TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Coaster Motion

Sometimes after a theme park visit, I can still feel the motion of rides when my body is stationary. For example, even though you're lying or sitting still, your bed or chair can sometimes feel like Riddler's Revenge or Goliath.

It should be noted that I used to feel this a lot when I first started riding coasters, but now I don't really feel it anymore unless I ride 10 or more coasters in one visit (Cedar Point and SFMM are the main ones that I still feel). Certain B&M Inverts will occasionally do it. I think it must have something to do with getting used to coaster riding.

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Indeed, it is great.

When I came back from Walibi Belgium and I was in my bed, I still could feel the launch of the Schwarzkopf shuttle and the drop of the boomerang coaster.

The same with Rnrc in Paris.

But I have it not with all the coasters, and most of the time it happens only after a intens park trip.

These are the first signs or a very serious mental illness!

I strongly suggest you go to your local doctor as soon as possible and explain the symptoms to him in explicit detail. Leave out no information. he needs to know exactly what company made the rides you have this emotional connection with, and which seat you were riding in.

Go.

Now!

Before you are rendered incapable of ever riding coasters again!

Yes, I get that too sometimes. Although usually it's just me trying to imagine it

I usually get home with a Vekoma Ache. As I fall asleep, I still here the 'kerchunck sounds' of Boomerang, riders screaming, and crowds talking. Every once in a while in my dreams, I will either be in a car or on a coaster coming over a hill. I will actually lift off the seat pressed against the restraint/seatbelt and actually feel the tickle in the stomach thing...then I realize it was only a dream.

it's not just coasters, also waterslides wave pools etc.

is just the balance organ of your body trying to get the balance back which has be disrupted over the past day,

your mind thinks you are moving because the balance organ is moving and the mind recall a memory of motion from the past day

It's similar to getting of a spinning ride or getting off a ship after rocking a while at sea. A related sensation is the tendency to drive to fast on 'surface' roads after extended periods of highway driving. That one is referred to as velocitation, which I always thought would make a great name for a ride!

I have not had a dream about coasters, but I do miss them when the season comes to a close each year.

I get depressed and can't wait till the parks open again, after i have been on a coaster I feel good for the rest of the day.

The only bad thing which has happened to me while riding "MF" at Cedar Point, I became "dizzy" when going over the 2nd hill, (Anyone else had this feeling) and had to shake my head to get my eyes back in focus.

I know exactly what the original post is about. Two examples come to mind. First is the way I felt after some of the old Stark Raven Mad events. After a few triple rides on the Raven at the end of the night and then driving to my motel, I felt like I was still riding the coaster when driving and then later just laying in bed. It's almost like slight alcohol impairment. The second was after a few Timbers Fest events where I had repeat rides or just many rides one after the other. I felt like I was still floating driving back to the motel and later just laying in bed.