TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Steelers win the Super Bowl.

Damien666

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I totally understand your frustration as there were quite a few bad calls in that game, however, it's somewhat naive to say that those calls would completely make up for the lost points. There's always more that each team could have done. You can't take all the credit away from Pittsburgh. It was a hard played game.

I disagree with you though, I found Roethlisberger's TD to be indisputable. It was pretty obvious that the ball broke the plane if you ask me.

Sorry for your disappointment, but well played.

^ Ok, I do have to agree that both teams gave it their all. But IMO, that TD did not count! I saw a camera angle that clearly showed the ball under his chest when he hit the ground and it wasn't on or past the line!

Some people will agreee with me on this and of course some won't.

^This is true. But it's not about where the ball is when he hits the ground. It's about where it is at any point before he hits it, and there was a view that clearly showed that the ball broke the plane.

I really don't want this to turn into a flame fest so please just know that I'm just trying to make a point. Like I said, there were a lot of questionable and bad calls, but these guys aren't perfect. It's unfortunate that games can't be perfectly called, but that's the world we live in.

-Scott "Any soccer fans know what I mean coughthehandofgodcough" Parrish

Sorry dude, the ball doesn't have to stop over the line at the end of the play, it has to break the plane of the end zone during the play. Big Ben clearly broke the plane before he was hit. I don't think the ref was that blind as to the final shots of him ending up just behind the line and then picking up the ball and moving it there.

It was a great game, the Seahawks surprised me for a good portion of the game, and it was actually exciting, unlike previous years where you just watch for the commercials.

Congrats to Bill Cowher, Big Ben, Mr. MVP Ward, the Bus, and the rest of the Steelers team for doing a great job (despite very boring rally songs in the 'burgh)

^^Ok, point made.

I do agree that this game was really fun to watch! I am proud that the Seahaks did pull a few moves that surprised everyone. *A.K.A The 76 yard interception!* and we did have a good beginning. I'm still cringing at the hit we gave the Steeler's upsidown, ouch!

I fully agree that soccer is a lot worse! It's so crazy that those guys fall down where nobody is around them!

Nice thread. I am going to the fridge now to get some Gouda for ya!

Sorry dude, the ball doesn't have to stop over the line at the end of the play, it has to break the plane of the end zone during the play. Big Ben clearly broke the plane before he was hit. I don't think the ref was that blind as to the final shots of him ending up just behind the line and then picking up the ball and moving it there.

Like Derek said, only a "pixel" of than ball needs to cross the front edge of the paint. It wasn't pretty, but it was a touchdown.

The refs sucked, but Jerramy Stevens failing to back up his mouth and Josh Brown missing two long kicks hurt Seattle worse. Oh yeah, the terrible ball management and the end of each half didn't help.

I thought that Jeremy Stevens played a pretty good game. It was unfortunate that he had to drop the last pass of the game with Farrior and Porter standing right over top of him.

I don't care who you were rooting for though, the pass play with Randle El was jaw-dropping awesome. Hard to believe that IU produced a football player like that. I still remember going to the games and watching him. He was pretty much the only highlight during those days. Really happy he won the big one.

One for the thumb baby!!!

I too was disappointed with the first half of the game, but that second half was electrifying. Nail biter for sure. Some of those plays almost gave me a heart attack.

Some don't agree about some of the calls, but for those of us who are Pitt fans and got screwed on the play from Indy. That call was horrible....we deserved this Superbowl for Jerome Bettis. We promised him one ring before he retired.

We gave him that last night, as he said, the last stop is Detroit. He had one hell of a run with the Steelers, and guess what?

We are going to DISNEY WORLD!!!

Speaking of Disney World, I liked the commercials before and during the game with the guys practicing how they'd say "I'm going to Disney World" if they won. But my favorite moment was in the local postgame coverage when the Steelers Mike Logan, from nearby McKeesport, said something like forget Disney World, we're going to Kennywood. I enjoyed that one. I wish I had that one on tape.

The game didn't have much of a flow to it but the score was close to keep it interesting. I had a strange feeling winning this one and thinking back to the last Steelers win when I was only 6 years old or so. It's been a while.

I forgot to say this but the trick play with Randle El that was just beautiful. Haha I read this is on Espn.com that Roethlisberger will shave his beard off with Gilletes new Fusion razor on the Late Show tonight with David Letterman and will get payed for doing it.

It was a great game. The Steelers deserved it. Especially Jerome Bettis. But

I agree with everybody, the Ref's were horible! They called every little thing. I mean, it's the Super Bowl! Just let them play football! Half of the Ref's calls weren't even reasonable like the one were the called Jackson, a WR for the Seahawks, an offensive pass interference when they scored! That was one of the worst calls I have ever seen.

No the worst call was the interception called back against Troy Palamolou. The NFL actually called that play back. Now that was bad. Besides he pushed off on the steeler, it was clear as day. That is offensive pass interference.

It was a great game. The Steelers deserved it. Especially Jerome Bettis. But

I agree with everybody, the Ref's were horible! They called every little thing. I mean, it's the Super Bowl! Just let them play football! Half of the Ref's calls weren't even reasonable like the one were the called Jackson, a WR for the Seahawks, an offensive pass interference when they scored! That was one of the worst calls I have ever seen.

Plus, how do you get a 15 yard penalty for a cut block on a tackle?

The Steeler that "sacked" Hasselback was offside, he beat the snap by about half a second.

One of the Seahawk incompletions, the receiver had one foot in and the other foot knocked the pylon over, which by definition is INBOUNDS.

Ok, looking at sites at Espn,FOX sports and whatnot. It seems NOBODY liked the ref! The writers are argreeing that this Super Bowl was not as good as it could have been because of the ref's. Now we may not know how the game would have gone if the bad calls were not there. (Still IMO and many writers and Seattle fans that TD was close, but NO TD! Of course any Steeler fan will disagree)

I do have to say the game would have been better if the ref's didn't make up the bad calls. It would have been a much more fun game.

But I am proud of Seattle for getting some of the best stats for a losing team. I'm proud to be a fan too. (There is a good reason why we have the best home field advantage! We get the place LOUD!)

I also have to say some Steelers fans (Some, not ALL!) have NO class. I mean, when you boo all the past MPV's as they come out on the field, that's just no respect.