TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

LIM,Hydraulic or Compressed Air launched Woodie

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It could be done, but I don't think many parks would be interested in doing this. The force from the launch plus the speed would put a lot of wear and tear on the wooden portion of the ride, even if the launch was steel. It wouldn't feel very wooden at all and therefore would be pretty pointless in having it made out of wood. For now I think they should stick with building launched coasters out of steel and leaving the classic feel to wood. Just look how popular the wooden coaster with a loop craze is

What?!

Who says a launch on a Woodie needs to be 100mph+ fast?! And why would a launch pull forces Wood couldn't handle?

What?!

Who says a launch on a Woodie needs to be 100mph+ fast?! And why would a launch pull forces Wood couldn't handle?

I agree. I dont see any reasons why it puts more stress on the track and supports than a normal 50-60 mph woodie. I cant see it being done in near future though, as parks seems to wanting a more traditional ride when building wooden coasters. But it can definately be done!