TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

SeaWorld San Diego (SWSD) Discussion Thread

p. 61: Jewels of the Sea Jellyfish Experience coming in 2024!

Gotta laugh at the tagline..."One of the most anticipated rides in the US."  I forgot this even existed haha.

Nice to see B&M going with retractable vertical fins for the magnetic brakes, like Intamin, rather than the fixed horizontal fins they've used in the past.

Nice addition to the park, definitely.

8 hours ago, Mike240SX said:

Gotta laugh at the tagline..."One of the most anticipated rides in the US."  I forgot this even existed haha.

Nice to see B&M going with retractable vertical fins for the magnetic brakes, like Intamin, rather than the fixed horizontal fins they've used in the past.

Nice addition to the park, definitely.

I believe all of the junior dive machines use this style magnetic brakes. I think it is just something about this train design. 

Emperor looks short but sweet.  I think it's a solid addition to the lineup, and I'm very interested to see what difference the smaller trains make.  I tend to find Dive coasters a bit... lumbering.  But hopefully the smaller trains add a little quickness.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/16/2022 at 3:30 AM, CedarFlags said:

Emperor looks short but sweet.  I think it's a solid addition to the lineup, and I'm very interested to see what difference the smaller trains make.  I tend to find Dive coasters a bit... lumbering.  But hopefully the smaller trains add a little quickness.

I much preferred Baron at Efteling with the smaller trains over any of the larger dive coasters. It does indeed feel more agile and less like a freight train, plus normal OTSR's which on a dive coaster are a must (vests ruin Valravn, IMO).

We were at SWSD a few weeks ago and the ride looked great. But why the hell is every single coaster in this park the same shade of blues? Is it some weird city requirement or is it just Sea World trying to make everything look this way? Genuinely curious. Skyline would look so much better with some variance in color with their large structures.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Invertalon said:

I much preferred Baron at Efteling with the smaller trains over any of the larger dive coasters. It does indeed feel more agile and less like a freight train, plus normal OTSR's which on a dive coaster are a must (vests ruin Valravn, IMO).

We were at SWSD a few weeks ago and the ride looked great. But why the hell is every single coaster in this park the same shade of blues? Is it some weird city requirement or is it just Sea World trying to make everything look this way? Genuinely curious. Skyline would look so much better with some variance in color with their large structures.

I believe they have to blend in with the sky. I think anything over some low height of like 30 or something needs a special waiver and be blended with the sky

• Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, Invertalon said:

54 minutes ago, grsupercity said:

I believe they have to blend in with the sky. I think anything over some low height of like 30 or something needs a special waiver and be blended with the sky

I was gonna say everything is blue because SEAworld...

Think it looks pretty cool. It doesn't kill all its speed by barreling into a MCBR after an element so yeah seems better than lots of the big ones tbh Have no idea how it feels but I did kind of hope the smaller layout would a tad more forceful. Can't tell from a POV but yeah looks fun! I won't bother griping about vests since I know that is just the standard now but tis a damn shame still.

• 2 weeks later...

As a fair-skinned former ride operator, Emperor’s lack of a station roof makes me cringe… 

That said, I like the look of the ride’s layout! Yes, it’s shorter than some of the other dive coasters, but I totally agree that the pacing seems much better without a MCBR placed two elements in.

Robb, are you going to post your Emperor video? Also what did you think of it compared to other B&M Dives? I’ve ridden valravyn and Shiekra and personally thought it was better mainly because of there being no mid course trim. Curious to see your thoughts. Thanks 

On 3/11/2022 at 12:26 AM, TopThrill182 said:

As a fair-skinned former ride operator, Emperor’s lack of a station roof makes me cringe… 

That said, I like the look of the ride’s layout! Yes, it’s shorter than some of the other dive coasters, but I totally agree that the pacing seems much better without a MCBR placed two elements in.

Indeed. It depends how forceful the ride is (I assume not very much at all) but its more compact and less hitting a wall lol nature has me thinking it could be better than the big ones. We shall see!

Just throwing in my opinion of Emperor. The ride itself is actually really good and probably in the top of the Dive Coasters. I love that it doesn't have a midcourse or the same repeat sections that so many of the dive coasters have.  They do need to theme it up a  bit more though, and KT and I got super sunburned while at the park!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/15/2022 at 7:37 AM, jarmor said:

Sooooo. . . anther Manta???

That's exactly what I thought when I first saw the layout.  Evidently it's going to be more like Wave Breaker at SWSA, so that should differentiate it a bit from Manta, which is an underrated coaster IMO.

• 4 weeks later...

I just watched another Emperor POV and I'm mad all over again.  Who the heck decided that the ride experience for the penguin coaster was going to be "zooming around a giant pile of gravel"?  Just a little bit of theming work would have made such a strong impact.  Some rock work with "snow" like on the walls of their animal habitats, and a little water feature (maybe at the bottom of the drop, so you dive into it).  Hell, even just making some of the gravel blue to suggest the idea of water.

It's such a massive downgrade in presentation from what we've seen Sea World be capable of.

• Like 1