TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Future hyper coasterage at SFoG musings...

The most glaring omission from oG's lineup is a large, lengthy (2:00+ ride time) coaster. It's clear that a hyper can satisfy both needs.

Everyone has heard the grumblings (especially if you frequent Screamscape) that 2006 could be the year. That said, and without getting into my sources, I'd like to know FROM THOSE OF YOU THAT HAVE BEEN TO SIX FLAGS OVER GEORGIA where, if it's in the cards, you would place it.

My PERSONAL desire would be for them to rip out the Batman Stunt Show, connect Gotham City to Lickskillet (where Deja Vu currently sits collecting dust) behind Thunder River. This effectively de-emphasizes how ridiculously steep the "Hill o' Doom" descending into Gotham City from USA is because you would allow people alternative ways into that area.

Then you've provided an excellent area to place your hyper coaster in an area of the park which is close to the lowest lying land in the park (apparently where GASM resides is THE lowest). You could take the track into, or flirt with the trees surrounding Thunder River.

All that to say this :

If you're GM of this park, and taking a look at this...

http://www.sixflags.com/parks/overgeorgia/pdf/map.pdf

Tell me where you would put the hyper. Again, I'm really only interested IF you have been to the park at least once so you can speak intelligently about topography.

Some other popular ideas or potential locations are :

Ripping out Ninja and placing the hyper over water (wishful thinking, but likely too expensive)

Making use of the lower terrain in the back of the park, but Collosus'izing GASM.

Putting the station in the middle of the park, necessitating the removal of the Parachute Drop (Great Gasp) and having the station start there, increasing traffic to the little used area in the middle.

By the way, Screamscapes last rumor involves removing Ninja for a custom Floorless, but for now, let's leave that out of the equation and talk hypers, ok?

Thoughts?

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually the last coaster came last year!

Well I think I qualify since I've been twice this year...I think it should start in the britain section and go around the back of the park. It would provide cool night rides and be another "hidden" coaster for the park. It would also add some life to that section of the park. I dont think a coaster should intertwine with GASM it wouldn't look as pretty to me!

Poor SFoG...I've heard the "insert year here" is the year for the hyper for at least the last 4 years. Even from so called "park insiders/ACE Reps". If it's a B&M Hyper, I really don't care where they put it. If it's a custom Intamin Hyper, I agree with Brian's suggestion of putting it in that rapids area leading towards Deja Crap. If they did it nicely they could even keep a lot of the trees and foliage and make it nice...although then the GP wouldn't be able to see it and ala BGW they'd have to take it out!

Elissa "Shouldn't they work on getting all their coasters running before adding more?" Alvey

Yeah, I think Homey G's idea is likely the most "workable". I can see a 190-200' lift hill and station taking the place of the Batman Arena, and have the coaster skim around and behind Deja Vu, do a turn around (helix maybe?) beside Ninja on the lake, then head back... That should easily make the ride last over 2 minutes, maybe even closer to 3.

And yes, ideally I'd like to see an Intamin like Expedition G-Force or a GCI like Thunderhead. It's time for a little something different down here. B&M's are nice and of great quality, but the park already has 3 of them.

I'd also take out the go-carts to accomodate the new coaster as well as return the old back gate in that area. A little of the parking lot may have to be eaten up, but creating a traffic path between Gotham City and Lickskillet would be doubly justified if used as access for the queue line to the new coaster and for the extra gate. Then again I'll say anything to justify a walk path fron Gotham to Lickskillet. It's sooo not fun to schlep a heavily occupied stroller or wheelchair up and down that steep walkway into Gotham. Can we say shin splints? Ouch...

I'm still willing to bet we won't see a new coaster next year at all though...

^^I think next year is gonna have a "storm" in the forecast with high winds heading straight for the "harbor"...

Elissa "Shouldn't they work on getting all their coasters running before adding more?" Alvey

Or better yet employees that can say more than "I dunno..." when you ask them when if its gonna be up and running.

As far as Intamin vs. B&M, here's my thoughts.

If it can be a RoS (SFNE version) or an EGF type coaster, then I clearly want that. A SFDL or SFA clone of RoS is not preferred over a B&M.

I've ridden all the stateside B&M hypers and all the Intamins other than Darien Lakes, and while I highly enjoy the Intamin Supermen, the 3rd hill is really the only noteworthy element.

Rankwise here ya go :

SFNE RoS

Apollo's Chariot

Raging Bull (minus that annoying trim on the 3rd hill)

SFA RoS

Nitro

Yeah but I'd rather get the dud of the Intamin Hyper family (Thunder Dolphin), than the dud of the B&M Hyper family (Silver Star)...when we're talking about Six Flags we have to prepare for worst case scenario!

Elissa "I don't trust those park!" Alvey

• 7 months later...