TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Walibi Belgium Discussion Thread

Larger...

dce042f8-6e93-11e5-8c77-f2bce6bb0b9d_web_scale_0.0289352_0.0289352__.thumb.jpg.533edcdca322439f1e8ded7ae73114a7.jpg

17d5a72c-6e94-11e5-8c77-f2bce6bb0b9d_web_scale_0.0289352_0.0289352__.thumb.jpg.31b5d37d6b7d593afce5c54d8527d04a.jpg

...and some facts from the accompanying article:

- this is at CSM in Belgium, which has been making for parts for Mack for 10 years now

- this ride for Walibi uses 600 tons of steel

- CSM has 4 buildings each the size of a football field

- they're currently working on 5 coasters

edit:

And a little extra fact shared by Mack:

CSM usually doesn't make track. This ride is an exception, as the track is relatively simple. All "twisted" track is still exclusively made by Mack themselves in Waldkirch, Germany.

photos: Het Belang van Limburg

• 2 weeks later...

Glad to see a little bit more on how this thing's going to work. I'm even more curious now, because that video gives me the idea there won't be a splash when the car's traveling backwards - I wonder if there will be a retractable floor of some sort to quickly lower the water level, or if I'm just thinking too much into it!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
This is a cool idea. Better concept then Girrafica that was at Holiday World. Hopefully these pop up all over the place.

Pilgrims Plunge wasn't a bad concept, it was basically just a gigantic shoot-the-chute. It wasn't marketed as a roller coaster (was it?). You're better off comparing Pulsar to Divertical.

• 2 weeks later...