TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Strongest/Most forcefull Launch

Here's all of the LIM/LSM launched coasters I have been on:

Rock n Roller coaster at MGM

Wicked Twister

Steel Venom (while it was at GL)

Revenge of the Mummy (USF)

Maverick

For me Rock n Roller Coaster is probably the most intense but I have also had some very intense launches on Maverick. It all really depends on how much you slow down in the tunnel before you launch. Sometimes you'll hardly slow down at all and sometimes the train almost stops. The first time I rode it it really caught me off guard with it's intensity, even though I was expecting it. On a good run, it's probably about a 5 to 70mph launch in around 1.5 seconds by my estimate.

Other non LIM/LSM coasters I have been on are:

Hulk

TTD

Viper (back in the day at SFoG)

And I'd have to say TTD's is my favorite and most intense launch.

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Out of..

Batman the Chiller

Robin the Chiller

California Screamin'

Revenge of the Mummy

Revenge of the Mummy

Rock n’ Roller Coaster

Speed

Wicked Twister

I would have to say..

Strongest- Speed

Most Comfortable (LAUNCH ONLY)- Batman Chiller

Best out of all- Speed

For RnRC, LSMs power the launch sled, which has it's own neat magnetic brake system at the end, and returns back to launch position nearly as quickly as it pushes the train forward.

There isn't a launch sled on any LIM/LSM launched coasters. There are magnets on the bottom of the train that recieve the magnetic force. When a mag passes over/thru a set of Electromagnets, the power up, pulling the magnet (and train) forward. As the magnet passes over the electromagnet, it switches polarity and instead pushes it forward and resets for the next magnet (i.e. the next car on the train) and it's all controlled by sensors. And this is all done in the blink of an eye!

Nope, the magnets are on the catch car, the track mounted magnets propell the catch car which is attached to the train. Thus pulling it forward & yadda yadda. Take it from the vekoma fan.

I have been on:

Flight of Fear (PKD)

Volcano (PKD)

Joker's Jinx

The Chiller (Robin)

Rockin' Roller Coaster

I would have to say that I have to think hard on this because for some reason I feel that Rockin' Roller Coaster was very fast (but again the dark adds to that feeling and it get intense on the entrance into the first inversion). Then I remember the chiller just shoots out like a bat our of hell and you are just forced in your seat. However Volcano Feels the same as The Chillers Launch very sudden and you are just driven into your seat but then the 2nd launch catches you by surprise and you are literally smashed into the seat. So the most intense LIM launch goes to my lovely Volcano: TBC!!!

I have been on:

The Mummy in Orlando

The Hulk

The Viper at SFOG

Vertical Velocity at SFDK

I am a little confused as to the types of launches. Are the LIM launches the ones that launch using the small wheels? If they are, then I would have to say Vertical Velocity. The launches were intense every time through the station. I will have to say that every launch coaster I have been on is intense because you never really know when to expect it unless they give you some kind of warning.

It's a tie between Volcano and Flight of Fear.

F.O.F. is great because you have just a lapbar, and you're going into the dark.

However, Volcano comes out of nowhere, and speeds up even faster before going up the volcano.

They are both great, and hard to choose one.

Other great ones are Maverick and Italian Job.

• 8 months later...

^Nope, hydraulic.

Maverick is LSM not LIM.

That's pretty much the same thing, chief. Both consist of magnets.

Anyway, I'd say the strongest I've felt is probably Maverick or Mr. Freeze. It's hard to say. I need a Maverick refresher.

When I rode Kinda Ka, I actually felt my eyeballs compress. Forcefully, impressive, but it was just not a lot of fun to me. But that was the most positive force I think I have felt on a ride. Enjoyable, NO!

The most enjoyable force would have to be the tummy tickling launch of Stormrunner at Hersheypark. It did something to my tummy every time.

The old Anton shuttles are really the best. The 1979/1980 models use the flywhell/motor/clutch and have a faster acceleration, but the older models give you the 9.81 m/s^2 tummy tickle! I'm sure someone can make more sense of this than me, but the old coasters are just more fun!

Restricting it to purely LIM's as per the topic I would have to say Chiller is the most intense launch I have been on, none of the other LIM's I have been on have been that intense - Superman the Escape, Tower of Terror, V2, Wicked Twister, and Flight of Fear.

If I was including LSM's, then the second launch on Maverick would get my vote.

Out of anything launched Dragster (over KK), though I haven't been Dodonpa.

Restricting it to purely LIM's as per the topic I would have to say Chiller is the most intense launch I have been on, none of the other LIM's I have been on have been that intense - Superman the Escape, Tower of Terror, V2, Wicked Twister, and Flight of Fear.

If I was including LSM's, then the second launch on Maverick would get my vote.

Out of anything launched Dragster (over KK), though I haven't been Dodonpa.

Really?? I found Chiller (Robin only) to be one of the best steel coasters anywhere, around 2005 after the shoulder bars were removed. It was the only thing that kept me in that park more than an hour (I didn't even get out of my seat for like 15 rides!)

That inline/out of line twist was rough but the creme de la creme with only a lap bar! I left the park in the early afternoon (as usual) but damn, I'm sad they too out such a superb ride! I gotta stop watching Dracula movies! It was truly a great coaster ride!

I've been on:

California Screamin'

Revenge of the Mummy (Florida)

Joker's Jinx

Vertical Velocity / Steel Venom

Wicked Twister

Mr. Freeze

I would say that Joker's Jinx was the weakest, and Vertical Velocity is the strongest.

It thought this was funny: http://www.mgmdizzeeworld.com/

I was looking at Rock N Roller Coaster seeing whether it was LIM's or LSM's. It's LSM's.

For LSM's, I did:

Rock N Roller Coaster

Superman the Escape

Maverick

I would say Maverick is the strongest while Superman is the weakest.

If we're talking strictly LIM's, I'm gonna have to go with Speed at the Nascar Cafe. I really think this is one of the more unridden, underated rides just because its at Las Vegas.

Now I haven't ridden Maverick yet, but I have seen POV's. I'm sure being in the dark and having the lights fly by really make the launch more intense than it really is, kinda along the effects of why Space Mountain feels like it does.

If we're speaking a launch in general I'm gonna have to side with the hydraulic launch coasters, because besides the air launch by S&S, I really don't think any other launches compare.

With magnetic launches I'd go with Maverick or any of the Premier launch coasters. Suprisingly, I really liked Superman; The Escape. It was somewhat windy and it was dark out, so that probably added to the experience, but I thought that the launch was fairly intense.

I've been on:

-IJST

-Flight of Fear

-Wicked Twister

-Maverick

-Aerosmith Coaster

-Tower of Terror

From strongest to weakest:

-Maverick

-ToT

-FoF

-Aerosmith

-Wicked Twister

-IJST

I think you can only reach a certain point of a strong G during the launch because you need a long straight away to reach a certain speed ex:

-ToT reaches 100mph because it's got a looonnngggg straight away

-IJST has a very short launch track, and only goes 40mph.

But crap, that IJST helix is awesome!

-J "TTD Launch " Z