TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Animal Farm is still there, and the 99 Steam Train was still running up until a few years after Colossus was built. You can look down inside Colossus and still make out parking spaces if you look hard enough. There were never any attractions where Colossus was built. It was indeed a parking lot---Magic Mountain's first parking lot coaster!

What was the Gold Rusher's original track color?

Eric

I saw this thread and couldn't resist. There are tons of pages dedicated to trivia w/ disneyland and disneyland theming, but there is so little to talk about w/six flags theming because, well...there is no history with it. I know I am going out of turn, and i wish not to interrupt the acutal game, but i just want to get these tough-ies out there.

What was the name of the castle where the Wizard lived? What are the names of the 3 troll? In the now "Pirates Cove", who is "Dangerous Bill" a tribute for? Where can one hear the steady sound of typewritters in the park today? In which area can one hear the soundtrack to Last of the Mohicans? Name the main moose in MooseBurger Lodge. What used to be housed in the current PlayPass Processing Center? What did Yosemite Sam's Flight School used to be called. Who built and when was the Grand Carousel?

And now for the out-of-turn questions. LOL

What was the name of the castle where the Wizard lived?

I don't think I've read anything about where he actually lived. Crud.

What are the names of the 3 troll?

Bleep, Bloop, and King Troll

In the now "Pirates Cove", who is "Dangerous Bill" a tribute for?

I have no idea

Where can one hear the steady sound of typewritters in the park today?

See above

In which area can one hear the soundtrack to Last of the Mohicans?

Um... I would say High Sierra Territory.

Name the main moose in MooseBurger Lodge.

I don't know, I've never eaten there

What used to be housed in the current PlayPass Processing Center?

Um... Flashback's queue?

What did Yosemite Sam's Flight School used to be called.

I have no freaking idea

Who built and when was the Grand Carousel?

1912.... um, I forget, so I'll say Looff (sp?)

Well, that's the best I can do.

-amanda

Correct answers:

Trolls: I thought it was Bleep, Blop, and Bloop.

What was the name of the castle where the Wizard lived?

I don't think I've read anything about where he actually lived. Crud.

In the now "Pirates Cove", who is "Dangerous Bill" a tribute for?

I have no idea

Carousel: Yes 1912, and i am still looking for the company that built it.

Questions still in play:

Name the main moose in MooseBurger Lodge.

What used to be housed in the current PlayPass Processing Center?

What did Yosemite Sam's Flight School used to be called.

Thanks for playing, im impressed!

Alright I've got some pretty difficult stuff about Magic Mountain that I thought I could throw up:

Where is the one place left in the park you can still see the Trolls?

Which ride was used for Olympic Training at one point?

How many Horsepower is the moter on Swashbuckler... And for a bonus, how much power does the park use to run the ride and the lighting system?

Which company desinged Buccaneer?

Who desinged Sierra Twist?

What was the Sky Tower orignally built for?

What was the name of the puppet who used to scare people over by Viper?

Which ride in the park uses the greatest amount of power?

Alright that's all I feel like posting for now, I'll be curious to see if anybody can get those.

GOTHAM CITY

Name the main moose in MooseBurger Lodge?

i would guess wally moose.

i would say rapids crossing

Gotham= Correct

Wally=correct

Rapids+ incorrect

Still Up:

What used to be house in the current playpass processing center

Who built the grand carousel?

What did yosemite sam's flight school used to be called?

Allen's Q's:

Wow, those are technical questions, which i stink at...okay lets see...

Only place to see the trolls: there is one character suit behind wizville, the purple castle over in bugs bunny world, (closed to the public).

Olympic training: did there used to be a bobsled ride of some kind?

Which ride in the park uses the greatest amount of power?

superman the escape

Where is the one place left in the park you can still see the Trolls?

the exit of sandblasters

Which ride was used for Olympic Training at one point?

sarajevo bobsled

How many Horsepower is the moter on Swashbuckler... And for a bonus, how much power does the park use to run the ride and the lighting system?

i would guess between 45-55 horse power.i have no clue about how much it would cost to power it.

What used to be house in the current playpass processing center?

which one are you talking about the one near the main gate or the one near flashback?

i got one

how many trains maximum can colossus run with both sides open?

wrs28330, PTC built the Carousel... I'm pretty sure of this fact.

