TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

SeaWorld San Diego (SWSD) Discussion Thread

I've been hearing a lot of people, not neccessarily from TPR, but in general talking loads of crap about SeaWorld SD.

Sure we're not the "favorite son" coughOrlandocough but the park is mainly still, as it was when it was founded; a place for animal and marine life research and development.

The scenery is great, the theming is nice and the park's overall atmosphere is better than a lot of other parks I've visited. While it's not perfect, it's still better than how people say it is most of the time,.

When Manta was announced, the amount of crap the park got seemed to sky-rocket. Just because Manta isn't a super intense B&M flyer that kicks butt doesn't mean it won't be a good ride. I mean, LOOK at how much of the park they've excavated for the ride!

Sea World is doing its first major amusement attraction since 2005, and all people are complaining about is the fact that it's not a "better" attraction. Look at how amazing Fanta's scenery (FL Manta). The amount of detail put in was amazing, and the concept art released for this ride looks to be just as impressive.

This is the ride I look most forward ti riding next year, not because I live near the park, but because it will be a very high quality mix of coaster and animal exhibit combined to bring out the best of both. Sure, it's not super extreme and intense, but the ride experience will great for coaster enthusiasts and the general public alike.

Manta is coming along nicely and I cannot wait to come out (hopefully opening day) and ride this great new addition to Sea World SD's attraction lineup.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I cannot wait to ride this thing. It easily looks like one of the best family coasters based on what I've seen so far, and I think it will fit in well with SeaWorld San Diego. After all, I don't think that park really wants to become a major thrill park. Even if they aren't that intense, I'm more glad to see the park adding some rides as its admission price is really too high for an aquarium with a few rides (up until a couple years ago, that's pretty much all the park was).

I guess the "apples to oranges" analogy COULD work for jeeps. They both grow on trees, both can be safely eaten, both have seeds...

Would that be a Wrangler or a Grand Cherokee?

I guess the "apples to oranges" analogy COULD work for jeeps. They both grow on trees, both can be safely eaten, both have seeds...

Aren't they manufactured, didn't realize jeeps grew on tree nor could be eaten.

I'm guessing that we'll see the track layout be completed by Christmas, and testing will probably not begin till around Feb. so they can get the LSMs and all the ride electronics installed and Mack finishes train construction.

And that's only if they decide to test it sans the theming.

So far it's looking great!

Bit more done by Friday the 4th (in the rain )

And heres a bit more, at approx 12:07 Friday 4th November standing at the top of the Sea Lion stadium - that OK for you?)

Edited by robbalvey

Aren't they manufactured, didn't realize jeeps grew on tree nor could be eaten.

Jeep=GP. I saw someone else use it on the site.

Jeep = trademarked name of a vehicle

Taking a two letter "abbreviation/acronym" and lengthening it four letter word of defeats the purpose, doesn't it?

I saw someone commit suicide in a movie, that doesn't make suicide a good idea.

I could actually se both the other Sea World parks getting one of these, it would fit great in both. With a different theme for Florida of course.

I was actually talking about Sea World San Antonio getting a Manta themed ride since both the other parks have one. But if you were talking about the two other parks getting a Mack launched coaster, then yes it would fit great with both the other parks. Who knows, this may be Journey to Atlantis all over again.

I am actually excited that they got this coaster, they really needed more rides here. I guess Ill have to go down there next year,though I dont really care for the park.

Lookin' good! Going up pretty fast!

Think the jeeps will like this ride regardless of it not being like the other Manta at the Florida Sea World park!

For everyone who doesn't know, jeeps means GPs... though it makes no sense to say that...

This coaster will be good I'm sure, but the park really needs a legit dark ride. I don't see why that should be so difficult to go through with the California coastal Commission since the building wouldn't have to be too terribly high; plus, they could always dig into the ground like USH has done with Transformers.