TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Walibi Belgium Discussion Thread

Had the opportunity to ride Kondaa four times yesterday. This is what Walibi Belgium desperately needed: a thrilling rollercoaster with an orignal layout and within a good themed area. Had two middle row rides, one in the back and one almost in the front row. In the early morning, the ride is already amazing, but in some spots it just missed the expected 'umpf'. My backseat ride was in the late afternoon and maaaaaan... The forces and airtime are insane. It changed the ride experience from 'amazing' to 'mindblowing fantastic'! LOVE the first drop and the following two airtimehills! The ride is also super smooth. Is this my favorite rollercoaster? Don't know. Maybe? Can't really tell. But it's the best ride of my homepark for sure! I hope this ride, and all the other new improvements, help Walibi Belgium to gain more visitors and popularity! 

My last ride was an hour from closing. When we entered the first drop, it startend pouring rain like Hell! Although the pain on my face was almost unbearable, the forces and speed made me disorientated like never before. In-sane. 

Love the views you get from the queue!

PSX_20210515_220401.jpg

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

I had a question. I was looking for tickets online but saw no parking tickets, are these avilable at the park only? I'm merly confused as I'm used to buy all tickets (Including parking) online for the past year so just wanted to be sure.

55 minutes ago, RCT3Bross said:

I had a question. I was looking for tickets online but saw no parking tickets, are these avilable at the park only? I'm merly confused as I'm used to buy all tickets (Including parking) online for the past year so just wanted to be sure.

Not idea, I've been taking the train down 🤣.  I'll check, I may try to get down Saturday morning...

• Like 1

Thank you both. I still haven't decided yet when I will go, might be Sunday might be next week, but if I can know before hand that would be nice. I knew of the cheaper tickets they advertise that on their site that is why I went to look for them but couldn't find them. I just find it strange they advertise it on their ticket page if it's only available at the park.

I visited the park this morning and got 6 rides in on Kondaa.   My initial reaction a month ago, Kondaa was the first coaster I had ridden in almost 2 years due to covid.   Now having ridden Untamed, Goliath, and revisiting Kondaa, it was a little underwhelming.   Granted, it's morning and I expect it will warm up a bit (it was a warm morning though).  

Pretty much my breakdown is the same, I love the first drop and two hills, the non-inverting cobra roll doesn't do anything for me (its just going too slow through the transitions at the top to give any good forces), and the last 3rd isn't very forceful.  I think it losses too much speed and the elements aren't tight/extreme enough.   It definitely pales in comparison to Untamed.

And upon reflection, Expedition GeForce is still my #1/2 with Untamed.  I don't think the first drop or first two airtime hills are as extreme as on Expedition GeForce either.  

It's still a really fun coaster and still maybe top 5 for me, probably my 3rd favorite in Europe so far.   It's better than Taron for sure 🤣

The ride ops at Kondaa are rock stars.  They luckily are loading all rows, but consistently now with my visits, they have the train headed up the lift by as soon as the other train hits the breaks.  Very smooth and fast .

If your visiting Walibi, definitely get there as early as possible.  I arrived at 8:31 from the train and the line grew pretty quickly.  They set up a really long queue path at the entrance due to covid.  It literally takes 10 minutes just to walk it!  I managed to be 2nd in line for Untamed and got 6 rides in by 11:05.  

• Like 1

Well, there ya go! No parking lot around under there, huh? I love ALL the greenery, underneath and around this one.

📣 Waytago Walibi Belgium! And thank you for the great photos, Satchboogie3!

• 4 weeks later...

Today I manged to go to Walibi to try out Kondaa more on that later.

My last visit was in 2018 after Tiki- Waka opened so I wanted to review all 8 big coasters again a bit:

Loup-Garou: I'm still surprised to see this ride being so popular as it is. It felt like a lifetime ago that I had ridden a Vekoma woodie and lets just say I don't miss it in my annual program.

Calamity Mine: A great family coaster that honestly that I have little to say about.

Cobra and Vampire: These I can group together, comparing it to our Walibi. In Holland the new trains have made the coasters more bearable. It was nice to ride these again today to compare original vs new. Also for Vampire I witnessed today a train leaving the station with one safety bar still open and looked in the queue how the park handled the situation. Funny thing to witness as I never witnessed that mistake to happen ever.

Psyké Underground: Still hate the fact I missed the original Schwarzkopf era of this ride, but I cannot deny that I love how the ride builds up to the launch. 

Tiki-Waka: This ride got a shot on redemption today. Back in 2018 I didn't love it during a visit to Toverland I met a Belgian who told me I might have had a bad day as the coaster had some so I knew it deserved a new chance. Today it did better. No it's still not a world class coaster, it doesn't need to be one, but I enjoyed myself this time last time I was bored out of my mind now I at least had fun.

Pulsar: Still a great ride lot's of fun and still enjoy that triple launch just going faster and faster. Before today it was in my opinion the best coaster in the park but did I change my mind?

