TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Any Disney Pin Traders here?

DarkStitch626

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^ Kool Erik, you have the 30th Birthday WDW Space Mountain pin (w/Stitch) there on your lanyard. Very colorful pin it is, hmmm?

I have that pin also, it's one of my faves, and was wondering whether Sean/DS had that one in his collection?

Do you Sean?

(EDIT: BTW - the 'personalized note pads' I get from a good TON of charity organziations; animal, people, health... they all send me notepads, with of course, the 'obligatory' donation envelope, etc. It's a pain sometimes, getting so many... but then, like with your pkg. a sheet or two helps out, lol. Glad you got the pins ok, BTW, too.)

So Erik, what do you say to people who approach you for trading, when you have this (all of the above, lol) lanyard on?

Just curious of me. I mean, your first pic there is with you wearing it, at WDW, so I figure somebody from time to time while there, must approach you and ask you, etc....?

Yes? No?

Inquiring bears want to know...

^ Will do, when it gets to me.

In the meantime, here's two I found that will be released on March 18, in DisneyParis.....

I did not know that shamrocks were that.....chewy.

Or that Stitch enjoyed tea.....cups.

stitch_madhatter.gif.b728fa44c055c996ff44923fbdee9b8e.gif

And of course, trying out new adventures...

stpatrick.gif.9dc55ef0d7f9366d05bfb32f3954bf9d.gif

Stitch as usual, getting into everything.

So Erik, what do you say to people who approach you for trading, when you have this (all of the above, lol) lanyard on?

Just curious of me. I mean, your first pic there is with you wearing it, at WDW, so I figure somebody from time to time while there, must approach you and ask you, etc....?

Yes? No?

Inquiring bears want to know...

Leanne gets approached much more often than I. It may be because she has a ton of tinkerbell ones on. I often have a few hidden away in a pocket that we are willing to trade away...just in case.

Nice finds Bill! Your gonna luagh at the mail I sent the lion king pin package was air mailed so 4-7 days not too...bad. It also has a funny message for you in it read the back of the cut out thats in it. Can I be one to say I hate post office pens.. they never work..

Here's the one that's going to be available at the Main D park.....

StitchStPatrick2006DLR.jpg.7e2a5ce531cceb05858dcb55d7fe9282.jpg

Wonder what the St.Pats pin is going to look like at WDW? And that's a surfboard dangling, there.

^ That looks great Sean.

I see my 'contribution' to your collection is already up there, heh heh. And - I already see a couple that you already have, that I had (Playing in Sand, and One of Those Days) as part of my few fave Stitches, lol.

Anyway, lettin' ya knows.... nuttin' arrived here yet.

But I should also let you know - a Dave Smith pin (#10 - EPCOT Opens) has still not arrived basing the timing on a near Feb.beginning mailing? So, I'm still thinking, everything will reach me here - in time.

Patience, patience.

hey Nrthwnd my PM systems not working right, I keep getting "Invalid-Session" when I try to reply to any..

So I'll just say it here, I don't know why its taking so long for the pins but I sent out and got the Lion King pin Post marked maybe just after Mid feb. They said 5-7 days.. Flight and land delivery.

Patience is of Virtue and trust. I mean Vancouver isn't that above Washington state? lol.

Uh huh, and sometimes I need to post my signature, to remind myself that...

...when it gets here - it's here. No matter what time delivery period they'll tell you.

No sweat. You never know when....

All right, I guess it's time for me to come out of the pin closet.

DSC02603.JPG.34a200c61743c3c0199947df2d597725.JPG

This is where I lock them away. Can you believe I used to actually walk around the park with this thing?!

DSC02616.JPG.14c0904ae9bf1c585a90b30d4e709fb9.JPG

Meh, these are some of the back page dregs. Some of them are pretty cool though.

DSC02617.JPG.d8578102bd4af6649a19dbd34ffa6b7f.JPG

This is one of the first TDS pins ever made. I picked this up at Disneyana 2000.

DSC02615.JPG.84bba312404cf8268e91b550cecf83c9.JPG

Oh yeah! I got me a Club 33 pin! I also have a Hurcules Victory Parade era Dumbo pin.

DSC02614.JPG.f1fbf79efc7fdb72742edb8581e67b0b.JPG

Monica's page, mostly character pins

DSC02612.JPG.7e31cb056e57856ec9cb38d2df7f7447.JPG

Probably my favorite DCA pin.

DSC02610.JPG.f48033e2291179f1e42ee0a151f82186.JPG

This place isn't even open anymore!

DSC02609.JPG.496d0469934faed53751c6ae91774656.JPG

Most of these are opening DCA pins

DSC02608.JPG.6a369d3f2cb84ceaecd228ddcb5053e5.JPG

One of my favorites from WDW, PRE STITCH!!

DSC02607.JPG.91bec0d0b1c0f7c97cde2e5a4d355a1e.JPG

Every stinkin' New ('98) Tomorrowland pin

DSC02618.JPG.88ae09c77d2ba57e2356b73d4d3ed479.JPG

Haunted Mansion 30th anniversary like whut!

DSC02604.JPG.793a8d073e4d4567770e5a2571b2df45.JPG

Some of my favorites

Wow - you got quite the collection, Don!

And I noticed the 33 Pin. Very nice. I got two of them, and gave one to my David for our 33rd Anniv. last year, lol. He still forgets what the pin actually represents....

And I notice you have the three pin collection of DCA attractions - Grizzly Rapids, SSLimo and SunWheel. I like them and have them too, and also have the Grand Opening poster pin for DCA itself - see below.

Thanks for sharing all that you got, lol.

(EDIT: I also love that mini-map DL pin there! That's great! When was that available, and how did you get it?)

DCAposterGrandOpening.jpg.b512a70bd9c47e3921fb20d7015834b4.jpg

This was sold and/or handed out at the Grand Opening of DCA, in 2001. Wow - already five years old, huh?

I also love that mini-map DL pin there! That's great! When was that available, and how did you get it?)

Alright, for a while Disney was actually celebrating Disneylands Birthday by having maps/passports/post cards that you could take around the park, collect stamps, and recieve a pin when completed. If you had an AP you also got a bonus pin!

They did this for the 44th, 45th, and 46th birthdays.

44th: 'A good days climb' The round Matterhorn pin plus the AP matterhorn with mickey pin.

45th: 'Walk in Walt's Original Magic Kingdom' That's where I got the 'Map Pin' plus the AP golden scroll looking one.

46th: something about sailing This is where I got the 46th anny rectangle balloon pin and my favorite, the AP Imagineering a new attraction pin!

Too bad they quit after that. It was fun going to the park around the birthday and getting cool stuff.

Mind I ask if your willing what so ever to trade the Test track mickey head logo pin, or the DCA logo pin?

Are you kidding!? lol! Sorry, but I do have some HISTA pins that I'll trade for just about anything!! Like cheese on a Ritz cracker!!

For some reason I'm not really into the pins anymore. I mean, I love the one's I have, but lately when I go to the park nothing they have really looks that great to me anymore. Sad really, because I used to buy all kinds of these damn things!

I also have a complete set of the Disney Store 100 years of Magic pin series somewhere. When it turns up in my crap somewhere I'll post those!

-DisneyDon