TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

SeaWorld San Diego (SWSD) Discussion Thread

p. 61: Jewels of the Sea Jellyfish Experience coming in 2024!

I have been waiting for this day for many many years. Sea World San Diego finally gets a real coaster, and it looks pretty damn good. I'm gonna have to head down there next year and try it out.

^I could see more trains if they give it a little 'preshow' similar to BlueFire. It could go through a tank and then launch out or something cool. Plus the Busch/SeaWorld parks have a history of buying lots of trains so they don't ever have to go to a one train operation due to mechanical reasons.

It's about time for SeaWorld San Diego to get a major new attraction. I believe their last one was Journey to Atlantis in 2004. This honestly looks like it could end up being one of the best family coasters out there. It is exciting enough that everyone will want to ride it, but not scary enough that kids will have a problem with it. It looks like I'll have to visit SeaWorld again next year (I think I last visited in 2006) so that I can give this a try.

Awesome! I've had so many opportunities to go to Sea World SD with my sister and nephew, but have declined because of the lack of coasters - I went there once in middle school and have not back since. With this addition, I'll definitely head down there!

On a similar note - my sister/nephew visit SWSD a lot - perhaps I can ask her to take some construction photos once they break ground.

I really think this is a great bit of news for SWSD... and loooong overdue.

Not the tallest, nor the fastest- but a very dynamic layout that looks like there's a few good pops of g's in the right spots, and some fluid banking.

Kudos to SWSD for their new 'baby'- and I can't wait to ride it!

R.D.

^I could see more trains if they give it a little 'preshow' similar to BlueFire. It could go through a tank and then launch out or something cool. Plus the Busch/SeaWorld parks have a history of buying lots of trains so they don't ever have to go to a one train operation due to mechanical reasons.

If I remember correctly, then R. Mack once said, that apart from a littlebit of extra testing in the Morning during the first Month Blue Fire was NEVER down the first Season. Not even one Minute. This could easily be the Reason for SeaWorld to choose Mack as a Manufacturer. I mean, maybe the reliability of the Coaster was a main Aspect when they had to choose a company to build this...even though Mack is more on the expensive Side AFAIK. And out of the same Reason they might be famous for buying lots of Trains. Just a thought...

Greeds...GeorgeT

I'm a little dissapointed that its not a B&M flyer, however I've never been on a launch coaster quite like this so I'm hoping this will turn out great. gives a bit of coaster variety in the southern California area. Still I would've liked to see that cool splash effect that the one in Orlando has. who knows maybe this one may have the effect implemented in its ride layout some how. Here's hoping!

I'm a little dissapointed that its not a B&M flyer, however I've never been on a launch coaster quite like this so I'm hoping this will turn out great. gives a bit of coaster variety in the southern California area. Still I would've liked to see that cool splash effect that the one in Orlando has. who knows maybe this one may have the effect implemented in its ride layout some how. Here's hoping!

It looks as if a splash effect will be in use for the ride, if you look at the concept art. That launch tunnel with the projected Manta Rays sounds awesome, I can't wait till this thing opens.

One another note, it was mentioned in an interview on the local news that construction should begin in a month!

Can't wait!

-SCC

I'm super excited for this! The artwork looks fantastic and given the popularity of the Manta Ray touch-pools, I'm sure this coaster will be a huge hit!

I've always been a huge fan of the San Diego zoos (San Diego Zoo, Animal Park, and Sea World). This is yet another excuse for me to visit.

It`s ALWAYS interesting to read, that a coaster won`t be able to beat another one, thouht it isn`t even build. I`m pretty sure that most of the other members would agree, that there are so many things that make a ride, that you just cannot judge by the amout of loops.

But no loops at all...man, that coaster is gonna suck for sure, I mean, totally...

Take any roller coaster and add inversions and its automatically better
But no loops at all...man, that coaster is gonna suck for sure, I mean, totally...

Have you ever ridden I305, Millenium Force, SFNE's Bizarro, Nitro, SilverStar, or any other hyper/megacoaster? They have no loops, but they are seriously some of the best rides on the planet.

Still doesn't beat the Manta at SeaWorld Orlando. Take any roller coaster and add inversions and its automatically better

Whoa, once you ride Goliath (Magic Mountain), Silver Star (Europa Park), Hollywood Rip Ride Rockit, I305, Intimidator, and some others, you're going to take back those words.

Edited by StarTrekGeek

• 4 weeks later...