TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

WDW Disney's Hollywood Studios Discussion Thread

Doesn't mean they wont....

In fact... im hearing Heart Attack.

btw, heres some lovely reporting from Orlando Sentinel.... joy

HEAR THE 911 CALL!!!!

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/business/tourism/orl-bk-disney911call1,0,5444412.mp3file?coll=orl-home-headlines

Guests React!!!

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/business/tourism/orl-bk-disneyvisitors06292006,0,1567373.story?coll=orl-home-headlines

Eugena Pruitt, 64, of Virginia: "They should inspect and find out what is causing the deaths. Three in one year�that's more than average."

Larry Wagner, retired schoolteacher from Hammond, La.: "It seems like things have changed a lot in respect to safety. I'll tell you I'm not surprised that this has happened�We come here every year, we've been coming here for the last 20 years�I think the lack of safety is an issue these days, the workers nowadays let people do what they please."

Rene Boylan, 41, of Easton, Pa., whose 7-year-old was on the roller coaster the other day and came back wanting to go on it today: "This breaks my heart. It really worries me now about roller coasters. I might start rethinking some of these rides for him. The roller coasters seem to be going to extremes now. I might be more cautious as to what I let him go on�(Disney) might have to rethink the height requirements so you don't have so many young kids going on them."

What a bunch of morons.

Chris Swift, 30, of Cheshire, England: "I've been on the ride, it's a calm coaster compared to most "I would let my kids go on the ride if they wanted to."

At least this guy is level headed and isn't reactionary.

(Disney) might have to rethink the height requirements so you don't have so many young kids going on them.
#

How about an age limit if you're so worried about young kids...that way you arent disciminating against Oompa Loompas...

Doesn't mean they wont....

In fact... im hearing Heart Attack.

btw, heres some lovely reporting from Orlando Sentinel.... joy

HEAR THE 911 CALL!!!!

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/business/tourism/orl-bk-disney911call1,0,5444412.mp3file?coll=orl-home-headlines

Guests React!!!

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/business/tourism/orl-bk-disneyvisitors06292006,0,1567373.story?coll=orl-home-headlines

Eugena Pruitt, 64, of Virginia: "They should inspect and find out what is causing the deaths. Three in one year�that's more than average."

Larry Wagner, retired schoolteacher from Hammond, La.: "It seems like things have changed a lot in respect to safety. I'll tell you I'm not surprised that this has happened�We come here every year, we've been coming here for the last 20 years�I think the lack of safety is an issue these days, the workers nowadays let people do what they please."

Rene Boylan, 41, of Easton, Pa., whose 7-year-old was on the roller coaster the other day and came back wanting to go on it today: "This breaks my heart. It really worries me now about roller coasters. I might start rethinking some of these rides for him. The roller coasters seem to be going to extremes now. I might be more cautious as to what I let him go on�(Disney) might have to rethink the height requirements so you don't have so many young kids going on them."

Wow. That 911 call is quite telling. Disney's lack of any coordination whatsoever isn't a good sign. In the middle part where he's asking about the AED, what is the response? We're discussing this in the related Disney lawsuit thread.

Matt

That's always a tricky situation. I know I was working a Troika one time - with a height requirement of 40 inches to ride, 54 to ride without an adult. This girl and her mom came in. The girl must have been about 13 - not old enough to be a chaperone. The mom was well below the 54 inch height requirement... So the girl was tall enough to ride without an adult - but the mother wasn't. I let them on anyway.

52 inches is already a pretty high height requirement. Di$ney has been having terrible luck lately.

Chris Swift, 30, of Cheshire, England: "I've been on the ride, it's a calm coaster compared to most�I would let my kids go on the ride if they wanted to."

Thank you Mr. Swift. At least they found one sensible person to interview. I wouldn't be surprised if this guy eventually gets blamed:

She said No on the AED... that they even asked is odd, some must have been added to property... i am pretty sure there are none anywhere in sunset though. I wonder where they put them, as Sunset would to me be a priority area considering its two anchoring attractions....

I bet the family of the boy is Crying. I really don't think they're feeling any Sweet Emotion right now. But if you think Disney is going to change the ride, well, Dream On. After many millions of riders, it's Amazing this was the first death. Maybe I'm just Jaded, but I know to check the warning signs. Riders need to know if they Walk This Way into the ride with a pre-existing condition, bad things could happen. When you go on any extreme ride, you know you're Living On The Edge.

