• Immelmann/Dive Loop
    • Raven Turn
    • Inline Twist
    • Other

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After the insanityi have experienced on hulk, dueling dragons, kraken, bizarro, dominator, kumba, goliath, raptor, and especially alpengeist, I can safely conclude that the cobra roll is the most intense and amazing element. Of course there are also some very lame and uncomfortable instances (hydra/any vekoma). A good cobra roll is only surpassed by storm runners flying snake dive (many people fail to realize that there is a constant out of your seat airtime all the way from the hill entering to the dive out of it).

Edit: montus batwing deserves an honorable mention that thing is insane

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Zero G, especially the one on Dragon Khan that really doesn't feel zero G (forceless) but throws you out of your seat into the restraints while pivoting around its ax. Esthaetically speaking, I would vote for Goudurix's butterfly element, but it rides like a turd...

^ I also love the way Khan's zero g whips you around. I actually got zero g most of the times, but it's just way faster than most other B&Ms (apart from some inverts). I also love the fact that, because it's so fast, you only start twisting when you're really close to the top of the hill so when I rode the front I was like, going up the hill and looking at the part of the track that is upside down (right in front of me) and thinking: that's where we're going now. It's kind of hard to explain but it just felt so cool!

• 1 month later...

It's nice to see a lot of other people mentioning the zero G roll on Batman at SFNE. It's the best zero G roll I've ever experienced because you really do feel like you're floating through the whole thing. I know that's the point of a zero g roll but the weightlessness is very drawn out compared to other zero G rolls.

It's nice to see a lot of other people mentioning the zero G roll on Batman at SFNE. It's the best zero G roll I've ever experienced because you really do feel like you're floating through the whole thing. I know that's the point of a zero g roll but the weightlessness is very drawn out compared to other zero G rolls.

This is definitely the case, it was what really stood out to me about that ride. It's my favorite inversion, I just wish they could all be as perfect as on B:TDK.

This is definitely the case, it was what really stood out to me about that ride. It's my favorite inversion, I just wish they could all be as perfect as on B:TDK.

Kraken?

• 1 month later...

Pretzel loops. Crazy forceful - if you ride Manta's you get a sweet pop of air before being crushed. I'd say batwings are up there too.

Norwegian Loops. Not as forceful as the pretzels, but interesting enough. Fahrenheit's is pretty crazy, delivering some nice air. I don't think I've ridden many coasters with inversions that can deliver ejector air.

Flying Snake Dive. Such a unique element with a crazy awesome name to boot. Not too forceful, but is incredibly disorienting. Plus it looks amazing from the ground.

I voted on the corkscrew, but only for a few reasons. First, it is the inversion most used in RMC iron horse'd coasters, so it has a special place for me and my coasters. Secondly is that the corkscrew is different in that it can go over anything, like track or a rock, and make a "leap" effect on a coaster. See Flight of Fear at Kings Island, final inversion.