo was being relocated back east. Not because of the fact that I wouldn't be able to ride Invertigo anymore, but because of the fact that CGA had not gotten any love and yet another ride was removed from the park. Invertigo was a pretty fun ride but I'm sure there's plenty out there that could fit in that footprint that could blow Invertigo out of the water. I also felt Invertigo to be quite intense as I always would grey out going through the vertical loop and sometimes in the boomerang element. I however could not do Invertigo more than 3 times as it often left me feeling nauseous for quite a while.

I think owning a wheel that came off of Invertigo has definitely softened the blow of the coaster being removed, in combination of the park finally getting a nice, 'full-sized' coaster. Some of the GP people I know seemed to be quite amazed at the fact that I have a piece of coaster sitting in my room

• 2 months later...

I know this is kind of a random bump, but isn't this former Two Face pictured in this document?

http://www.mgrt.gov.si/fileadmin/mgrt.gov.si/pageuploads/turizem/Invest_in_Slovene_Tourism/prezentacije.pdf/Megalaxia.pdf

Nuff said that the park won't open (as it looks), but the main investor was to be Barbieri group from Italy, so there are possibilities that they could still own the ride. Maybe (more realistic) this was just a random coaster photo put up for advertising...

I haven't updated this thread in a while. I e-mailed Vekoma in the summer to see if they ahd any information on Two-Face,

and surprisingly, it's not scrapped, and going to a park in Italy. Here's what they sent me:

Hi *******!

You are correct, it has been dismantled and is on its way to a park in Italy.

At this moment no additional information can be released as the park will make the announcement when they are ready for it.

Thank you and best regards

Charlotte

Charlotte van Etten

Account Manager

I would guess that the parks close proximity to Washington DC also played a part in the amount of coverage it was given. I mean, you have just about every news group focused on the place, and it was probably a really slow news day.

-Gary T

I don't think so, Two-Face actually made CNN for being stuck, but that is a strong factor. I know someone who is from maintinence at SFA. She said it was mainly because of the # of accidents Two-Face had, not because of the media. She also told me they were originally intending on re-opening it for the 09' season, but changed their minds because she described it as the park's maintinence nightmare. She said that during the 07' season Two-Face had problem's with restraints, and had problems almost every day. She said the new "maintnence nightmare" is Batwing and Jokers Jinx. Whatever, I'm just glad Two-Face found a new home .

Still sad it's gone, it was actually one of the better rides in the park if you rode it with some friends I thought. Also still a shame to see that years later they still haven't done anything with the space it was in, even just extending the grass instead of letting it become overgrown and leaving the station building there to rot.

(Sidenote, ^I would've gone to Arundel if I didn't go to Annapolis for the IB Program! Small world.)

I don't think so, Two-Face actually made CNN for being stuck, but that is a strong factor. I know someone who is from maintinence at SFA. She said it was mainly because of the # of accidents Two-Face had, not because of the media. She also told me they were originally intending on re-opening it for the 09' season, but changed their minds because she described it as the park's maintinence nightmare. She said that during the 07' season Two-Face had problem's with restraints, and had problems almost every day. She said the new "maintnence nightmare" is Batwing and Jokers Jinx. Whatever, I'm just glad Two-Face found a new home .

Whats sad is I feel they let these rides become "maintnence nightmares". Quite honestly I loved riding both of them this summer, but I love the Vekoma flyer better htna then the B&M. But it doesn't seem to me KI has problems with firehawk. Also I don't beileve that KD or KI has problems with Flight of fear which is a similar spaghetti bowl. I just don't think SF likes to spend money to properly rehab the rides every season like they are supposed to, unlesss you are MM.

^^^I was warned about Batwing and Joker's Jinx before my visit, and sure enough, Joker's went down for a while before I got a chance to hit it. I would've been very disappointed if it hadn't opened back up before I had to leave.

Hope to hear more news about this Invertigo soon!

I know this is kind of a random bump, but isn't this former Two Face pictured in this document?

http://www.mgrt.gov.si/fileadmin/mgrt.gov.si/pageuploads/turizem/Invest_in_Slovene_Tourism/prezentacije.pdf/Megalaxia.pdf

Nuff said that the park won't open (as it looks), but the main investor was to be Barbieri group from Italy, so there are possibilities that they could still own the ride. Maybe (more realistic) this was just a random coaster photo put up for advertising...

That looks more like HangOver at Leisberg.