TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

SeaWorld San Diego (SWSD) Discussion Thread

p. 61: Jewels of the Sea Jellyfish Experience coming in 2024!

Hopefully we will have an update soon. We were told the front seat POV for the coaster would be included with the media assets they gave us yesterday at the event... it wasn't... so now I'm waiting until we can get that to post our report. Hopefully it gets here soon as we'd love to share our experience with all of you!

• 3 weeks later...
an article in the local paper about Submarine Quest's status as SBNO. Basically confirming its closed because it is an embarrassment.

http://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/business/tourism/sd-fi-seaworld-submarine-closed-20180531-story.html

Agreed, Submarine Quest is a huge embarassment and the park would be better off just scraping the ride, especially since Legoland is about to open a far superior subarmine ride. I don't know who was responsible for the commisison and design of this ride, but they botched it pretty badly.

• 1 month later...

Hola my fellow theme park junkies! The time has FINALLY arrived once again for me to visit a new park, and since I'm flying to Los Angeles tomorrow, I plan on taking a day drive July. 9 to San Diego for SeaWorld! This is my second SeaWorld park after Orlando, so I'm ready to compare the two. I have my admission ticket, quick que (plus one express pass for Electric Eel), and parking ticket. I'm definitely aiming for Electric Eel first because I've never been on a Sky Rocket II model, but any other tips I need to know about before I visit?

Hola my fellow theme park junkies! The time has FINALLY arrived once again for me to visit a new park, and since I'm flying to Los Angeles tomorrow, I plan on taking a day drive July. 9 to San Diego for SeaWorld! This is my second SeaWorld park after Orlando, so I'm ready to compare the two. I have my admission ticket, quick que (plus one express pass for Electric Eel), and parking ticket. I'm definitely aiming for Electric Eel first because I've never been on a Sky Rocket II model, but any other tips I need to know about before I visit?

Stay until the park closes for Electric Ocean, don't miss Orca Encounter, try to marathon Electric Eel and Manta when it gets late, get a front row ride on Manta while doing that marathon, and look for a good Taco Shop outside of the park and get a carne asada/California burrito for dinner, you can't miss out on it.

This one is totally up to you, but don't forget that Belmont Park is only 2 miles away if you're interested in riding a historic wooden coaster. I'm planning a trip to SWSD later this month and I totally forgot Giant Dipper existed, so I'm thinking about heading over in the evening after SeaWorld and checking it out since I've never been.

Again, it's all up to you and how late you're planning on staying at SeaWorld, but I thought I would at least bring it up.

Beyond the rides, just be prepared for a potentially awful drive. That route between LA to SD has taken me 4 hours in the past with traffic.

Shipwreck Rapids is a good rapids ride and if it's the same as 2014, they have a single rider line that was almost always a walk-on.

Beyond the rides, just be prepared for a potentially awful drive. That route between LA to SD has taken me 4 hours in the past with traffic.

Shipwreck Rapids is a good rapids ride and if it's the same as 2014, they have a single rider line that was almost always a walk-on.

It depends on when you leave. It can be done in 2-2.5 hours as well. I left Hollywood at 10AM for the SD Fair and was to Del Mar at 11:45.

Hola! Just to let everyone know I had a great time at SeaWorld San Diego! I really didn't need a quick que because every thing was basically a walk-on! Even the new roller coaster Electric Eel was only a 10 min wait! ONLY 10 MIN WAIT! The longest line of the day was on Journey To Atlantis which was a 30 MIN wait, but I only waited 2 MINS (quick que came in handy then). But a full trip report is coming soon so stay tuned!

One last thing: TRAFFIC WAS AWFUL DRIVING TO SAN DIEGO!!!!!!!!!!!!! But I made it 45 mins before the park opened so it still worked out. LOL.

^That's nice to hear you had a good time. I really like the park a lot and I'm excited to ride Electric Eel in a few weeks.

And yeah, traffic getting in and out of San Diego is always terrible.

Thanks! And you're going to enjoy Electric Eel! It was my first Sky Rocket II model and I must say they pack a punch!

^That's nice to hear you had a good time. I really like the park a lot and I'm excited to ride Electric Eel in a few weeks.

And yeah, traffic getting in and out of San Diego is always terrible.

Thanks! And you're going to enjoy Electric Eel! It was my first Sky Rocket II model and I must say they pack a punch!

I'm excited too! I have yet to ride a Sky Rocket II, however my first one will technically be Superman at SFDK since I will be riding that one a few days before going to SWSD.

Even though it's rather short, I really enjoy Full Throttle for what it is, so if these models are anything like that, count me in. I'm curious to see the differences in the 2- and 3-car versions, restraints aside. I'm sure the forces in the front and back cars are much more exaggerated.

^ Having ridden a few of the 2 car versions and Tempesto at Busch Gardens, I don't really think the extra car made much of a difference. I was expecting there to be stronger air in the back on the drop, but it's already really strong on the 2 car and really can't get much better to be honest.

So, I didn't think I'd have a favorite Sky Rocket II model. But having ridden Superman, Tempesto, and now this, I can confidently say that even with the awful "comfort" collars, this is the best of the clones I've ridden!

It just feels so much taller, since everything else in the park is so low to the ground (thanks Donna Frye! ) Also, you get great views of the bay from all the high points of the ride.

Also, the entrance plaza is really nice. It's crazy how much the ride experience improves when a ride is the main attraction at one park, but a looked-down upon filler ride at another.

589857423_ElectricEelSanDiego.thumb.png.10d112c381b9be2a1ed51c8e6695c726.png

• 3 weeks later...

SeaWorld San Diego is getting a Skyline Attractions Skywarp Horizon for 2019!

Blueprints uncovered by Screamscape indicate the Skywarp Horizons model will be built in the back of the park.

Here's TPRs picture of the model from last year's IAAPA

Here is the exact location in the park where it'll be located. I took this last weekend. The building on the right will be demolished

RLFVOXY.jpg

So, I didn't think I'd have a favorite Sky Rocket II model. But having ridden Superman, Tempesto, and now this, I can confidently say that even with the awful "comfort" collars, this is the best of the clones I've ridden!

It just feels so much taller, since everything else in the park is so low to the ground (thanks Donna Frye! ) Also, you get great views of the bay from all the high points of the ride.

Also, the entrance plaza is really nice. It's crazy how much the ride experience improves when a ride is the main attraction at one park, but a looked-down upon filler ride at another.

It's truly a great ride! Since this was my first Sky Rocket II model, I had nothing to compare to before, but I must say Electric Eel was fantastic!

• 2 weeks later...
If they get the kinks worked out I can picture them being fun rides.

What are you referencing?

Probably the terrible reviews from the ride at SFDK!

"Shaky"

"Slow"

"No interaction with the other side"

"Rough"

"Uninteresting"