TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

WDW Disney's Hollywood Studios Discussion Thread

How did that "ruin" anything?

Well some people, like myself, aren't fond of those little ponies or the male fanbase of said ponies, and we don't like it when these "bronies" come along and incorporate their precious ponies into our beloved geek realms (Star Wars, Doctor Who, etc.).

EDIT: Don't mean to start a flame war or anything, just stating how some of us find those "bronies" to ruin our beloved geek realms.

Well some people, like myself, aren't fond of those little ponies or the male fanbase of said ponies, and we don't like it when these "bronies" come along and incorporate their precious ponies into our beloved geek realms (Star Wars, Doctor Who, etc.).

EDIT: Don't mean to start a flame war or anything, just stating how some of us find those "bronies" to ruin our beloved geek realms.

I understand, but I don't see how that "ruined" anything. He was just carrying a pony in a jedi costume. Didn't affect anyone else, really.

This takes me back to the early 1980s, when I was staying at the Disneyland Hotel with some college buddies. We got into the elevator one morning, it stopped at the next floor, and in walked a Star Fleet "commodore." Our reaction was, "er, OK." There were Stormtroopers wandering around the lobby, too. Yes Star Wars was making inroads into the Star Trek convention business even back then.

Looks like this weekend takes it up to 11.

I understand, but I don't see how that "ruined" anything. He was just carrying a pony in a jedi costume. Didn't affect anyone else, really.

It's f**king disgusting. It's awful, And it's not "just a pony", it's a children's toy....made for young, toddler age girls. And a disgusting, creepy grown man is carrying it around a theme park, filled with little kids who are attracted to the toy. He might as well just be molesting children. Seriously, it's awful. If you think this is "perfectly acceptable", then you are awful too. Get off our forums and stay away from my family.

Look - it's one thing if you're a fan of a kids show, and you watch it, and you post about it to a forum, or attend some creepy brony convention full of adults, etc. But if you can't see why it's NOT APPROPRIATE to carry this stuffed animal around a park full of kids, then you have serious mental issues.

Edited by robbalvey

Alrighty then...is Adam (or you) a die-hard "Star Wars" fan? Take this short quiz to find out!

1.) What is the name of Chewbacca's home planet?

2.) What was Luke's callsign in Episode IV?

3.) What was the name of Luke's co-pilot in Episode V?

4.) Where is a woman's G-spot?

Honestly, I was distrubed and intrigued at the photos at the same time. I am set to geek out at Star Wars Weekends in a few weeks.

1. Kashyyk

2. Red 5

3. Dak.

It's f**king disgusting. It's awful, And it's not "just a pony", it's a children's toy....made for young, toddler age girls. And a disgusting, creepy grown man is carrying it around a theme park, filled with little kids who are attracted to the toy. He might as well just be molesting children. Seriously, it's awful. If you think this is "perfectly acceptable", then you are awful too. Get off our forums and stay away from my family.

Look - it's one thing if you're a fan of a kids show, and you watch it, and you post about it to a forum, or attend some creepy brony convention full of adults, etc. But if you can't see why it's NOT APPROPRIATE to carry this stuffed animal around a park full of kids, then you have serious mental issues.

I see what you mean now, by saying that's inappropriate to carry the toy around. Although, I highly doubt he had those awful intentions.

As a fan of the show, obviously, I would not go as far as he did, carrying a toy around (I find that slightly embarrassing).

^ I totally agree. I'm sure he didn't think it would be inappropriate...but I'm also sure he didn't think.

I just wish some people would pay better attention to their surroundings and just take a moment to think about stuff like this and how it looks to others.

Alrighty then...is Adam (or you) a die-hard "Star Wars" fan? Take this short quiz to find out!

Honestly, I was distrubed and intrigued at the photos at the same time. I am set to geek out at Star Wars Weekends in a few weeks.

1. Kashyyk

2. Red 5

3. Dak.

I see you avoided question # 4.

I should have heeded the warnings. I am now scarred for life. I'm glad that I have no idea what that little pink unicorn thing in the Jedi outfit is supposed to be, but still completely creeped out by it and the dude carrying it. I found a picture of his vehicle on the web:

untitled.png.aea52e0a52d9f4a69107faaab2e956ba.png

As the mom of a five year old who loves My Little Pony, I found myself having to explain to KT what that picture was.

KT: "Mom, why is that man playing with Twilight Sparkle and why did he dress her in a costume like that? She wouldn't like to wear that!"

Me: "Don't worry about it, let's move on."

If you want to sit in your mom's basement and watch it and collect toys and stuffed animals that's fine, but bringing a modified pony toy to a children's theme park as a grown man is certainly a bit much.

1. Kashyyk

2. Red 5

3. Dak.

I see you avoided question # 4.

I'm married and old. I either know where it is, or she's lying to keep me happy. I know for sure about Red 5.

In all seriousness, I considered graphically describing the location, but this seems the wrong place/time. For what it's worth, crotch knowledge is part of how I make money.