TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Any Disney Pin Traders here?

DarkStitch626

Hello everyone of Theme Park Review. After seeing a few candy and beer trades over this forum, I have thought for a while. Now I know there are a few Disney Pin collectors and traders on this board but I would like to start a Member group or something for "Active" and "Interested " pin traders who'd like to discuss and trade them over this board or forum. Just thought I would ask because it would be awsome.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, hmmmmph.

Just got an amail back - 'bout the SELL OUT of the PofH2 pins' Haunted Mansion, and that whom I "bought one from," thru eBay - well, they didn't get any pins. At all. Sold out in 6 hours this morning...

So - am getting a PayPal refund back.

Woo hoo.

And they're already posting at Buy It Nows for $30+ up to $45 and probably beyond, soon. Each. Disgusting, the profit that's going to be made, there.

Oh well, there goes getting a full set.... for now.

PieceOfHistoryII2_HauntedMansion.jpg.9ed1a37013b928baa2d316c4b5dd8347.jpg

The Pin In Question....

Well, hmmmmph.

Just got an amail back - 'bout the SELL OUT of the PofH2 pins' Haunted Mansion, and that whom I "bought one from," thru eBay - well, they didn't get any pins. At all. Sold out in 6 hours this morning...

So - am getting a PayPal refund back.

Woo hoo.

And they're already posting at Buy It Nows for $30+ up to $45 and probably beyond, soon. Each. Disgusting, the profit that's going to be made, there.

Oh well, there goes getting a full set.... for now.

Yeah the person that I pre-paid for one of these pins also was not able to get one. I did win won today, but it did cost me around $40 including shipping....oh well, its pretty much the only series I am collecting now, and I have everyone up so far. The person I pre-paid to is sending me an awesome alternative pin though, so I am not too upset about it. If you are collecting them I would highly suggest in biting the bullet now, look how much the 20,000 Leagues pin is going for now. I am lucky I bought that one at retail. I wonder how fast the upcoming Pirates and Mr. Toad are going to sell out.

^ Yeah darnit. I have the full set from last year, and wanted to keep on collectin' lol. I have the Tiki Room already from last month.

And yes, the Pirates and definitely Toad will be instant sell outs I have no doubt.

It's interesting how except for the first pin last year (20KL) the whole year was pretty easy to buy the first set of pins, month to month. For me, anyway.

Now, well, it's just blown up and what can ya do, hmm?

Poop.

Wow, Disney really helped me out by going so big with the pin trading. Fortunately for me, I only collect the roller coaster pins (at every park, not just Disney). Disney has respread the trend, and it worked its way into Universal, Six Flags, Cedar Fair, and Paramount again. Still, you won't ever catch me sitting down on Main Street with my pin bag in tow waiting to make a trade.

As for me, I just got my ebay order in of a retired Stitch pin. It came with a free Expedition Everest lanyard and medial event pin that they gave away. I am also getting the Stitch olympic medalion lanyard and a few others but for now my collection keeps growing. I am willing to trade but I don't have many doubles at this time.

LOL! Derek man, Its not like I do that. I usually bring my lanyard with me with a few pins, then I'll find the dudes that stand around at Epcot and they have a huge board of them and they've had some good ones, With a quick glance I always manage to find retired ones! Lion King 1994 original collectors pin & the 2004 olympics set. Chip N dale, Stitch and a few others were on olympic pins etc.

When I did DisParis back in Oct.'04, I had two lanyards on, as it was during (ahem) Halloween month, lol. One for the Boo pins - the other for the 'regular' ones. (o:

~ ~ ~

So, I stayed alert and always looked for kids that had lanyards, with their parents, and then let them trade with me. It was fun, they loved it, and the parent were appreciative of my taking the time to go thru trading with their kids.

~ ~ ~

And I had extras in a sidebag with me (will bring that on the UK trip) for "reloading" should I need to, lol. I also only did the weekdays, cause the weekends were just way too crowded (at my visits' time) to deal with pin trading, etc. Same cast members (from weekdays) I ran into in shops with their pins, on the weekends were in total (probable) stress modes and looked like they did not want to even try trading, heh heh.

Thats one of the reasons why I can't get into it, the people who want my expensive $30 pin for their run of the mill Daisy Duck. It'd be kinda like trading a Babe Ruth rookie card for a Mitch Williams 1992.

I think I was going to attempt getting into it, if I stayed at a resort, I'd buy the resort pin, I'd try to get all the E-Tickets, and if I was there for a special event like Christmas or a big Disney "anniversary" I'd grab the pin. But when I saw the Arbor Day, Earth Day, Autumn 2001, and all the pins from other Disney parks that even those Disney parks don't have, I drew the line. Now I only get the "anniversary" pins and coasters.

I've got only seven pins, most of them are from my grandmother:

Partners statue

Soarin' Over California

Tower of Terror (DCA)

Haunted Mansion (really cool!)

The first Mickey Mouse comic strip

a mickey pin that says "1947" (I'm not sure if it's from 1947 though.)

A Bugs Life

Tarzan

A pretty random selection, like I said before, most of them were given to me from my grandma.

pinz.jpg.7058bce63ce34a0de9a21723634bd35d.jpg

Don't hate the trada...

I collect pins with certain themes to them, like others.

I buy pins to trade, mainly based on cost per pin and 'probable interest' in it, etc. And I don't pay a lot for pins to trade, either. If you can buy a pin that looks like it cost more than you bought it for - great! And Stitch is definitely a hit over there in DizzyParee tooo, lolol! So is Da Buzz, heh heh.

I have to buy most of mine from the US eBay sellers, and some of the pins I bring to DisParis are totally foreign to a lot of the CMs. But they're definitely intrigued when it comes to certain ones.

And I have gone thru my first-ever major run of buying, prior to the '04 visit. Now I am just buying for myself with 'occasional spot buying' when i see pins that are probable good bets for trading with kids and CMs.

And I have enough pins left over from the '04 trip, to help start me up for the (eventual) Spring'07 visit - Happy 15th Birthday DLPR!

And I sitick to my theme groups, w/o going overboard thankfully. I have unique theme likes, too, y'know. Like Scary Teddy, from NBC...

~ ~ ~

Oh - here's one I would really like to get. A bit of a loose one, as it pops up from time to time.... I start bidding on it, then lose it. Ah well.....

DLP2001MickeyKinGLOW.jpg.94c3377980d8c584d3188dde5d6b9541.jpg

circa.2001 - DLP Halloween pin. Glow. I want.

The trade would be with you, right?

That asked - and assumed - what are you interested in, besides Stitch pins?

And like myself, is there one you are particularly looking out for?

And when do I have to let you know? Couple of days....or not? Or more time perhaps?

Lemme know.

I'm interested in Rock N' Roller Coaster, Test Track , those kind of pins.

I got the deal, and got the Pin your looking at for free So it should be at my doorstep around 3:00 on tueasday.

I'm interested in Attraction pins, especially Mission space if you have any of them or Disneyland pins!. Just tell me what you've got.

Nope. Think this pin is the only one I have for M:S.

(EDIT: Just found a couple of these old GM World of Motion metal "pins" from past collecting. Will add one to the Goofy pin for the trade, okay?)

GMworldOfMotion87b.jpg.d2c2e3afe34449c65ed33f4aef87916b.jpg

And the back view of it. Simple, huh?

GMworldOfMotion87a.jpg.2c88f9a49f5fb53e9072aca30c3089b7.jpg

This is the add-on in question. Circa.1987