TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Alien Encounter @ WDW

Its my favourite attraction and i would love it if someone had any information about it, im coming to florida in september this year and i hope its still there, but i dont see anything of it anymore... help...

Please Help Me...?

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its a tamed down version now called Stitches escape or something like that. Too bad, I wish I could have gotten over there to experience it.

Nooooooooooooooo....not stitch....i cant believe it, Alien Encounter was a awsome ride...ima experience stitch one when i go and if its not any good, i will physically beat that thing annoyin creature to pieces muuhahahaha...he better put up a good show!

Better not have too high an exepectation about Stitch:Escapes. They've had to do re-tuning of it, well after it's official opening.

And a lot of peeps don't like it, from what I've heard.

But - Alien:Encounter just scared the poop out of a lot of peeps for some bizarre reason of...... hmmmm. NOT READING THE ENTRY WARNINGS???

I just think in the end, not enough people enjoyed the fact that Disney could create an actual E-Ticket Scare Attraction that was more adult yet fairly within it's "family-friendly" circle of.... edginess.

I wish I could have gotten to try it once. Something I do regret missing out on.

(EDIT: To does not = too.)

I still think Alien Encounter could have been even scarier. I was reading one of those Imagineering books and apparently it was supposed to be even scarier and based on the film Alien.

Yet and still, it was pretty intense for a Disney attraction...when all the effects were working. I remember the last few months of its life they started slowly taking things out as they prepared to close it which lessened its impact.

AE was my favorite non-mountain Disney ride (if that makes any sense) and I feel the Stitch thing just plain sucks.

They shut the ride down because there were too many complaints of it being too scary in a park geared at families. For the record, the name of the ride was...

The Extra TERROR Estrial Alien Encounter

You don't see them turning Tower of TERROR into a frog hopper because people bitched about it being too scary for their kids. Terror is RIGHT IN THE NAME!

I really think they should have just maybe moved it over to Epcot, where they could use another thrill experience, and just replaced the building with something else completely.

At least they kept Skippy... I wonder where the big alien went?

AlienEncounter002.jpg.53b58b9d85d810e4f0ae65094f1dd206.jpg

R.I.P.

AE was my favorite attraction too, SGE is just the worst attraction in WDW. I'm 16 and I knew this was just not going to work. You can't take a attraction that was scary, keep everything that made it scary, and say it's "kid friendly".

R.I.P AE, you were quite the original attraction!

I enjoyed Stitch's Great Escape more then I thought I would (mind you I came in with reeeeeeeeally low expectations). It's nowhere near being the best Disney Atteraction, but I've been on worse. It might be a good thing I didn't ever get the chance to ride Alien Encounter.

For some bizzare reason, my Brother really liked Stitch's Great Escape.

I remember going on Alien Encounter during its first season. I was so young and was absolutely terrified by that ride. However, I absolutely loved it. My sister on the other hand, completely freaked out. She almost managed to crawl under the restraints in an attempt to escape the ride. She won't even talk about going on the ride to this day. I'm saddened to hear that its gone. It was one awesome ride.

Stitch may be the worst attraction at WDW, excluding the HISTA preshow, but it is not by any means awful. I went in with low expectations and it was really okay, not absolutely craptacular like most say. The Stitch audio-animatronic is one of Disney's best and the spitting effect was intresting (though if you go in to take a break from the hot Florida sun showers you'll be rained on just the same). Just pinch your nose when the obnoxious girl mentions chilli dogs.

This ride truly was a Disney Classic, even though it had barely a decade of a lifespan. It took something Disney doesn't really do anymore...use an original story, no "based on a movie" stuff, like the new HORRIBLE Stitch's Great Escape. I remember going to WDW for the first time at age six, during the 25th Anniversary (ah! the cake!) and the New Tomorrowland had just pretty much been open for under a year or so, and this attraction blew me away. I went back two years later in '98 to find the ride completely tamed...four years later in 2002 the thing was neutered. When it was fully functioning properly...the shattered glass effect and the amazing AA kicked ASS! Stich really lacks a good story...and it's just stupid. If a ride needs to use prerecordered actor 'guests' saying "LET GO OF MY CHILI DOG" in a park where ABSOLUTELY NO FOOD IS PERMITTED ON AN ATTRACTION...c'mon now Disney, wake up. Walt would be rolling in his grave, period. People expect a Disney ride to "wow" them, and this is almost half-assed imagineered. I had more fun in the gift shop then on the attraction.

My four year old sister sweared her first curse after Stitch...

"Mommy, that ride was crap!"

...sadly my mom had to agree.

You get more thrills out of It's a Small World.

Alien Encounter will always have a place in my heart...it was an experience only Disney could pull-off.

Stitch is so much worse than Alien Encounter. In Alien Encounters lowest state it could easily double the fun of Stitch. The only good thing I can say for Stitch is that the Animatronic is incredible, other than that it's pretty pitiful. There's practically no story, or at least one that anybody can follow, which is a stupid thing to do since a Stitch ride should have a simple story to keep its little fans immersed.

The most ironic part of all this is that Alien Encounter was taken out because it was too frightening for small children. So instead, throw in every kid's favorite alien and PRESTO! its the same results. Kids don't care if you throw in a scary alien, a happy alien, mickey mouse, a whole bunch of Disney princesses, or an all you can eat ice cream buffet, if its in the dark, they ain't gonna like it!

I definately thought that the pre-show for Stitch was too frightening for kids, it made it seem like the ride was going to be scary. The loud noises, darkness, and large gun movements are enough to scare any kid, which is something that a park like Disney should know.