TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Strongest/Most forcefull Launch

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's easier for me to judge overall rides than launch sections. Plus there are variables to consider such as where I sat, etc. But being naughty and considering all launches, I'd have to go with Maverick. It's too intense for me in the front seat. Also, I tend to like the fastest launches, even if the coaster (or the launch itself) is considered weak. So I was impressed with TTD, KK, and even S:TE.

Well I'd have to say the least forceful LIM 'launch' is Mavericks first hill at CP. I don't even know why they consider it a launch; sure it has the launch system on it but it goes quite slow for a so-called launch and it even slows down as you approach the top.

That slowing is actually gravity and friction doing its thing. They don't send you up and over the top with the LIMs, instead they "launch" you up the hill and the slowing is natural as you crest the top.

That slowing is actually gravity and friction doing its thing. They don't send you up and over the top with the LIMs, instead they "launch" you up the hill and the slowing is natural as you crest the top.

Well that makes sense since I don't think anyone would want to be 'thrown' over the top causing way too many g-forces. And still, I don't really think it's an actual "launch" because of how slow it goes up the hill (before slowing down for the crest of the hill).

• 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Stormrunner's launch is an absolute punch in the face. It only goes from 0-72mph in 2 seconds, but when you actually ride it, It seems like you're going from 0-85mph!

Flight of Fear has a bit of a kick to it, but it seems more like you're accellerating in a fast car than being shot like a bullet from a gun like Stormrunner.

Volcano's launch is pretty strong, can't say it disappoints. Now, I was about six or seven when I went on the Rock N' Roller Coaster it's opening year so I don't have a lot of memory from it, but I can recall that ride having a pretty forceful launch. I have the on ride photo somewhere, and the look on my face showed lol. Also while Cheetah Hunt's launches may not be the most forceful, they are still worth mentioning. Great ride!

1. Kingda Ka

2. TTD

3. Storm Runner

Hydraulic launches rule!!

I bet Hypersonic SLC's launch was even better. Too bad I missed it. I'll have to take a Japan trip some day and try out Dodonpa.

Edited by DanM64

Dodonpa.

Fuji-Q Highland Park, Japan.

I felt like my eyeballs were being

pulled out (or pushed into - I forget)

of their sockets, last time I rode it.

Mr. Freeze: Reverse Blast (SFOT/SFStL)

I'm unsure if it is, in fact, more powerful, now that the trains have been reversed. The physics/aerodynamics would make sense, seeing as the rear of the train provides much more wind resistance. 0-70 in 2 seconds.

Powder Keg (SDC)

I'm still blown away every time I ride Powder Keg. There is a completely different feel to the compressed air launches that is simply wild! 0-50 in 1.5 seconds.

Strongest I've done was Xcelerator...such an amazing launch! It actually left me with the butterfly-in-stomach feeling/left my stomach back at the station. I could also feel my face getting g-force-ified (stretched/distorted). I was a little nervous sitting in the front though...thankfully the Intamin cable gods were being nice.