TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Windjammer was my first looping coaster!

^^So how many trains were they running on the coasters at Magic when you were 7?

I really couldn't tell you. At age 7, I was scared sh*tless of roller coasters. It wasn't until 11 when I climbed aboard the later ill-fated Windjammer Surf Racers at Knott's (much against my will, I almost crapped my pants before boarding) and officially planted the seed to become the enthusiast that I am today.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^^So how many trains were they running on the coasters at Magic when you were 7?

I really couldn't tell you. At age 7, I was scared sh*tless of roller coasters. It wasn't until 11 when I climbed aboard the later ill-fated Windjammer Surf Racers at Knott's (much against my will, I almost crapped my pants before boarding) and officially planted the seed to become the enthusiast that I am today.

Windjammer planted your seed huh?

Wow.

/\ UHHH. Could I buy that shirt off of you? The only thing that I have that keeps my memory of it alive is a little bitchy keychain I bought when the ride came out and some disposable camera shots of it in action. And I lost the negatives to them.

And it could be that the employees gave you peculiar glances for wearing the shirt because that ride A) Is no longer at the park; B) What are the odds of someone buying a WJ logo tee and wearing it visiting the park; C) It's humorous. WJ was regarded as a pain in the ass for the park, and you showing up with it on your t-shirt is comical.

The good thing about riding it when you were "kids" is that your head probably never hit the restraint. I know Bethany LOVED it when she was little and never understood what I was talking about when I would say the ride was "rough as hell!!!"

--Robb

I didnt get to much head banging on it when i was a youngin, then again, I also didn't get that much on Viper, and others. So being barely tall enough to ride has its advantages, I guess. But those days are gone.

Mabey I have a long neck or something. Cause I don't experience all this head banging that you all have problems with. My shoulders always rest comfortably against the inside of the OTSR and my head pokes out over the top.

I dislike OTSR restraints mostly because they limit the floating feeling that I love sooooo much.

Guy "I love to float." Koepp

T A T S U !

Mabey I have a long neck or something. Cause I don't experience all this head banging that you all have problems with. My shoulders always rest comfortably against the inside of the OTSR and my head pokes out over the top.

I dislike OTSR restraints mostly because they limit the floating feeling that I love sooooo much.

Sounds like you're at a very comfortable height and build for those rides.

It's all down to your build as to how well you fit the restraints. I'm pretty short, and on Vekoma looping trains the restraints don't lock right down onto my body, there's always a bit room for me to move.

It wasn't until 11 when I climbed aboard the later ill-fated Windjammer Surf Racers at Knott's (much against my will, I almost crapped my pants before boarding) and officially planted the seed to become the enthusiast that I am today.

Dude, you have some serious problems if Wind Jammer made you an enthusiast. It should've made you dislike coasters more.

Brent "that coaster sucked even though I was like 7 when I went on it" Shenton

The only two coasters that have inflicted any physical pain on me were...

Desperado- Two bruised Lats, cause the fibreglass seats are very narrow and rub right there for me. However I must note that it took 8 straingt rides on it before any bruising occured.

The George Forman flying grill of Death - (AKA Flying coaster @ Elitch Gardens) This one gave me a bloody nose.

Guy "Everything else was an exceptable level of roughness." Koepp

The only two coasters that have inflicted any physical pain on me were...

Desperado- Two bruised Lats, cause the fibreglass seats are very narrow and rub right there for me. However I must note that it took 8 straingt rides on it before any bruising occured.

The George Forman flying grill of Death - (AKA Flying coaster @ Elitch Gardens) This one gave me a bloody nose.

Guy "Everything else was an exceptable level of roughness." Koepp

The Rat Cage of Doom too!!! (AKA Flying coaster @ Elitch Gardens) Although I enjoyed this without any pain or bloody noses!!

Yes that's right Guy!!! You just reminded me about Desperado! That was the only and I say ONLY coaster that actually caused me pain and gave me a bruise even after one ride!! Ya damn those narrow fiberglass seats!!

Mike "Everything else was an ENJOYABLE level of roughness" Black