TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Alien Encounter @ WDW

Sadly, Alien Encounter has been replaced with one of the worst attractions I've ever experienced. They would have been better off making it a gift shop...

dt

Yeah it went from a D Ticket Experience right to a Z Ticket Experience. I liked the Stitch movie, but this was not a good decision for the MK.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The ride was themed as a labaratory called "XS Tech". The guests were supposed to be visitors invited to see a demonstation of new teleportation technology developed at the lab.

In the preshow room, "SIR" (A really good AA) demonstrated the technology by sending "Skippy" from one end of the room to the other. An AA alien trapped in a containment tube disappears as the tube fills with smoke. He appears in another tube, looking all fried due to the process.

The staff invited you to witness one of XS tech's staff alien's arrival via teleportation for yourself. This time, instead of from one side of a room to another, from a far off planet to Tomorrowland. The room you enter is a circle with a teleport tube in the center.

During the process, something is screwed up, and a monstrous alien from the wrong planet ends up in the room. The special effects were great. The room becomes pitch dark and the glass on the tube is shattered. They shake and press down on the restraints, as well as blow warm air down your neck to simulate the alien stalking you. At one point, little pokers actually came out of the headrest to simulate the alien was touching you.

It was really well done and pretty believable. Definately the most screams I've ever heard on a Disney ride.

Sean "lucky enough to experience it before it was neutered"

AlienEncounter001.jpg.ab16df755602409f6ddbbad974340d6a.jpg

"Skippy" is still a part of the Stitch butchering.

I agree with what a bunch of people said, except that I was never a huge fan of Alien Encounter. It was ok, and if there was no line I might see it, but it wasn't never something I liked or recommended.

But that being said, I liked it a ton better than Stitch's Great Escape! It's the perfect mix of "not scary enough for the older people" and "too scary for the younger people" which results in the attraction having no target audience! The AAs are impressive, but that's all. Mostly, it is just gross...not funny, not scary, not cute...not anything I really care to see again!

And I agree with Maliboomer that the new HISTA preshow sucks bigtime. They took something beautiful and moving and turns it into crap. At least they redid Journey into *Your* Imagination...that attraction was truly a monstrous failure if there ever was one!

-Julie

alien encounter is quite possibly the single scariest ride on the face of this earth. even up until i was 14 years old, that ride would make me cry. although im sad that they took it down (because i hate to see parks try to change or improve rides that don't need improvement), it might have been for the better, because that ride scared the living SHIT out of me! i miss that, though!! RIP Alien Encounter!

During the process, something is screwed up, and a monstrous alien from the wrong planet ends up in the room. The special effects were great. The room becomes pitch dark and the glass on the tube is shattered. They shake and press down on the restraints, as well as blow warm air down your neck to simulate the alien stalking you. At one point, little pokers actually came out of the headrest to simulate the alien was touching you....

So was there any climax after that?? Or was that all??

During the process, something is screwed up, and a monstrous alien from the wrong planet ends up in the room. The special effects were great. The room becomes pitch dark and the glass on the tube is shattered. They shake and press down on the restraints, as well as blow warm air down your neck to simulate the alien stalking you. At one point, little pokers actually came out of the headrest to simulate the alien was touching you....

So was there any climax after that?? Or was that all??

At the climax of the ride (if I remember correctly) the people who are running the test re-route the power and catch him is the tube and create a power surge that blows him up (which was apretty scary because of all the noise and effects). My favorite part of the ride was when the electrical guy comes in to try to fix the lights and all of a sudden the alien dissapeers. The guy walked around the catwalk above the audience and had a nightvision camera that played on the screens. It was one of those moments where you new something was going to pop out but you didn't know when, and sure enough the alien popped out and the screen went dark and you feel the slobber/blood drip on you from above. That was the most memorable effect for me, since the whole scene was done so well and had such a clear story (unlike Stitch which is impossible to follow)

^ I agree with you Swimace, the blood effect was one of my favorite parts too.

The effect that always got me was the tongue effect, it was so unexpected.

The odd thing is with SGE is it too has the tongue effect, but it just did not work for me! The shows been dumbed down so much, nothing came out scary to me.

Now I dislike Stitch's attraction and liked Alien Encounter just as much as the rest of you.

But I see that not one of you mentioned the OG attraction that was there before AE.....

Mission to Mars ( The original Mission Space,...LOL....kinda)

Oh the spectacular effects of your seat sinking under your butt during liftoff, and the sudden release after you left earths atmosphere, to simulate...well I guess weightlessness?? Who knows, during the late 70's as a young lad it was pretty cool, but laughable by todays standards. Oh technology what a wonder.

Also I agree that AE was not a kid attraction. Every time I went on it, I would here at least 10 or more kids screaming bloody murder through pretty much the whole thing ( little bastards ) But I still enjoyed it.

Ok That's it, long live AE and MtM..

P All " Succeed With X/S !! "

Yay AE was scary when i went on it at the age of four and never would go on it agin even when i was 10 it was so scary. But i remember when i went to WDW about 4 or 5 years ago and we went to downtown disney and there was this disney place where you could build your own rollercoaster and ride that building and in it was AE. I dont know if that is true but the sign outside said that AE was inside so i dont know if its still thre but if it is you can ride but it was really scary for little kids because i did it when i was little. But it was kinda fun even tho it was scary.

You're thinking of DisneyQuest which has a virtual reality game loosly based on Alien Encounter. IMO that attraction was just a terrible excuse to use a park attraction in DisneyQuest, as the ride really has nothing to do with XS Tech or the story that the MK attraction followed. The other major things at DisneyQuest are based on WDW trademarks to (with the exception of the comic game) but the other attractions based on rides are really good (especially Pirates).

PS- Punctuation is your friend.

Yay AE was scary when i went on it at the age of four and never would go on it agin even when i was 10 it was so scary. But i remember when i went to WDW about 4 or 5 years ago and we went to downtown disney and there was this disney place where you could build your own rollercoaster and ride that building and in it was AE. I dont know if that is true but the sign outside said that AE was inside so i dont know if its still thre but if it is you can ride but it was really scary for little kids because i did it when i was little. But it was kinda fun even tho it was scary.

I think you're talking about Disneyquest. There's a game in there that is called Invasion! An ExtraTERRORestrial Alien Encounter. It's not the same thing as the attraction.

When my family went back in the summer before 9/11 hit, A:E was the lamest Disney Attraction there to ride. I remember my mon being scared and me telling her it was stupid, and very lame. WHILE THE SHOW WAS GOING ON! I'm kinda glad this POS is gone. The restraints were so uncomfortable, I WAS PINCHED!

Well, I hope SGE is better then A:E was.

When my family went back in the summer before 9/11 hit, A:E was the lamest Disney Attraction there to ride. I remember my mon being scared and me telling her it was stupid, and very lame. WHILE THE SHOW WAS GOING ON! I'm kinda glad this POS is gone. The restraints were so uncomfortable, I WAS PINCHED!

Well, I hope SGE is better then A:E was.

The Stitch attraction is similiar to A:E, but made more for kids in mind. If you did not like A;E much, I do not think you will like Stitch as well.

• 4 weeks later...