TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Walibi Belgium Discussion Thread

I also have to mention that there will be 8 million euros invested in Walibi Belgium over the next 3 years. Probably not for a new attraction (they may change that if Vertigo is really dismantled) but for some maintenace.

I'm personally more happy with some good maintenance because Walibi Belgium really needs it. Flashback, Calamity Mine, Dalton Terror, Cobra, Radja River and Vampire really don't looks good. There were many times that some coasters only opened during the afternoon, and Calamity Mine has been running with 1 train throughout the summer season.

I'm glad that the park is getting some much needed maintenance. They definately deserve it

I hope they get all their money back and more for all the trouble and then they can invest in a good coaster like a B+M Hyper or an Intamin Hyper or something good.

The thing looks ugly and it stands out in a nice looking park. I hope they do remove it.

Because we all know that ugly coasters are ALWAYS awful.

I also have to mention that there will be 8 million euros invested in Walibi Belgium over the next 3 years. Probably not for a new attraction (they may change that if Vertigo is really dismantled) but for some maintenance.

it's not strange that Vertigo will be dismantled for some reasons like the

ride won't work good (malfunctions) or the park's really faced to the cost

runnings for keeping rides in a good quality (maintenance problems)

too bad the builders have spent lots of waste money.

I don't think that it was the park for it. Perhaps the Mack park could take it. They could do something with it, I bet.

If a park without theming theming isn't right for the coaster, than how would that thing fit into the most themed park ever?

How about theming those ugly @$$ triangle supports so that they looks like mountains? And maybe have the ride glide through some tranches and canyons? This thing could go a long way with some theming, but even then, the concept of the ride itself still isnt great.

Well the removal of the track is for making some adjustments to it. It's is not certain whether they'll break the entire ride down or not.

They would normally release information this month, but it's rescheduled for march.

It's also not sure whether the ride will open on march 31 or not. They could delay the opening further if necessary (That is if Walibi decides to keep the ride).

So I want to stress that it's NOT sure if the ride will be broken down or not, Walibi is investigating the issue. But removing all the publicity of the ride is not a good omen...

It's also not sure whether the ride will open on march 31 or not. They could delay the opening further if necessary (That is if Walibi decides to keep the ride).

I'm sure they are not willing to delay the opening agin after how many times.

It is one delay after another after another and then it was delayed a bloody year.

I hope they just get rid of it already.

I say if the ride is not ready to open for march they will get rid of it.

I saw it last year and it does look out of place with it's triangle supports.

You have to support the park for trying to have a ride which is so different.

That's a shame the ride might be taken down before it is open.

If the costs are 2 high and it's very heavy on the Tech side, the Park has no choice but to remove it.

All those man hours lost constructing the ride and creating the foundations etc.

Did the company who owns the "Walibi" parks sell them to another Company, this could be a reason why the ride has to go or just did not fit into the park correctly.

Anyone know how "Turbine" is getting on...? How I miss it.

--------------------------------------------------------

I wish the Park did not put lots of "Chorine" into the water at their onsite- Water Park, it was nearly burning my skin, it's bad enough in England.

All the guys have to wear "Speedo's" no shorts etc. a very grand sight

• 4 weeks later...
Okay so the track that was taken down is going back up, but modified. Doppelmayr changed the layout of Vertigo because there were some trouble with vallying. So therefore they built a new pylon!

Pictures: http://gallery.atpic.com/10465

Ugh so Vertigo isn' going to be taken down as I hoped. In addition they even built an ugly, extra pylon

Oh, stop whining. It's not the end of the world.

Okay so the track that was taken down is going back up, but modified. Doppelmayr changed the layout of Vertigo because there were some trouble with vallying. So therefore they built a new pylon!

Pictures: http://gallery.atpic.com/10465

Ugh so Vertigo isn' going to be taken down as I hoped. In addition they even built an ugly, extra pylon

Oh, stop whining. It's not the end of the world.

Uhm have you seen this thing in real life??? The towers are planted in the Western and Italian area and they totally kill the atmosphere. Cables run over your head. The track and towers are just naked steel. This ride is everywhere and it ruins the skyline of Walibi. You're walking and suddenly there a huge footer in front of you.

A capacity of 800 pph is just not enough for a park like Walibi Belgium. And that capacity will probably be never reached. Radio-communication between the cars will most likely give alot of problems. They are now already having alot of problems with that and it hasn't even opened yet.

And 4 people cars, comon that's just pathetic. Just look at the low capacity of Wild Mouse coasters. A popular park like Walibi Belgium needs higher capacity rides than that.

The ride itself will most likely be not great. Okay it's height will be a good thing but I've seen it testing and it just goes painfully slow. They are already modifying it because they have problems with vallying! And a first drop of 20°, boring slow helixes and probably no airtime at all are also not great

In addition: this coaster takes up money and space were a decent coaster could be put. The place were Tornado once stood is the only place where a decent station could be built. Now that's occupied with Vertigo's station.

