TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Will Flashback (SFMM) be operating in 2006?

NO!!! DON'T OPEN!!! JUST TEAR THE DAMN THING DOWN!!!!!!!!

Kevin"That ride is from hell!"Bujold

Who knows if it's from hell, a coaster is a coaster. I don't care what they do to it. If it opens it might help Six Flags a bit.

Not really, I don't think many people have flashback as the first thing that comes to mind when they think of magic mountain. It would probably be smarter to halp improve the parks image then restore an old ride that no one outside of the coaster enthusiast world cares about.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I always enjoyed flashback. I don't recall ever having a beating like some of you describe. If it's just there taking up space, then open it untill you can figure out something to do with the space. I'll ride it.

I thought I heard somewhere that the power supply had been removed and was being used elsewhere in the park. Does anyone know more about that?

Guy "That is what I heard." Koepp

^ I read the same thing about the power but I can't remember where I read it.

As for the ride itself. I rode it many times on numerous trips in the 90's and never had a ride that didn't create a lot of head banging. I would put it on about the same level as Psyclone as far as enjoyable goes. But I would still rather see them open it than just let it rot. And knowing me I'd still ride the damn thing. I seem to always find myself riding Psyclone once each trip I make even though its a world class POS.

Robb was saying something about the power supply being moved over to the new Hurricane Harbor funnel attraction. However, I'm not sure where I heard him say it, whether it was here in the forums or when we were talking in Wisconsin Dells.

Paul "Didn't have a problem with Revolution's OTSRs" Miller

It is a shame to see a coaster that is just being left to gather dust.

I think that is Shapiro's thinking- If you have a ride either:

1 Fix it up, get it running or

2 Tear it out and get something else in that either entertains or generates revenue.

I totally understand his point of view. If Flashback turns out to be unsustainable, then they can tear it out and put something else there. I understand it's on a large FLAT concrete pad...

They should reopen it. Granted that sometimes the ride can be a litte rough but that dosent mean that it is a bad coaster. The trains should be updated, in fact a whole new train. I dont really like that fact that in the front, its hard to see over the nose...but i dont think that they should take it out completely, either move it or enclose it or both! But dont take it out.

Flashback enclosed would be awesome! Add in some cool laser light effects. Mabey a floating head or two during the straight parts. Viola'! You have a cool ass dark ride.

Guy "A 200' Dueling Screaming Squirrel would be better though." Koepp

Just run too many cars on it, so they bump into each other once in a while and call it Magic Mountain's Space Screamin'

Let's just be glad they never fit Flashback with stand-up cars.....

togo stand up cars

Flashback isn't a togo!!

Please do a bit more research on coasters before you say anything about them!!

RCDB is your friend!

i know, it was a joke showing how much it would hurt, next time read more carefully, sense of humor is your friend

^Well your sense of humor is very vague and misunderstood. I am glad that you do know that it is not a togo. I appologize.

I was thinking that enclosing Flashback dark ride would be a great idea but that would make it worse for the first timers. They wont be able to anticipate the crazy turns coming up and would make it a rougher ride. For me I think that would be great cuz I like rough rides. So anyways I was thinking maybe have it enclosed but have it slightly lit up inside so you can see the track.

You're seriously lucky. Enclosing may help it not look so old and rusty, but it won't stop this! I doubt Six Flags will prevent the headbanging. I still say replace it with a Spinning coaster. California needs one badly!