Kondaa: I have to speak in devil tongue. I rode it at the start of the day and it wasn't awesome. It was a nice ride, some floater action but people where praising a good coaster up to be way better then it actually was because it was new. Is what I was going to say if I didn't give it a second chance a couple hours later. I give it some time to warm up and it sure did, during the second ride it had woken up and hooked me and had me run around for a third ride, the ride is a beast and worthy of the praise given to it. Also love how the queue gives you perfect angles to watch it come down to earth. I take my hat of to Intamin and Walibi for this one, couldn't wish for a better first credit of the year.

• 2 weeks later...

Oh wow. It doesn't look too high but seems to cover a lot of park. How horrible that first they have to deal with covid, then they have to deal with this too. Same for the whole country (and Germany) - the scenes from there have been terrifying.

To makes matters worse, the park had just come off of a major investment (Kondaa).  Hopefully this park doesn't end up as the "Six Flags New Orleans of Europe" but the damage look like it could be so.  I've heard that some rides faced damage to electrical components

Maybe Knoebels could send a crew over there to give them a hand! They have first hand experience...

In all seriousness, this is a real bummer for the park. Does anyone know if its standing water or is it draining/moving? That could be the difference for clean up.

Friday, July 16, 2021, 13 h 45 - UPDATE on the closure of the site Walibi Belgium-Aqualibi due to the floods.

Dear friends,

The site Walibi Belgium-Aqualibi was hit hard by the heavy floods. We would like to thank you for your statements of support. Our teams are very moved by all that compassion.

Under these exceptional circumstances, the site Walibi Belgium-Aqualibi will remain closed until further notice. Pending further details regarding the reopening of the site, the sale of tickets and subscriptions is currently suspended.

Because the technical infrastructure has also been heavily affected, we are unavailable by telephone and by e-mail. We will keep you informed of all practical matters (tickets, subscriptions, reservations...) via our website and social media.

Meanwhile we wish great courage to those who, like Walibi Belgium, are affected by the heavy rainfall.

The Walibi Belgium-Aqualibi Team

Statement from the park.

Jeez, this honestly sucks so much for the park and for the people in the surrounding area...

"Because the technical infrastructure has also been heavily affected" sounds pretty grim and doesn't seem to bode well for the rest of this season. We're trying to plan a September Europe trip and we keep tweaking it due to changing circumstances surrounding COVID and the delta variant spread in Europe, but this was one park we were hoping to have as a sure visit because Kondaa looks incredible. And now this natural disaster seems to make a visit this year less likely.

Best wishes to all of you who live in the affected area.

I wonder how the "recovery" is going, but indeed it sounds like there may be a lot of serious issues.

I went to the park's website (cause I was thinking of going there soon) and for now all ticket sales are suspended. The calendar also shows the park closed until August 16 but perhaps this is still very optimistic? 

This also seems to be the only major park affected in Belgium as the other websites I went to show their respective parks up and running. 

^

As our teams work hard to repair the flood damage of July 16th, we thank you for your many messages of support that affect us greatly. We also want to thank our colleagues from the bottom of our hearts for their kindness and solidarity. THANK YOU EVERYONE!

----------------------------------------------

We have received quite a few sweet messages for our teams, who are constantly working to repair the damage from the floods. Thank you for this, dear visitors! We also want to thank our many colleagues from the bottom of our heart for their compassion and solidarity. THANK YOU ALL!

image.thumb.png.ce32dacc006f412ed82a65cefbad41d2.png

Source

^^ I just read a dutch article that said the park believes to be closed until early October. As of Belgium parks being affected by the floods I only know one other park Plopsa Coo also had some serious damage but lucky for them they are up and running again, they had help from de Panne and Holiday park. I do know there is one other park closed due to the floods a small park in the Netherlands the Valkenier. They had cleaned everything but then the local government told them they where not allowed, they even believe that for them the long closure and reparations due to flooding means the end of the park. This is every park I know that had to deal with the floods if there are more I haven't heard about it.

It's official:

WALIBI REOPENING BEGINNING OCTOBER

Dear friends dear friends,

For several days, our teams have been working tirelessly to get the park back to work as soon as possible. Given the damage, it will not be possible to reopen the park until the beginning of October.

On the other hand, we are challenging ourselves to reopen our doors for the Halloween season, hosting the most spectacular event the park has ever known. The appointment is booked!

Meanwhile, the sale of tickets and subscriptions remains suspended. Subscriptions will be extended by closing time. Tickets will either be extended or amended or refunded. All practical information and modalities will be made available in the next few weeks via the www.walibi.be & www.aqualibi.be and social networks (Facebook & Instagram: @walibibelgium).

As for the Aqualibi, the reopening date is not yet known.

We thank you for your patience and understanding.

Walibi Belgium - Aqualibi team

Link

Not a huge surprise. Maybe in normal times it could have reopened faster, but I know even getting a single spare part for a single ride at the moment can be a huge struggle so when you factor in the potential damage to rides and infrastructure it must be a herculean effort to come back from that.

That's a bit of a bummer but to be expected, I guess. I always feel sorry for parks that are heavily affected by something (like this or Covid) right after opening a major ride. At least they're not done for the season

• Like 1

• 1 month later...