TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

SeaWorld San Diego (SWSD) Discussion Thread

p. 61: Jewels of the Sea Jellyfish Experience coming in 2024!

I'm just waiting for that ride Seaworld, that submarine ride definitely dint' help my interest or anyone's interest for that matter lol.

Can confirm, I was a ride op for Sub Quest all last summer and no one should be interested in that thing, even three year olds would find themselves bored. I've never encountered a "dark ride" that had so many issues either, I can't tell you how many times we had to evac riders off that thing. Definitely not the type of attraction you would expect from a park like SeaWorld.

I’m really liking the colors! They look almost identical to Manta’s, but that’s definitely not a bad thing!

They aren't identical colors at all. Manta has light/sky blue supports with royal blue track. Electric Eel has sea foam supports and pale blue track.

That was poor wording on my part. I guess I should have said “similar” since I knew somebody was going to correct me.

Ow2LBO7.gif

I'm just waiting for that ride Seaworld, that submarine ride definitely dint' help my interest or anyone's interest for that matter lol.

Can confirm, I was a ride op for Sub Quest all last summer and no one should be interested in that thing, even three year olds would find themselves bored. I've never encountered a "dark ride" that had so many issues either, I can't tell you how many times we had to evac riders off that thing. Definitely not the type of attraction you would expect from a park like SeaWorld.

Submarine Quest was definitely a miss on the parks part. I have a feeling they will end up removing it in the future. It has soooo many technical issues.

Submarine Quest was definitely a miss on the parks part. I have a feeling they will end up removing it in the future. It has soooo many technical issues.

Plus it's just a flat-out terrible ride. I know the intended audience is younger children, but my kids thought it was incredibly lame.

I wouldn't be surprised, that thing is a disaster

Definitely not the type of attraction you would expect from a park like SeaWorld.

Antarctica: Empire of the Penguin?

Having been on both rides Sub Quest is the more out of place of the two. The ride itself has nothing to look at other than the screens the "game" is played on and the room where the sub encounters a giant squid (which currently isn't a feature on the ride, this scene involved spraying water at guests onboard the ride but the water would leak into the game monitors on the subs and cause a whole row's screen to black out). It's just a pathetic ride, and given the reactions of leadership at the park I don't see this ride lasting very long, as other users have mentioned above.

I have to say though there were moments I really enjoyed working at this ride that had so many issues, as I often had time to talk with the engineers and mechanics from Chance as well as programmers from Irvine Ondrey (who were onsite often throughout the summer). It was awesome hearing these guys' stories from working in the industry from the construction of Lightning Run at KK to frustrations of programming Lightning Rod and the insane night rides the Irvine guys had on it during testing. Those dudes made some of the late nights cycling Sub Quest so much fun.

Definitely not the type of attraction you would expect from a park like SeaWorld.

Antarctica: Empire of the Penguin?

Having been on both rides Sub Quest is the more out of place of the two. The ride itself has nothing to look at other than the screens the "game" is played on and the room where the sub encounters a giant squid (which currently isn't a feature on the ride, this scene involved spraying water at guests onboard the ride but the water would leak into the game monitors on the subs and cause a whole row's screen to black out). It's just a pathetic ride, and given the reactions of leadership at the park I don't see this ride lasting very long, as other users have mentioned above.

I have to say though there were moments I really enjoyed working at this ride that had so many issues, as I often had time to talk with the engineers and mechanics from Chance as well as programmers from Irvine Ondrey (who were onsite often throughout the summer). It was awesome hearing these guys' stories from working in the industry from the construction of Lightning Run at KK to frustrations of programming Lightning Rod and the insane night rides the Irvine guys had on it during testing. Those dudes made some of the late nights cycling Sub Quest so much fun.

I'm glad we made some of the nights fun!

-=CoasterBP

RCDB shared this on their Facebook today

Wow, that thing is going up fast! I've ridden this model before at SFDK but I'm still excited to check it out at Sea World. Does anyone know if they are getting the two-car or the three-car trains?

RCDB shared this on their Facebook today

Wow, that thing is going up fast! I've ridden this model before at SFDK but I'm still excited to check it out at Sea World. Does anyone know if they are getting the two-car or the three-car trains?

I believe it is going to have 3 cars like Tempesto. The train was delivered to the park several weeks back.

The park hasn't confirmed it, but since it's within the same chain I strongly suspect it will be identical to Tempesto. The promotional image appears to show a comfort collar/OSTR and I believe Tempesto is the only one with those restraints added as well.

I am looking forward to riding Steel Eel. More and more this ride is growing on me. We're planning a trip to Sea World in this next year for the little one. She just watched both of the Finding Nemo and Dory movies and we went to an Aquarium and she's in love with all the fishes now, so I figure we need to hit Sea World before that wears off.

I'm also starting to think I wouldn't mind if Knott's put one of these in someday, seeing just how tight for space they are and they need more quality thrill rides, even if they don't have great capacity. I'm also of the mind that Sea World and Knott's both having one wouldn't hurt either park. They really do have a different clientele base. I would never go to Sea World just to ride the rides. I go to Sea World for the fish and the rides are a bonus to get me in the gate. But Knott's is, well, Knott's. A ride like this might get more people in the gate and would be a quality addition.

Electric Eel train revealed (No surprise, it's got OTSRs like Tempasta).

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

Complaints about unnecessary restraints aside, I can't wait to see the front of the train. SeaWorld always does an awesome job with awesome front car designs (i.e. both Mantas, Cheetah Hunt, Mako...), so this shouldn't be an exception.

Complaints about unnecessary restraints aside, I can't wait to see the front of the train. SeaWorld always does an awesome job with awesome front car designs (i.e. both Mantas, Cheetah Hunt, Mako...), so this shouldn't be an exception.

Actually, as OTSs go, those look pretty comfortable. And I see no shin bar, so that's a plus. I've only been on SkyRockets with the lap bar, so I'm curious to see how this will compare.

I am still so very disappointed that the Submarine ride was not enclosed into a dark ride. I know the target kid demographic probably doesn't care. But honestly, it makes no sense. It can't have been a cost saving measure because a building has got to be cheaper to build than an elevated "tram" platform.

But back to Electric Eel. I didn't realize how close it was to Atlantis, though it makes sense. That's only spot in the park where anything of that height could be built. Atlantis is 95 feet if I'm not mistaken. I also didn't realize how close it was to the sea lion theater. I wonder how much of an effect the noise will have on the show.

Actually, as OTSs go, those look pretty comfortable. And I see no shin bar, so that's a plus. I've only been on SkyRockets with the lap bar, so I'm curious to see how this will compare.

There is a shin bar. Well, it’s more like a “pad” than a bar, just like every other Premier 2nd-gen train. Look closely.

I actually think they’re very soft and comfortable (at least on Full Throttle), but then again, I’m not very tall. The “comfort collars” also looks quite comfortable. And these Premier coasters are so smooth and well-designed, I bet you won’t even notice they’re there. Can’t wait to ride!