And it's opening is delayed by one year. Talking about a good investement Not to mention the track has to be renewed every year! Vertigo is certainly not a long term investement.

I really hoped this coaster would be great and I was really excited about it. But after seeing it working in real life and hearing all the bad news about it, that excitement is melted like snow to the sun. Too bad...

^California Adventure, a park with much higher attendance than Walabi Belgium has a wild mouse...

I don't think that point is very vaild at all. I mean, Mullholland Madness has medium lines and never takes much to get on.

There are uglier things in the world that ruin things more than Vertigo does. Yes, it looks out of place, but that doesn't make it ugly. I think it looks cool. I mean, it isn't the ugliest coaster out there, so I don't see why you need to complain.

I think you'd complain if they didn't build anything at all, so just be thankful they put in a major ride...

^Dude you haven't even been in the park before (I assume) so how could you judge the appearance of the ride in real life? You can't see the whole image on pictures.

Also you can't compare this ride, which is to be the star of the park with Mulholland Madness, just as you can't compare California Adventure with Walibi. Walibi is a thrillpark, while California Adventure is more for the whole family (I think). Walibi needs it's coasters because that's were it's famous for in Belgium and why people come to WB. Their lines are always full (unlike those of the flat rides).

And I'm happy with the concept of this ride, but just not quite with happy with the realization. When I first heard of the idea I was very happy. Finally a new coaster for Walibi! Worlds heighest suspended coaster, speed of 100km/u, it all sounded unreal.

Too bad they couldn't realize the ride like it was ment to be in the beginning: the top speed went from 100 km/u to 60 km/u, the first drop went from 45° to 20° etc.

That new pylon, is it between two of the taller ones?

Because that'd mean it is going to support the bottom dip on that main drop...

Har har, their stupid self-supporting, flexible track turned out to be as useless as it looked on paper.

I bet the flexibility of the track just absorbed all the momentum of the carts, thus the valleying. Same reason you can't have a suspended coaster that swings back and forth.

I too am disappointed this is staying

Personally... I think this project is extremely unique... I mean a ski lift company is trying. BUT... that happens to be the rides problem. It strays to far from a "roller coasters concept."

Think about it. Not a single feeling on this ride... save for being on a "wire" above the park... could not be replicated, or even improved upon by using proven technology.

Also, I do agree with many that the supports for the ride are horrible... but be thankful there are only a few!

-Andrew

• 2 months later...

Update! The concrete footers of the supports are painted in bright colours and shapes which is something err... 'special'.

Meanwhile there hasn't been any new about the opening of the ride, though it's most likely this summer. Doppelmayr is still having difficulties with operating all 8 cars on the track (currently they can operate with 5).

IMG_1666.JPG.0845712c2a4de1e0970cbc2812a7b680.JPG

IMG_1664.JPG.3211c253d7b36742a4636e8484d5a238.JPG

IMG_1665.JPG.5dedd749e21155df475bf64b1eaa66ae.JPG

To whoever made the comment about Mulholland Madness... there has been a rumor for quite sometime now that MM is on the chopping block because of its "out of placeness" and lack of originality. I'm not taking either side to the arguement, just saying don't be surprised to see it go.

^California Adventure, a park with much higher attendance than Walabi Belgium has a wild mouse...

I don't think that point is very vaild at all. I mean, Mullholland Madness has medium lines and never takes much to get on.

There are uglier things in the world that ruin things more than Vertigo does. Yes, it looks out of place, but that doesn't make it ugly. I think it looks cool. I mean, it isn't the ugliest coaster out there, so I don't see why you need to complain.

I think you'd complain if they didn't build anything at all, so just be thankful they put in a major ride...

Nobody's complaining about Viper at SFMM.... That coaster looks like .

I think this ride looks super neat, and it doesn't look out of place at all.. it barely affects the skyline because of the lack of supports. This is a GOOD idea for the park, because it makes it less visible without all the supports, they have a few massive ones, but it's better than 600 smaller supports.

I like the idea, and am very happy to see it continue. It looks fun, and like it's going to be a crazy experience, flying through the sky, soaring above the park, as if it's flight! Imagine if this was a flying coaster, it'd be the most realistic one yet, because you'd not have all of the track and supports visible, so you'd have that feeling that you really ARE soaring above the skies, instead of just laying down in some coaster car.

I just got back from Walibi. Vertigo was testing today with 4/5 cars. I saw 2 cars vallying (one at the first support and the other right before the helix near Lucky Luke City). After they took away those cars with the evac platform testing was normal. But they are still only at half the capacity they should be (8 cars).

What also struck me was that the cable really bends when a car travels over it. I don't know if this has something to do with the heat but it was actually really cool. The cables dropped like half a meter everytime a car passed.

I'm going back next week and I'll try to bring a videocamera to film the ride