TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Official NCAA "March Madness" Thread

momo1tx

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, so I extremely underestimated the Spartans in the mascot bracket. They are obviously the "300" Spartans and can't be beat. I also think not knowing what the hell a Tar Heel is hurt the bracket as well. It appears they are some mythological creature that sounds tame but unleashes a fury that no one can contain.

So, my pick is going to the Tar Heels. The mythological creature will always defeat a Spartan. Spartans fear them as they have been created by the gods.

And playing 90 miles from your campus doesn't hurt either.

I keep laughing when I hear this statement. UNC already beat Michigan State at Ford Field this year on December 3 by 35 points, 98-63. This game is at Ford Field, so why is everyone still talking about the home court advantage?

If State pulls off the win, they will have to hit their shots, because UNC will.

I keep laughing when I hear this statement. UNC already beat Michigan State at Ford Field this year on December 3 by 35 points, 98-63. This game is at Ford Field, so why is everyone still talking about the home court advantage?

If State pulls off the win, they will have to hit their shots, because UNC will.

Carolina lost games this year too. You think they're concerned about those losses now? And why is everyone talking about home court advantage in this particular case? If you have to ask yourself that, then perhaps you don't understand sports very well. UNC could've beat them by 75 points earlier in the season, but that doesn't matter this evening.

Although, I do agree with your last comment.

Steve, I believe you're correct on the assumption of a Tar Heel being a mythological creature that defies conventional understanding. UNC for the win. I really can't sort it out.

^ Good athletes don't. But if you don't think that the home court helped them hang onto the lead against UConn, then, well.....I just don't know. I realize the fans don't play the game. But in a case like this, where a group of kids goes on a sick run through the top teams in the tournament to reach this point, a home crowd helps keep the adrenaline up at crucial times. Nothing more than that.

Yes, they still have to play their best to win, but NEVER underestimate a home crowd in this instance. Secretly, I'm willing to bet there's a *slight* concern in the minds of UNC's players. Do I still pick UNC to win? Of course. But I've seen enough over the years to not discredit a home team advantage.....especially in college sports.

They lost that game so bad because Sutton was out as well as a couple other guys. Its completely different now with Sutton on the court. Hansbrough won't have his way. Lawson is the key in this game.

Well one thing I learned from the mascot bracket is to do a little more research before filling it out. It could have worked.

First mistake - not realizing good always conquers evil in the tournament. My championship picks Demon Deacons and Blue Devils didn't make it past the sweet 16.

Second mistake - underestimating the Spartans. I knew the Spartans were tough, but didn't realize these are the same Spartans from 300.

Third mistake - not knowing what the hell a Tar Heel is. It must be some kind of mythological creature that unleashes an uncontrollable fury when on the court.

Things I learned:

1. Lions may be king of the jungle, but other felines rule the court. Wildcats and Tigers all made deep runs in the tourney.

2. Huskies are also dangerous on the court. The must have some wolf in them.

I think next year I'm gonna do a hottest cheerleader bracket. I better start doing research on that one. It needs to be very in depth.

I think next year I'm gonna do a hottest cheerleader bracket. I better start doing research on that one. It needs to be very in depth.

I would assume that this makes USC the prohibitive preseason favorites. I guess their coach did make a wise decision in not accepting the Arizona position.

I'm thinking the warmer weather schools may have an advantage on this one. Although, then again, larger schools have a bigger talent pool to draw from. So after USC, I guess it could be anyone's game. I'm looking forward to your research on this one.

Did the tournament this year seem boring to anybody else? I didn't watch any of the final 4 games, they just didn't interest me in the least.

I switched over to the game twice last night and once it was glaringly apparent that Michigan State was overmatched there was nothing to do. I was FAR more interested in watching the first games of the MLB season than the last game of the NCAA Tourney.

^ True, but what about Lindsey, Tianna, Shea, Michelle, Shelley, Rachel, Becky, Shannon, Morgan, Adrianna, and Erin? I mean, if any of them go pro, where does that leave the squad? Usually USC reloads, not rebuilds, but you never know.

Wow, I just realized I'm REALLY bored right now.

Are you sure those aren't the girls LL mentions in "Around the Way Girl?"

Did the tournament this year seem boring to anybody else? I didn't watch any of the final 4 games, they just didn't interest me in the least.

I lost interest once Syracuse lost to Oklahoma. Even if they would have won that game, the next game would have been North Carolina. Yea right.