TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Ninja at SFOG

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't been on a rough Vekoma yet. I think Rock'n'RollerCoaster at MGM is smooth. It's one of the smoothest rides i've been on. I even find GASM@ SFOG to be extremly smooth except in the last row of any car. BUZZ BARS RULE!!! I didn't know Arrow made the trains. I thought they were from Vekoma. At least the ride isn't a TOGO

I love Togo. You take that back.

• 1 month later...
At least Vekoma didn't build any more of their psycho-death butterfly inversions after 1989.

What's wrong with their butterfly inversions? Are they a really big head banger? When wiil the ride open? I'm going on April 1 and I might try it. How come most Arrow/Vekoma loopers are smoothest in the back? I honestly liked white better than black. Can anyone post a picture of the ride paonted black PLEASE?

I don't have a picture of it, but I have already been to the park twice. I guarantee you the black looks so much better than the white. It looks like an amazing ride with the new paint. It makes a huge difference. Also, since it hasn't been stated in this forum, there is a lot of rumors that when they took the train off of the track, they redid the wheel assemblies or something to make it smoother.

Do you think it will be ready for April 1? When my cousin went, he said he saw the trains on the stage of the SouthernStar Amphitheater(sp?). I don't think they are changing the cars. They probably took off the cars so nothing will interfear with the painters. They might also paint the trains also. Do y'all think that the new paint will attract people again? The GP might think they re-did the ride only to find out it's still the same.

OFF TOPIC: How does the train do the butterfly loop?

They are no longer in the ampitheatre but they were at one time. They were taken off so that the track could be painted obviously but people notice that something looked different about them. I would most likely assume and agree with everybody that things were done to the undercarriage to make the ride smoother if the new train thing is completely ruled out. The ride looks great. Everybody is asking if it is open even though there are still white spots on it and a sign at the entrance. People from out of town are very interested in it and want to ride it badly. It truly does look like a great ride. The GP can't tell that it is a Vekoma and automatically assume that it is rough. The people that live here are probably so dumb that they even think it is a completely new ride haha.

and the way it shakes when the train stops....

This totally freaked me out the first time I rode it! Why does it do that?

The ride is ok...kind of rough but is still berable. Great headchoppers. The lift is really slow though, very annoying to me!

The slow lift scares me also. For some reason, I like that loud noise the lift makes when the train engages/disengages the chain. How forceful are the loops? I'm just hoping it's open on April 1. About how many supports are still white? Do you think it will be ready by April 1? If it isn't, that would be a pain in the

• 4 weeks later...

I rode it yesterday in the front seat of the back car. It's the same old, rough Ninja, but at least I had a smoother ride in the back car than anyone else on the train. For the first time ever, I actually had to wait in a line about 30 minutes long (all because of the 1-train operation). By the end of the day the line for the ride actually filled up the whole queue, which I had never seen before.

Right before I got on the ride, the restraint of the seat where I had planned on sitting got stuck down. Luckily there was nobody in that seat, and the ride op just dispatched it like that. He didn't even care about trying to fix it, and he ended up opening it after the train had gone around once. Because of this, I had to sit by myself.

So it's not safe to sit anywhere else in the train? You still have to use the "sit in the last car" rule? I find it stranget that Ninja is rough while Millenium Roller Coaster at Fantasy Island is smooth. They both use the same track gauge.

Ninja was built in 1989 (relocated to SFOG in 92). Millenium Rollercoaster was built in 1999.

Btw, Ninja is also running Vekoma trains, but an older version. They are quite similar to the Arrow trains, but there is some small differences. The Arrow trains have a sharper nose section.

oooohhhh. I see. For some reason, I always thought that Ninja had Vekoma trains, not Arrow trains. I've noticed that Arrow trains on Vekoma coasters don't go together. Ninja's trains don't look like Arrow trains. Look at the photo below to see what I mean.

17062543-L.jpg.ed16cf516dcf5908eb2ae0ba023cac11.jpg

Does Ninja's trains look more Arrow or Vekoma?

• 5 years later...

SFOG is my home park too! YOU CAN RIDE IN ANY SEAT OF NINJA WITHOUT HURTING YOU'RE HEAD! Here is the trick: when you come to a right turn, tilt your head left. when you come to a left turn tilt your head right. I have tried this many times and everytime I use this it feels as smooth as Goliath or a B&M or whatever. But make shure you use it for everything that isn't perfectly strait. (The loops) or you will experience head banging.