TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Official Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage thread!

Since there's only a year until opening, I thought we could use an official thread.

I have high hopes for this ride! Have you noticed that disney rides that are based around a new technology are awsome? Indianna, Star Tours, Journey (Maybe not test track though), Everest, and MGM TOT are all examples.

Share your opinions!

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not, IMO. This is probably one of the least interesting Disney projects in the past 20 years. This seems right up there with Stitch Encounter and Tiki Room - Under New Management.

I never liked the Subs when they were subs and I can't imagine that Nemo will grab my attention either.

--Robb

Not, IMO. This is probably one of the least interesting Disney projects in the past 20 years. This seems right up there with Stitch Encounter and Tiki Room - Under New Management.

I never liked the Subs when they were subs and I can't imagine that Nemo will grab my attention either.

--Robb

The subs always seemed like a cool idea when you're a kid and looking at them from the outside-but once you get on, the ride was a total bore!

The Tiki room was totally awesome state-of-the-art when it opened, it's still pretty cool in a kitschy kind of way.

Just a thought about the monorail. Didn't they run it forward and backward along one stretch during DCA construction?

Anyway, it's a shame that it's only taking one-way trips. Sometimes a round trip ride on the monorail is just the thing to fill in time between FastPasses or just to ride something.

Eric

^ So was the PeopleMover.

Oops. Sry. That was "before FastPass," heh heh.

The subs reborn, will help ease crowd flow in some spots, at least, yes?

And it's going to still be a nostalgia trip attraction for a few "boomers" I'll bet. So they can share their experience with their own kids, but with something new for them, too.

Worth a shot, than covering it over for another Pooh Playful Spot, hmm?

I remember the PeopleMover and rode it many times. That was fun, too, even though it moved rather slowly and wasn't the smoothest ride in the park. Disney really needs to do something with the old track, or just get rid of it.

About the subs, I thought it was cool and boring at the same time. Honestly, while I'm glad they're coming back for a new generation of familes, I really think the Finding Nemo theme will get old fast, unless they make frequent changes to it.

Eric

Well, with this new projection 'system' they're installing for this update of the ride - they might be able to easily change the "movie" as it were, thereby being able to change the show if they feel like it, maybe?

Dunno. Just an idea.

Well, with this new projection 'system' they're installing for this update of the ride - they might be able to easily change the "movie" as it were, thereby being able to change the show if they feel like it, maybe?

They said that about Star Tours too.

Anyway, I'm not really that excited about this redo. The subs were always kind of meh, and the lines were really long. I can only imagine now that it's been rethemed to the most popular kids movie of the past ten years or so that it will be a twelve hour line full of screaming four year olds.

I not looking forward to riding this ride, persay. The subs have long waits provide a rather claustraphobic expirence.

However, I am glad that the subs are coming back. The Subs, Monorail, Autopia, and the Peoplemover all contribute to a kinetic energy which resonate(ed)s throughout Tomorrowland. Reestablishing that energy in necessary to revitializing Tomorrowland. Not to mention, the ride is simply another thing to do in the park. Also, it may not be an original ride, or an original ride system, but its a nice size for a "filler ride", and should hold me off until Disneyland gets a new e-ticket---whenever that is.

-Jahan