• Immelmann/Dive Loop
    • Raven Turn
    • Inline Twist
    • Other

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm gonna go with the zero-G roll. I love the feeling of weightlessness, and if I can get that while I'm flipped upside-down, it's a win-win!

The best one that I've personally been on might have actually been Led Zeppelin at HRP. It felt so drawn-out, like it was never going to end. For some reason, it felt different from the zero-G rolls on most other B&M's that I've been on.

The loop is probably by far my favorite. It's definitely the most gut wrenching, imo. I think the zero g roll is probably a close second though. Would have loved to have seen how the roll that was supposed to go on Maverick would have turned out!

Zero G rolls are cool, however, my favourite inversion has to be the vertical loops on the Mindbender at Galaxyland... They're just so damn intense!

Also love the older B&M corkscrews, like those on BTR clones. Really unexpected forces, where it just whips you over the top, instead of the consistent force all the way through on Vekoma/arrow corkscrews.

Also love the older B&M corkscrews, like those on BTR clones. Really unexpected forces, where it just whips you over the top, instead of the consistent force all the way through on Vekoma/arrow corkscrews.

Agree.

Actually I felt nothing on Zero G Rolls other than twisting.

Not all zero Gs I've been on actually gave me a weightlessness feeling. The coasters I've ridden which have one are: Bizarro (SFGAd), two Batman clones, superman (Warner Madrid), Dragon khan, Hydra, Talon, Great Bear and Raptor (CP) and, honestly, the only ones where I actually felt Zero-g were Superman's, Hydra's and Dragon Khan's the last one being my favourite as it was very fast but still zero g. Maybe it has to do with the seats but I don't remember getting a weightlessness feeling on any other.

Personally, I really like the heartline loops that Vekoma use on the SLC. I guess it helps having the Kumbak trains on my local one to relieve the head banging. When it had the stock Vekoma trains on it, the loop was brutal but the Sidewinder was actually really smooth and quite forceful. I guess if I was having to go with a general inversion a In Line Twist / Barrel roll would be my favourite such as the 2nd inversion on El Loco models and the one at the top of Maurer Söhne SkyLoops, nothing like hanging 45m in the air with just a lap bar!

I personally prefer the good old vertical loop just because it's the only type of inversion that gives that perfect hang time at the top where the sensation of being upside down actually hits you (seeing the whole world upside down while still having some positive G's that makes it feel like you're still standing the right way up).

seeing the whole world upside down while still having some positive G's that makes it feel like you're still standing the right way up).

Exactly!! That's why I love B&M's big loops, they are long enough for you to be for some time upside-down while under positive Gs giving you the feeling that the rest of the area is the wrong way up. That's the reason why I've never been a big fan of inversions with negative Gs as they just make you feel that you are, well... upside down while it is the ones with positives that do provide a disorientating feeling. I personally think negative g forces belongs to airtime hills which, again, are more fun because as you're up right you feel something is weird while on, let's say, barrel rolls, yo don't. Don't get me wrong, I do like an occasional roll but I think hangtime shouldn't be extended to other inversions, that's all.

Love these on wing riders, especially front row where you feel like you are just hanging there

Yes! But I'm the opposite and just love the feeling of being ripped up and around and down when sitting in the back left seat. Really cool and unique sensation.

I'm really excited to ride Wild Eagle today and see how that style of first drop compares!

• 1 year later...