TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Intamin Accelerators

Whats your favorite Intamin Accelerator?  

387 members have voted

1. 1. Whats your favorite Intamin Accelerator?

• Xcelerator
    • Top Thrill Dragster
    • Storm Runner
    • Rita - Queen Of Speed
    • Kanonen
    • Kingda Ka
    • Superman Escape

For me, easily Speed Monster.

Would love to go on ISpeed and Storm Runner tough.

iSpeed is an LSM coaster...but it looks better than any Accelerator! I've never been on one yet...last time I went to CP, Dragster was only taking 2-4 riders at a time and giving rollbacks every ride. I should have ridden for the rollback, and for the 2 launches, but 5 hours was a bit much - and riding Maverick again sounded better!

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Love Intamin accelerators, even if they are on the short side (and in stratacoaster cases, one-trick ponies). But in terms of bang-for-your-buck, I'm going to have to go with Storm Runner. Although the launch doesn't feel as strong as the other three I've ridden, the airtime is more abundant, and the inversions really compliment each other.

• 1 year later...

I voted Kingda Ka because the launch is by far the most intense moment I've ever experienced on a coaster, and I loved it.

TTD's launch is good as well, and although smoother, didn't feel quite as powerful as KK's- though still insane!! The t-bar restraints are a plus, too. I understand why KK and TTD don't have more elements than they do, but it would be nice!

Storm Runner also has a fun launch, and unlike the first 2 I listed, it actually "does stuff" after its launch and top hat! It is a fantastic coaster, and all 3 rank very high on my list of favorites.

• 2 years later...
Tough call between Dragster and Storm Runner. Two very different rides. One is more impressive (Dragster) while the other has more going on (Storm Runner). Lap bar only on Dragster might put it over the top.

Agreed......

This is how I'd rank the Intamin Rocket (Accelerator) Coasters I've ridden.

1. Storm Runner @ Hersheypark

2. Xcelerator @ Knotts Berry Farm

3. Top Thrill Dragster @ Cedar Point

4. Speed Monster @ Tusenfryd

5. Kaneon @ Liseberg

6. Kingda Ka @ Six Flags Great Adventure

7. Desert Storm @ Heide Park

As far as I'm concerned Xcelerator is better than TTD and KK. TTD and KK are the exact same ride. Straight launch. 400+ top hat. 90 degree drop. End. KK is a little taller than TTD but just barely. Xcelerator on the other hand may be 200 feet shorter but actually has a roller coaster after the drop.

Edited by coloradocoasterguy

I'm really happy Storm Runner is running tings in the poll. That ride is so badass.

This! I was pleasantly surprised to see it leading over TTD, which may very well be 4th from this list for me. Storm Runner is so great!