Also, Superman does not use the greatest amount of power in the park, even though that seems like the obvious choice. Also Sarajevo Bobsleds was not the ride used for Olympic training.

Colossus, decent guess with the swings, I'll give you that one. It uses 40 Horsepower.

Olympic training ride: Roaring Rapids

Processing Center: Once the que area for Mountain Express.

Tower: Was originally built to advertise the Valencia housing development.

A couple of easy ones;

What ride did Batman replace?

How many loading platforms did the monorail have?

On opening day, what could you do with a general admission ticket that you couldn't do at DL or KBF?

Edit:

-Theoretical- maximum # of Collossus trains, 10 (2 tracks, station, lift, p-lot brake block, end brake block, brakes waiting to enter station). Funny thing is the reason given for replacing the camel hump with a brake run was to increase capacity yet I've never seen a full compliment of trains on the tracks since they butchered the thing. I wish you all could have ridden her in her glory days w/ a full compliment of trains, the camel hump, and trains actually racing - what a beautiful coaster she used to be!

"Bleep, Blop, Blip and the wizard." (jew)

No, the trolls were Bloop, Bleep, and Blop.

To answer the question I asked, the original Gold Rusher track color was red---and if you look at the track in the station, it still is. For whatever reason, whenever they've painted the track, they didn't paint inside the station.

Another trivia question: At one time, there were two different Eagles Flight rides. What were the names of the stations, and where was each one located. (Hint: One of the three is still standing and, obviously, not used for anything right now.)

Eric

Hmmm...

Don't know the station names, but both went from the top of Samurai summit in the pagoda building nearest Superman. One went down to where Freefall is (building is next to the que) and the other went down to basically the base of the Superman tower.

What did Ninja replace?

how many trains maximum can colossus run?

Theoretical- maximum # of Collossus trains, 10 (2 tracks, station, lift, p-lot brake block, end brake block, brakes waiting to enter station). Funny thing is the reason given for replacing the camel hump with a brake run was to increase capacity yet I've never seen a full compliment of trains on the tracks since they butchered the thing. I wish you all could have ridden her in her glory days w/ a full compliment of trains, the camel hump, and trains actually racing - what a beautiful coaster she used to be!

nice guess but no

looping starship called z-force

On opening day, what could you do with a general admission ticket that you couldn't do at DL or KBF?

it allowed you to pay once and not to pay for every ride you got on

1)colossus county fair

2)high sierra terrotory

3)samuri sumit

how many trains maximum can colossus run?

Theoretical- maximum # of Collossus trains, 10 (2 tracks, station, lift, p-lot brake block, end brake block, brakes waiting to enter station). Funny thing is the reason given for replacing the camel hump with a brake run was to increase capacity yet I've never seen a full compliment of trains on the tracks since they butchered the thing. I wish you all could have ridden her in her glory days w/ a full compliment of trains, the camel hump, and trains actually racing - what a beautiful coaster she used to be!

nice guess but no

looping starship called z-force

it allowed you to pay once and not to pay for every ride you got on

1)colossus county fair

2)high sierra terrotory

3)samuri sumit

Collossus - I'll let someone else guess - seems like I saw it run with 8 before the camel hump was removed but that was a LONG time ago - could be wrong.

Z-force - correct!

General admission let you ride all the rides w/o ticket books - correct!

Monorail - no, but it's a trick question. The key word here is "loading". You could only get off @ the summit.

In the movie, what song did Spinal Tap play @ the amphatheater?

It was originally claimed that Colossus could run ten trains (five per side). I don't recall if it ever ran that many, though.

You could board the Metro inside the tunnel. I've gotten on there many times.

The Eagles Flight stations were Shangri-La (at the top of the mountain, the station still there but not used); El Dorado (where Freefall is); and Galaxy (where the Superman tower is).

Ninja didn't replace anything, but its station was the upper station for The Dragon, a slow transportation ride that took you from the big station behind Spin Out/Soda Shack up to the top.

What was the original name of the restaurant that is now the Laughing Dragon Pizza Co. and what type of restaurant was it?

Eric

colossus can run 3 trains on both sides so in total 6 if they run anymore the trains will start to block.meaning if there is a train in between two breaks and other train trys to enter that segent of track it will be stopped at that break.and has to be reset by a ride operator.

i should know i worked at that ride for 7 months.