The family will probably try to Eat The Rich, and sue Disney. Hopefully the mother won't try to take justice into her own hands. Janie's Got A Gun at MGM.

I'm really interested in finding out what happens with this incident. I'll be checking the thread constantly, cuz I Don't Wanna Miss A Thing.

She said No on the AED... that they even asked is odd, some must have been added to property... i am pretty sure there are none anywhere in sunset though. I wonder where they put them, as Sunset would to me be a priority area considering its two anchoring attractions....

That they asked isn't odd. AED's are becoming quite prolific and it is usually asked anytime a 911 call comes from a business these days.

What's odd and unfortunate is that she said no.

Matt

Yeah, I'd venture to guess there will be one on everything from ToT to the parking tram now.

I bet the family of the boy is Crying. I really don't think they're feeling any Sweet Emotion right now. But if you think Disney is going to change the ride, well, Dream On. After many millions of riders, it's Amazing this was the first death. Maybe I'm just Jaded, but I know to check the warning signs. Riders need to know if they Walk This Way into the ride with a pre-existing condition, bad things could happen. When you go on any extreme ride, you know you're Living On The Edge.

The family will probably try to Eat The Rich, and sue Disney. Hopefully the mother won't try to take justice into her own hands. Janie's Got A Gun at MGM.

I'm really interested in finding out what happens with this incident. I'll be checking the thread constantly, cuz I Don't Wanna Miss A Thing.

Hilarious!

That they asked isn't odd. AED's are becoming quite prolific and it is usually asked anytime a 911 call comes from a business these days.

Matt

Well it wouldn't be odd if it were a regular 911 dispatch... but it wasnt, it was Reedy Creek. It was the company's 911 disppatch and he was asking all the company questions, that one was... new... to me at least.

Matt

Well it wouldn't be odd if it were a regular 911 dispatch... but it wasnt, it was Reedy Creek. It was the company's 911 disppatch and he was asking all the company questions, that one was... new... to me at least.

I'm clearly not familar with WDW's emergency services. Are you implying that the Reedy Creek dispatch services WDW and only WDW?

Matt

Robb, are you still looking for a T-shirt design? I nominate this work of art immediately. Wes, you are one seriously messed up individual.......

Marry me.

I probably shouldn't be posting anything, but I must.

Just to say that the person who called 911 is my hero. You have no idea. She was talking on a phone, intercom, radio, and atleast 1 manager, and 2 CMs in her little area all at the same time. She kept everything running smoothly on the track and in the building. While it may sound like she was really crazy and didn't know what was going on, she did an amazing job. I salute her.

Wes ftw!

awesome... just awesome. Im tickled Pink reading that. I wonder do wonder if theis kid had any Toys In The Attic like a bum ticker.

I'm clearly not familar with WDW's emergency services. Are you implying that the Reedy Creek dispatch services WDW and only WDW?

The Reedy Creek Improvement District is a local governing body created by and for the Walt Disney World Resort, so that the parks wouldn't be subject to any state or city zoning or land use regulations that they didn't themselves create.

See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reedy_Creek_Improvement_District

Matt

Matt

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reedy_Creek_Improvement_District

Reedy Creek IS WDW.

That is why you are tauhgt to only call 911 from a company phone and to not allow people to call from a cell phone and such.

someone beat me to it...

the rotten.com link about reedy creek on the wiki page is an interesting read though. Im gonna try to dig up some of the stuff from my last time through Traditions.

The Reedy Creek Improvement District is a local governing body created by and for the Walt Disney World Resort, so that the parks wouldn't be subject to any state or city zoning or land use regulations that they didn't themselves create.

See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reedy_Creek_Improvement_District

I"m aware of what the RCID is. Emergency services districts don't necessarilly follow other districts, however.

About the AED. They probably didn't have one because I don't think every employee hired at Disney has to be CPR certified so they most likely wouldn't know how to use one anyway, although it really doesn't take a genius to operate one as most all of them talk to you and walk you through every step. I am sure they have them with Emergency Services. AED's are quite common and very small and it being DISNEY they probably have many. lol. Plus, you have to know CPR to use one.

Nick C.