TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Theme Park Review's 3rd Annual Coaster Video Contest!

THE DEADLINE HAS BEEN EXTENDED!!!

That's right! You've heard correctly! If you are working on a video

for Theme Park Review's 3rd Annual Coaster Video Contest

you now have an extra TWO WEEKS to finish your video!

All submissions MUST be postmarked by April 14th, 2006!

What is the coaster video contest you ask? It's only the BEST way

to get your roller coaster or theme park video seen by thousands of

people and try for 1st place in the most popular coaster video

contest ever!

But remember, the contest is mainly about "fun" and having the

opportunity to share your video creations with others.

For more information about Theme Park Review's 3rd Annual

Coaster Video Contest, and for the rules, please click:

http://www.themeparkreview.com/contest2006/contest2006.htm

We look forward to receiving your video entries!

--Robb Alvey

www.themeparkreview.com

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im Scared!

My video has been sent and everthing on a Mini DV tape. But the quality i used was not the best. I mean, it will be fine when it is compressed for download but im not sure about it going on a DVD. And since the DVD will not be published for almost half a year....is there anything I can do? Like is there a way to participate in the contest by having it for download, but not for the DVD?

What else should I do?

Is there any way I can find out if my video made it to you guys? Just wondering, because my compy crashed and if you didnt get it you I wouldent be able to send out another copy!

Colin C

Your video has made it!

--Robb

As long as you send it by Friday (that's what postmarked means... when you go to the post office and they stamp it, that's the post mark), you'll be alright.

Anyway, I sent my DVD in today, so hopefully it arrives without incident. Never got around to my "Theme Park Vids for Dummies" vid I was planning, so that'll have to be next year.

REMINDER! Tomorrow is the LAST DAY to ship out your video contest entry! All videos must be postmarked by April 14th, 2006!

All entries that make the cut will start going online sometime around May 1st.

--Robb

As long as you send it by Friday (that's what postmarked means... when you go to the post office and they stamp it, that's the post mark), you'll be alright.

It's normally good to ask them to postpark when you drop it off. That way they stamp it right then in front of you, instead of whenever they send it(which might not be right away).

Are your post offices even open tomorow? I'm pretty sure the post offices here will be closed for good friday.

I'm wrapping up my videos now. I've got donkeys, escalators (sort of), Robb eating, spinning rides, Vekoma rides (lots of them), fire, old school music, sharks, a handful of towers, and Robb paying $2.75 for a Coke. All of this while my video camera was broken.

Hey everyone!

We're going through all the contest entries now....looks like we have about 100 videos to watch!

I'll be sending out an email soon to everyone we recieved entries from to let you know you recieved it and good luck in the contest!

Hopefully we'll have the first round of videos up in the next week.

--Robb

• 2 weeks later...

Hey everyone!!!

It's that time!

The first 5 contest finalist videos have been POSTED!!!!

This year the competition is a little tougher. We received more entries than ever before and I'll be honest, we were a little 'harder' with judging this time around.

With the addition of the Professional Amateur Videographer forum there have been a LOT of great videos posted and we felt that ONLY the 'cream of the crop' deserved to be in the final running.

Out of nearly 100 videos we narrowed it down to 25 finalists. Starting today we will be posting 5 videos a week for the next 5 weeks. And for the first time ever you can now STREAM the contest entries!

So what are you waiting for? Go watch the videos!!! And then come back here to discuss them!

--Robb

Oh my gosh i downladed Julian Johnson's "Don't Look Down 2005" Video Contest Entry video by accident and thought it was AMAZINGLY COOL! The music is upbeat and i love the way he has managed to get the coasters to the that reverse thingy with the music. This has got to be one of my FAVOURITES!! Cant wait to see them all

Who actually sings that song anyone know?

i love the way he has managed to get the coasters to the that reverse thingy with the music.

I really enjoyed the video, but I think that bit ruins it, I think the reversy stuff (although well executed) is just really tacky, but I can't think of anything else to fit with the music!