TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

New Coasters in '07

Aloha, while some rumors are still "flying" around about new rides/coasters in '07 let me add some fuel to the fire and can make comments as needed...lol

Here are some of my projections based on having experience at Both BGW and BGT and knowing some engineers in the coaster industry.

1. CP- a record-breaking B&M flyer (possibly duel)....remember Mr. Kinzel is retiring and he wants to place his mark on history (started w/ Magnum and end with record breaker). Not much in terms of speed/height except perhaps the 1st Hyper-Flyer(s); Maverick was a trade-name recently applied for, so a jet-fighter type theme perhaps? (hmmm wonder what Paramount would think about that?)

2. Here is an odd rumor that one could ponder upon....there was a possible link between BGW and SS/Arrow to add a 4D coaster to the New France section (lift about 185 ft and using terrain of course in standard BG style), but my bet is on a new concept from B&M on another US-version Dive Machine...205ft tall with 2 (possibly 3 inversions)-Immelmen/Dive loop/Verticle Loop-corkscrew. Remember that the B&M agreement between them and Busch is NOT to have another Dive coaster for 5 yrs...(fairly long time I would say), but Both Busch parks had similar situations with Aplengeist and Montu...(I would love/wish they build a woodie for sure).

3. Future expansion (old Drachen-Fire area) on another country and a new coaster concept....either B&M or Intamin or S&S (remember the old Pipeline-concept?) look for new track/train technology to perhaps bring this back.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm thinking in 2007 we'll have the new BGW coaster, CPs Flyer, a few relocated SFAW coasters, another Euro-fighter, maybe a booster bike, and the already announced stuff hitting Spain, Florida, and Japan. 2007 is shaping up to be a great year for coasters, and the 2006 season hasn't even fully started yet!

I would personally like to see the Height record beaton by a traditional coaster with a normal lift hill!No launched rubbish( I do like them but I'd like to see a proper coaster brak some records(Speed, Height)), Like Millenium Force, but much bigger!!!

The technology of coasters is getting way out of control, I don't think theres anything wrong with a good old traditional coaster!

Also I'd like to see a real ten "looping" coaster, not just a load of in-line spirals. Like 5 vertical loops, cobra roll, large Zero-G roll and a double corkscrew!!!! I know its going to have to be a big coaster to pick up the momentum to get round all them loops but so what!

But then all this is coming form the mouth of an entusiast, I'm guessing normal people want to see the best technology, but I realy don't care!!!

If the Japan 4D is uber succesfull I would imagine that we will see one in 07/08 in the USA.

CP are likely to get a big flyer/4D/B&M new concept.

Kumba9 I really can't see Busch installing anything other than a B&M, it would seem thier is a firm watertight contract between the two companies. At BGW they will surely put in a dive machine.

Oh I love the rumors...

The Crush coaster at Disney Studios Paris looks like it's going to be themed nicely! Between this and Tower Of Terror that park is just going to be fantastic in the years to come.

Now if only they'd add something to the US Disney Studios.

I'm always keeping my hopes up for a theme park in Nashville to replace Opryland. That's what I really want to happen in 2007! It's probably very unlikely, though. Oh well, at least when I'm at college (in 2007!) I will probably be 18 minutes away from SFOG

A new coaster at Michigans Adventure would be awsome. They haven't gotten a new coaster since Shivering Timbers, in 1998, i think. Theres a rumor on Screamscape that a Gerstlauer 95* drop coaster might come, but thats not until 08 or 09 maybe.

I want to see a new rollercoaster at Knott's Berry Farm because sometimes it gets very crowded and I think they can at least add another rollercoaster for the 2007 season. They have an Intamin Rocket coaster, woodie, Vekoma Boomerang, Shwarzkopf shuttle loop, B&M Inverted, and the very sucky Jaguar. I think they can at least add more flat rides but I really want them to add like a megacoaster. Nothing there is very special except for Ghostrider. I really think its time to put soemthing HUGE in.

Nothing there is really special? I'm not really going to take you too serious since you're 14. Not to mention your horrible taste in images when it comes to avatars.

Silver Bullet is the longest, tallest, and fastest inverted coaster in the West. I don't see how you don't think this thing isn't "special," it's incredible.

and Xcelerator, yeah... being the first coaster of it's kind surely wouldn't make that anything that could be considered "special" too, right? Please...

Aloha,

Earlier today I spoke with an executive at BEC-St Louis and we had quite a chat (good ol days when we both worked at BGW/BGT). I will be planning on visiting the park this summer to finalize deal on job offer with BGW (and possibly BGT as well). I can only add to the rumor-mill fire that a new Dive Machine (B&M) will occupy the New France location in 2007. He/She remains confidential of course out of respect for their job...lol There was even a discussion (among management) about the new S&S 4-D coaster!!! Although I am not inclined to take the latter, I have a new found idea that CP may indeed get a 4D coaster INSTEAD of the Hyper (dueling?) flyer(s). Another way to track this rumor is that there was a person that lives in Ohio close Clermont Steel Fabricators and possibly can be looking at the lot for new track arriving (outside the factory) possibly by mid/end of summer. Although I could not "squeeze" any more information out of him/her, I can be pretty positive a DM will go into the BGW property in '07 (still hoping perhaps a flyer would be quite awesome with the terrain). Look for an announcement perhaps mid-summer (if similar to the Drachen Fire and AP, and Alp. announcements). Exciting news indeed and hope we are ALL in for a nice surprise next season.