TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Any Disney Pin Traders here?

DarkStitch626

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not sure when the start of the "Disney Pin Trading" Logo... started.

Pin trading started "officially" back in 2001 at WDW, but I don't think the Trader Logo was added until ...2003?

And not all sets of pins, trading and non- seem to have that little 'marker.'

At least, from a lot of the pins I've been getting on eBay...

And as far as DLP pins go, that varies too I think. Am pretty sure the 'Disney" name has to be there somewhere. Then there's usually 'China' on them, too, from where they're made, lol.

A number of already-bought pins from there in Oct.'04 have 'Disneyland RESORT Paris' on the back, as much as they can fit it. And a ©Disney in a spot, too.

Hope that helps.

Ok I'm gonna purchase the mailing package tomorrow for yours, but if anything at all goes wrong during the transit at all, Like what happened with Craig (token yankee guy) , I mailed him his 2 packages, and only 1 got to him. They said 2-4 days, it took from Jaunary 23 to feb 6th to reach him and only 1 got there. If we both mail the packages out same day etc , and say mine doesn't reach you, and yours reaches me, I will mail yours back I mean , I am honest and fair when I do stuff like this so I don't want anyone to get jipped or angry thats like a bad omen. I like making friends not ticking people off . you know what I mean? I guess thats how I was raised to make friends .

Craig's second package ended up in a state half way across the country on the wrong side! The post master ticked me off so bad!.

This time I'm using UPS so it will hopefully go nicer.

So far (touch wood), things I have sent to peeps in the States have arrived ok. And what they have sent to me, arrive fine, if a bit....... later than expected.

I think it's the % of 'luck' in one's life, y'know?

Ok then. So I will be sending yours off late Wed.morning (mine PST), alrighty?

~ ~ ~ ~

So far (touch wood), things I have sent to peeps in the States have arrived ok. And what they have sent to me, arrive fine, if a bit....... later than expected.

I think it's the % of 'luck' in one's life, y'know?

Ok then. So I will be sending yours off late Wed.morning (mine PST), alrighty?

~ ~ ~ ~

Sounds good to me . This just proves one thing if anything, pin trading can be cool. Not just some little kids thing they think is a dream come true.

Also, it would be great if sometimes, peeps were able to post a pic er three of the pins they (currently) have, or want/need, etc.

Best site I find pix of pins - is www.PinPics.com with great, different pin groups that peeps collect, there. And lots of pix too - you have to wade thru a lot of them, but usually worth it.

Below, is one of my faves, from DLP, bought in Oct.04...

EvilQueenDLPR.jpg.22faf0d6ce70c8b8b93e7b02cc0a7d80.jpg

That says it all, hmmm?

Great!

I should get going on taking a pic or two of my nine lanyards hanging up to the left of me, here.

The rest of my 'collection,' I group into baggies and keep stored away in bigger ziplock bags. But these 'lanyard-ed' sets I keep out, and within viewing range, lol.

And here's another pin I got a kick out of obtaining. Was part of an Event Series Set, which basically, was for the opening of DCA in 2001. There were four pins available, I got all of them, and this of course, is the obvious fave, LOL!

I am half-hoping that 'maybe' this 'might' become .... collectible. Hah.

Looking forward to seeing your pin board.

DCAposterSuperStarLimo.jpg.5b54cb98721eb1dc6ad3e24787b19b83.jpg

What can I say? It's closed now. Boo hoo.

Is there a pin price guide? I bought every limited edition pin I could find at DLP with the intention to sell them all, but I have no idea how much I should sell them for!

-Joey "might as well make some $$$ off the creepy pin traders" Mandel

I still have a bunch of Millionaire Pins!

My 125K pin went for $75 by itself, I need to go get some more of those! Are they still selling at all?

Also I read that those pins that have pieces of the attractions are going for outrageous prices. Are they still selling them at the parks, or how would I go about getting some? Those are the first I've seen in awhile that I like, well, other than Chip n Dale Pins!

I also have a few HKDL pins I could find, and some Countdown Party Tokyo Disney stuff, they're really just not into the pin thing though.

I still have a bunch of Millionaire Pins!

My 125K pin went for $75 by itself, I need to go get some more of those! Are they still selling at all?

