TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Pictures of "Cobra" at Paulton's Park in UK

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This weekend Cobra the Gerstlauer Bobsled at Paultons Park had a soft opening before it’s officially open next Saturday (18th). Going what the person had put they slowed the lift hill so it not too intense for smaller kids riding. Not rode any of the others yet (hopefully this year), just hope it doesn’t take to much of the airtime towards the end. Guess I find out next Saturday.

Link below with some nice interesting Cobra pic's

http://porsmond.bravepages.com/Paultons/Paultons3/Cobra.html

Ready for the The Helix of death

Thank for the photo's "Inferno Insane", very nice:

I'm going to ask the operators if they can put the "lift Hill" at full speed when I ride it next weekend.

I wanna get some on those hills.

I'll post some of my pic's next week and send the park a letter to say "thank you for having this coaster design as it is one of my fav layouts".

I can't say I'd ever heard of this park either until this thread! The layout looks fun - how similar is it in layout to the super-crazy-looking Heiße Fahrt? It seems to have many of the same elements from the pictures - i.e. helix of death and mad bunny hills. The 'running the lifthill at a slower speed to make it more family friendly' whole thing sounds like a bit of a let-down though.

Their website seems a bit vague as to their location - does anyone know whether you can get to the park easily by train?

Robin

I went to paultons when I was 9 what is it like now? I think I remember going on bumper-boats of something

Is it still just a small-time park?

It’s your normal family leisure park, still the same with the odd new ride with birds/Meerkats and the Land of the Dinosaurs dotted everywhere the park, downside no more petrol powered bumper-boats (which rocked)

Here are some photos I took when I last visited in April last year.

http://nemesisbloodzone.fotopic.net/c517576.html

I won a competition to ride Cobra before its official opening on 18th March, so on Wednesday morning we ventured to an empty Paultons Park, it was quite surreal walking through the park with everything closed, and this roller coaster running just for ourselves

The park is beautiful there’s some exceptional landscaping, a great collection of wildlife and although the rides aren’t themed everything is really tidy and smartly presented and very spaced out, I’m sure even when the park is busy in the summer it must feel very relaxing to visit

Photos from the day

Cobra is a fantastic family coaster, I’m not sure if the lift had been slowed, we were at the top fairly quickly, the first swooping drop is amazing, and the wild mouse style hairpins that follow are very smooth, all the transition on this ride are done very gracefully and gently which make it perfect for the family audience, it’s just a lot of fun with no hype, intimidation or fuss

• 2 weeks later...

Wahey, ERS on Cobra last saturday with CF, and its bloody excellent! Its so smooth its unbelievable, and its just a great mix between the positive G of the helices, the negative of the airtime hills and the laterals through the wild mouse turns! It was probably more fun overall than Stealth was the day after. Such a superb ride for little Paultons Park. We need more of these little fellas around the world.