Also I read that those pins that have pieces of the attractions are going for outrageous prices. Are they still selling them at the parks, or how would I go about getting some? Those are the first I've seen in awhile that I like, well, other than Chip n Dale Pins!

I also have a few HKDL pins I could find, and some Countdown Party Tokyo Disney stuff, they're really just not into the pin thing though.

If I am not mistaken you can still find them around. It is tough, but you can manage , when I'm working at WDW for my Internship I'll keep my eyes pealed.

Currently, it appears the two "Piece of History" pins that are really racking up the big bucks on eBay, are the first-offered pin last year, and the current one from Series II now 'available,' hah hah...

20,000 Leagues Jan'05

Haunted Mansion Feb'06

Considering it's a eensy bitty piece of 'stuff' packed onto the pin, it's still a unique collectible. And of course, attractions are are no longer around (i.e. 20KL) are the ones that'll get snapped up faster...

Unless it's the #$@^&*%* Haunted Mansion pins.

Can't wait, when they offer the Mr.Toads Wild Ride PofH, how fast that one will (probably) sell. And they're planning to offer one for Pirates too, to co-incide with the new "PiratesII" opening in July, I hear.

~ ~ ~ ~

Sean, if you ever find two of the Mansion pins - I will definitely be interested, okay? Right now, I do want two of them, if possible.

Currently, it appears the two "Piece of History" pins that are really racking up the big bucks on eBay, are the first-offered pin last year, and the current one from Series II now 'available,' hah hah...

20,000 Leagues Jan'05

Haunted Mansion Feb'06

Considering it's a eensy bitty piece of 'stuff' packed onto the pin, it's still a unique collectible. And of course, attractions are are no longer around (i.e. 20KL) are the ones that'll get snapped up faster...

Unless it's the #$@^&*%* Haunted Mansion pins.

Can't wait, when they offer the Mr.Toads Wild Ride PofH, how fast that one will (probably) sell. And they're planning to offer one for Pirates too, to co-incide with the new "PiratesII" opening in July, I hear.

~ ~ ~ ~

Sean, if you ever find two of the Mansion pins - I will definitely be interested, okay? Right now, I do want two of them, if possible.

I don't exactly think it will be a piece of cake to get that pin but I did manage to get you your DLP halloween one you wanted.

Nice little collection there, Joey. But - nothing that really interests me. For now.

You might want to check thru eBay, and search out the DLP pins that are (currently) being auctioned off. That'll then give you some idea of what cost a few of your pins might go for, if offered.

Hey, you might even find your exact pins already on auction, so you can follow how they do, before you think about posting yours, hmmm?

Joey, just to let you know, not sure if you saw but on those pages it atleast lists the pins prices in Euro for the ones you show. 10.50 in Euro for the one it says, so proberably $12.50 American. Most pins generally go for between $6.00 & $25.00 , some special editions like the Piece of History sets are going for well over $100 individually. For ones like that though off ebay will seek original prices on ebay maybe up to $40.00 .

Ugh.

Got back from my dentist a few hours ago. Had a tooth 'filed and carved' for a gold crown fit, next week. So far, pain pills are working....

But - treated myself to these two pins, bought at one of my all-time fave eBay pin sellers.... here:

http://stores.ebay.ca/Michaels-Disney-Treasures

Reasonable prices and cheap shipping costs per pin. He's great!

(These two totalled roughly $26 US w/shipping to Canada.)

ScarFriday13.jpg.6bf8f8215a3c0a3bc78cf9752233f47f.jpg

And here's one of my fave (and evillishly small, heh heh) collections - Scar. A Friday the 13th pin, too. Exxxxxxcellent.

MadTeaPartyDL.jpg.c473539ce24970758ec25ec1281702bc.jpg

I am thinking of putting a "DL Alice & Wonderland" Framing together of a few like-themed pins. This will be one of them.

Wow those are neat!. One set I am searching my butt off for are the "Miniature pin sets" they are the size of Pennies!

Here are a select few pins I need to complete my ideal collection.

I am looking for those, but I'd like to see more of the Tiki Room, Test track, Mission Space, and Tower of terror. Oh and Rock N' Roller Coaster if anyone has them.